Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
This was probably his only good performance at LB for us ever, so people should probably calm down(meaning please stop even mentioning him as a LB in general).

Maureen-yo

This was probably his only good performance at LB for us ever, so people should probably calm down(meaning please stop even mentioning him as a LB in general).
Agreed, he does well going forward but at the complete sacrifice of his defensive duties, would get found out against better players.

Alemar

I voted for his as our MotM today. Good stuff from Marcos

LoneStar

Definitely one of the better players today, some good crosses. Great fun to watch him play always!

Sylar

The Rabona :lol:

Hes a madman. Its a shame he will probably only play a few more times and then get injured for most of the season. Cant believe hes almost 30 and been here almost 6 years.

AFC NimbleThumb

I like him at FB as he’s willing to try stuff.

Young has begun to cut back as much as Tony V, I would much rather Rojo there in a ‘full strength’ team to see what he could bring.

RMD83

I like him at FB as he’s willing to try stuff.

Young has begun to cut back as much as Tony V, I would much rather Rojo there in a ‘full strength’ team to see what he could bring.
He’s played LB for us a number of times and been awful. He was decent today but that was league 2 standard. Credit where it’s due though he had a good game today.

Cathy Ferguson

He didn't have to defend much today and his crossing was quite good, not least compared to what Shaw has to offer going forward. And he is El Loco.

AFC NimbleThumb

He’s played LB for us a number of times and been awful. He was decent today but that was league 2 standard. Credit where it’s due though he had a good game today.
In fairness you are correct, he’s had some terrible games at the position but I’ve always enjoyed his tenacity in the position in comparison to safety first Young & no product Shaw.

We need to improve the cover at this position & [imo] the starting talent.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Recency bias. His best performance at LB for us was against Man City early in 2015/16 when he bullied De Bruyne.

RedCurry

He was not just good, he was fantastic. Credit where credit is due.

Seanus

I thought he was poor or at best meh.
His and Dalot's performances were light years away from what top class full backs do. Would not care if he never played again.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
It's clear he loves playing for United. Hope he gets a run of games. Was lively tonight. He'll fizz one in soon I'm sure of it.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I didn't see the first 30 minutes, but I thought he had a horrible game. He tried a rabona and a decent long distance shot, but mostly he forgot to run back and defend on his side, Rashford had to do that more than a few times. It created a lot of unbalance in the team, and he had no productive activity going forward despite bombing upfield the whole game. He also hoofed the ball more than a few times when we needed to keep calm. He is a really bad player and he shouldn't be playing at all.

Based Adnan

It's just fun watching him play. Always in for doing something mental whether it's a rabona, a shot from 40 yards or a 2 footed tackle.

Was our most creative player today. Unlucky not to get an assist or 2.

Red00012

When he went in for a 50/50 at full steam ignoring the fact he could have got nailed:D And 60 seconds later he slides and if he makes a connection with the player its a straight red:lol:

He’s just a funny guy to watch.

izec

Rojo has no balance though. If you play him LB, he will leave the left side completely exposed defensively. He is nice against teams that cant hurt us, but against good opposition, it will be suicidal to employ him like that.

Raven

Really enjoyed that performance from him. Ole seemed to love it and all.

Foxbatt

He is a much better CB on the left side. He is a good cover for the CBs. And he can play as lb if really required though he is not that good. But he played in a WC Final too.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is soon to be a 30 year old man. He shouldn't be playing at all, just because he is fun to watch. I don't like to be negative but while seeing youngsters struggling a bit in a team that has never played together is understandable, to still see Rojo and Jones play in that same game just makes me sad. They are struggling players. Why are we playing the most talentet youngsters with the worst players in our squad, when our usual squad is not even that good? How is that a positive way into the team for the young boys? People think Rojo had a great game compared to our youngsters who struggled, but our whole team consisted of senior players that failed them, players who are not able to control a game even against Astana... and Rojo is part of that group, and the blame is on him and the others in that group. A youngster had to save them all with a solo goal.

Only thing Rojo did was playing like what we usually would describe as a useless winger. Brandon Williams would have walked that game in a similar manner, if his positional discipline was of no concern. It is sad that Rojo is still at the club, getting opportunities like this.

I wouldn't enjoy the shot from Rojo even if it went in, and while he is "fun" to watch, or even likeable I'm not about to go watch United in the hope of getting exited about the possibility of a red card to our team, or a player getting injured. "Anything can happen, its fun", but it's really not.

Tarrou

He always looks moments away from doing something absolutely mental

Was good today though

Pierluigi Casiraghi

Had him as MOTM quite easily, did pretty much all you could expect of a full back going forward. Definitely shouldn't be considered a serious option there though, always looks weirdly disorientated when defending the flank (which he barely had to do at all today), which is off given he's an OK centre back. Just a weird player in general.

FujiVice

Always loved Rojo. Andy Mitten said he went to Argentina to interview people for FourFourTwo and found out Marcos Rojo was the hardest cnut in his village. A proper hardcase. You wouldnt want to mess with him.

Got glaring faults, obviously, but has giant balls on him. Never scared to make a mistake and will happily grap the game by the neck.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Rojo at LB is always good going forward. He is actually very skilled with the ball. His problem is defensively. He's too slow to play FB against speedy wingers. However, he may be a good option to bring in against teams that are sitting back. He offers more going forward than Shaw does but Shaw is a better defender...

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He just doesn’t seem to give a solitary feck... which is admittedly fun, in a kamikaze kind of way.

passing-wind

He didn't have to defend much today and his crossing was quite good, not least compared to what Shaw has to offer going forward. And he is El Loco.
Is the sole reason he had a decent performance.

He does seem to have good technique coming outside of the left, he played some fantastic passes into dangerous areas multiple times throughout. It's funny he showed more ambition to contribute to the attack than what Shaw has displayed for a good while.

SaintMuppet

I like him, can’t defend for sh1t but I like him. Always halfway to a straight jacket and always smiling.

I imagine he’s popular at the club and probably the hardest too.

While it’s still stupid season maybe he will get a 4 plus 1 too....

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Apart from being a blast to watch - he was in top top shape. You can tell his body was operating on all cylinders and it was a joy to watch someone having so much fun while being that athletic

kiristao

Had a good game offensively. A defensive liability but when we play against teams that only want to defend, he isn't a bad option at LB. Not a permanent starter definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.