Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

Christ, what is the fecking point of giving minutes to this guy? Same as Fred, Young, Mata, Matic, Lingard and Jones, useless waste of time.

jackal&hyde

Christ, what is the fecking point of giving minutes to this guy? Same as Fred, Young, Mata, Matic, Lingard and Jones, useless waste of time.
This is the level of our squad depth. It's shocking but true.

Sylar

Hes mad but we need to get rid of him (And get in a replacement)

Tony Clifton

I love our crazy argie.

Also hilarious that his full name is actually Faustino Marcos Alberto Rojo, considering the connotations of the bolded name in particular, along with the context of playing for the red devils, whilst his surname translates directly to red in Spanish and his playing style is outrageous and mad. Nothing new, but all the pieces fit together makes it quite funny.

For those confused about what I'm referring to, it's the story of Faust: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faust

The erudite Faust is highly successful yet dissatisfied with his life, which leads him to make a pact with the Devil, exchanging his soul for unlimited knowledge and worldly pleasures. The Faust legend has been the basis for many literary, artistic, cinematic, and musical works that have reinterpreted it through the ages. "Faust" and the adjective "Faustian" imply a situation in which an ambitious person surrenders moral integrity in order to achieve power and success for a delimited term.
Sounds like our boy Marcos.

Last edited:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Had a brainfart early on but overall a decent performance, I'd start him at LB over Young right now.
Rojo was fairly good against Astana, but otherwise he's almost always terrible at leftback. I'd definitely take Young ahead of him (it's important to separate Young's performances at LB from his performances at RB, as he's normally much better on the left).

I thought Rojo was arguably our best player against AZ. Not that that was saying much, but he did a decent job.

Vissy

Rojo is atrocious. Wastes possession half the time he has the ball.

Foxbatt

Rojo is atrocious. Wastes possession half the time he has the ball.
But he defended brilliantly. He was the only one trying to play the forward pass. Everyone else was playing it back and square.

Bobski

That yellow card:lol: Classic Rojo, an utterly brainless hack when it was not needed which removed him from that passage of play, and was as likely to injure himself as the opponent. Moron of a player.

Red00012

He did ok after coming on (didn’t get sent off ) but I’d love to know what he really thinks of the likes of Mata pulling out of challenges.

Foxbatt

He should play on the left side of midfield. A bit like Phil Neville did occasionally.

Sterling Archer

Commentators said he was in a world cup final 5 years ago. That was right after or before he joined us I think. How has be been here that long?!

Based Adnan

Tuanzebe injured in warm up. Rojo in.

Should see some entertaining challenges at the very least.

rooneyberbatov

At fault once more. Sadly, this is nothing new. He should be no where near our first team. Any young player before him, please.

Kostov

Absolute appalling shit of a footballer. Combine him with Ashley Young and you get Lallana scoring his first goal after 18 months.

mu4c_20le

50/50 responsibility on that goal, since it passed Lindelof first. Otherwise solid game by his standards

izec

Come on guys, it was a comedy of errors from everyone in the back 5. Partly yes

Wan Bissaka too inside and late to the cross, Lindelöf through the legs, Rojo under the foot and Ashley sleeping as usual at the back post. Every single one of them could have prevented it if done the job properly

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I thought he was alright, despite sleeping on that goal (along with others).

I'd still rather he didn't play/wasn't here. I don't think I've seen a more one footed player. Even Valencia would use his left when needed. Rojo's right foot is non-existent. Seeing a professional footballer attempt to clear a ball with the outside of the boot or, as he's done in the past, a fecking rabona, makes me wince. He couldn't ever turn inside and pass to to the midfield because he'd be forced on to his right, so he just knocked it to his left and launched it down the line every time. How can a player at this level be so limited and one dimensional? How can a player at this level, whose 9 to 5 is to train to be better at football, be so unable to play a 10 yard pass with their weak foot?

Stadjer

One mistake ruined what I thought was otherwise a very good game from him
That is the main issue with Rojo. He can have a great game but there is always a chance he makes a mistake which will cost the team a goal or get him a red card.

Not a great quality for a defender to have...

Devil may care

One mistake ruined what I thought was otherwise a very good game from him
Agreed, and given he has barely played and came in last minute I thought he did well, there was one hilarious moment where he was taking golf swings with his leg at various Liverpool players, thankfully he didn't connect or he might have been off.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Played well for 85 mins. Was one of a number of players who should have done better for their goal, by no means all his fault despite what others are saying.

Meep

Alone responsible for letting Lallana lose at the back post. Looked at the ball, ran cluelessly for it and lost his player. Solid game otherwise.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Agreed, and given he has barely played and came in last minute I thought he did well, there was one hilarious moment where he was taking golf swings with his leg at various Liverpool players, thankfully he didn't connect or he might have been off.
You love to see it. Not enough kicking Liverpool players goes on in the modern game.

Irwin99

I thought Young was to blame for the goal but looking at it again i think that's Rojo's fault. Loses his man, although maybe you can say the cross shouldn't reach that far anyway.

There's always a scary moment with Rojo on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.