Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SambaBoy

As has been mentioned, Rojo has the oppposite striker's trait where they will do nothing for 89 then pop up with a goal and look good. Rojo is normally solid/good for 89 minutes than makes a major mistake that leads to a goal, and then it's a poor performance. I don't think he will ever rid that from his game.

Red00012

It’s funny as you read through the player performances thread, ive noticed Periera , Wan Bissaka , Lindelöf , Rojo and Young’s have all been blamed for the goal. :lol::lol:

Edit * I must actually read DDG thread yet

** + DDG:houllier:

jem

Missed the game but just saw the highlights - that was a criminal mistake on Lallana's goal. I actually weirdly kind of like Rojo, but it's incredible that he is still around.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
As has been mentioned, Rojo has the oppposite striker's trait where they will do nothing for 89 then pop up with a goal and look good. Rojo is normally solid/good for 89 minutes than makes a major mistake that leads to a goal, and then it's a poor performance. I don't think he will ever rid that from his game.
Well, at 29 it's not looking promising :lol:

I'm still a bit shocked he made it past last summer's window, I would've thought he'd be first out the door.

SambaBoy

Well, at 29 it's not looking promising :lol:

I'm still a bit shocked he made it past last summer's window, I would've thought he'd be first out the door.
Didn't even realise he was that old tbf. Thought he was around 25/26.

Yeah I thought he would be sold given his performances and injury record. I actually prefer him to Jones however so I would get rid of Jones first then next would be Bailly or Rojo as Bailly is in the same boat as Rojo IMV. Just too rash and injury prone.

Fracture90

That was a typical Rojo performance yesterday. Only thing missing was a crazy goal attempt from the half line to round up a textbook Rojo game.

Andersons Dietician

There was a moment in the game where Fred went in hard on someone and the crowd lifted and immediately after I think Young or Perreria did and the crowd lifted again and the ball broke in to space and I was thinking we are going to get another crunching tackle coming in here and then I saw Rojo charging for the ball in a prime 50/50 moment.

with the crowd cheering a 50/50 and Rojo I was expecting to see a red card any second. Unlike him though he never went for it and stayed on his feet.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I thought he was pretty good considering he was a late addition. Poor for their goal though, and I suppose his unreliability in key moments is why he's out of favour here.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Like many others, he should not be here. Tired of having a go at our players.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
fecking great today. The only one of that back three that didn't look uncomfortable on the ball. Seemed to have a decent level of understanding with Williams, too. Plus he threw in a two footed lunge for old times sake.

Bare chested, marauding Marcos Rojo.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
fecking great today. The only one of that back three that didn't look uncomfortable on the ball. Seemed to have a decent level of understanding with Williams, too. Plus he threw in a two footed lunge for old times sake.

Agree, thought he was excellent last night, and i'm old school, I love it when one of our central-defenders enjoys hurting players and Marcos ticks all the boxes on that score. He rarely, despite the rumours, let's us down.

Nickelodeon

Agree, thought he was excellent last night, and i'm old school, I love it when one of our central-defenders enjoys hurting players and Marcos ticks all the boxes on that score. He rarely, despite the rumours, let's us down.
Doesn't seem like a particularly nice thing to say.

Either way. Watching the Lingard gifs from the other thread reminds me that Rojo is decent enough on the ball and, if nothing else, at least tries a forward pass. If we had a competent guy playing in the 8 or 10 position, couple more chances might've been created.

Classical Mechanic

He looks uncomfortable on the ball to me. Every time he receives the ball in a defensive position he looks up at all the passes he can make, dawdles until he's closed down and then punts it long.

youmeletsfly

He's a nutter, but I like that his passing is quite alright at times.
Dunno, there's something to like about him. :angel::angel:

UncleBob

Comfortable on the ball :lol: He goes for the long option more often than anyone else.

SoCross

He looks uncomfortable on the ball to me. Every time he receives the ball in a defensive position he looks up at all the passes he can make, dawdles until he's closed down and then punts it long.
Agreed. Anyone has his stats for the game? Thought he was atrocious on the ball last night. Of course it didn't help his cause that Garner and Scotty McT weren't making themselves available either.

Kag

Out of position for the best part of ninety minutes.

He’s fourth choice and a bit of a laugh, though.

el3mel

He has been better this season than the previous 2 seasons tbf with him.

Based Adnan

Good today. I love how you can see him get angry and just know he's going to smash the opponent the next time there's a challenge worth doing :lol:

Liked how he was constantly chatting to and encouraging Williams throughout the game

Hes great. Plays well most of the time but still you never know what's coming next.

PoTMS

Play him in all the cup competitions. Decent enough today but he's a walking red card.

Alemar

Like it or not, but at the very least Rojo was better than Lindelof today. He is gradually becoming a starting XI player, I doubt anyone could’ve expected it

Kag

Solid throughout, and really should be ahead of Lindelof in the pecking order.
He hung Williams out to dry because he couldn’t or wouldn’t cover him.

Neville noted it in commentary and I was pleased he did. I’d been tearing my hair out about it since the first half.

Lindelof plays the three man centre half role very effectively, actually.

LJJT

Works very hard, aggressive, bitnof a leader. He’s just a bit lazy or a bit thick at times but pleased to see him playing and help give us some steel. If Lindelof had his mentality and bravery it would be ideal. All our CB’s between them have all the attributes but non have them all as individuals

Ace of Spades

He hung Williams out to dry because he couldn’t or wouldn’t cover him.

Neville noted it in commentary and I was pleased he did. I’d been tearing my hair out about it since the first half.

Lindelof plays the three man centre half role very effectively, actually.
Agreed. Lindelof was playing his role in a back 3 very well, and the understanding and communication between Lindelof and AWB was very good.

Rojo on the other hand, was too tucked in, often in no mans land, while Williams was getting double teamed on the flank. Credit to Williams that he mostly handled it well.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is again in that firm from Jose's first season. Solid defender. Good 3rd choice to have. And i must praise Ole for that( yes yes, i can praise Ole when he deserves it). Ole acceoted that Jones is complete shit and that Rojo is much better option. Hope that he learns that with Lingard also

Andersons Dietician

Hes like Sergio Ramos. A cnut. But when the cnut is on your team, you love him
This is pretty much the perfect description of him. I’ve found a new love for him this season and I think it’s more just due to the kind of character he is. I feel like if we were to get rid of him it’d be a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.