Current club:
Manchester United
Contract until: 30.06.2021
Contract option: Option for a further year
Date of last contract extension: Mar 16, 2018
Outfitter: Nike​

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Weren't him and Bailly a very solid CB partnership in 16/17?

Foxbatt

They were till Bailly got himself injured. I feel that Rojo is more useful than either Smalling or Jones but he needs someone solid to play with him. I feel with Lindelof on the right and Rojo on the left we can become solid again. He is fairly quick and is not afraid to put his body on the line. He is also a very good header of the ball and has a long range shot too. He just needed to be coached well at CB. If someone like Vidic can coach him he can become a good CB I feel.

3KDré

From memory he did well with Bailly for about a month, then (when Bailly got injured) Jones came in and RoJones did well for about two months.
It was Rojo and Jones at first (when we went on some sort of streak) during probably midway through the season when Bailly was injured- then Bailly came back and Jones got injured and in the last part of season we played Bailly and Rojo- one particular game they did very well together in was against Chelsea when the two bullied Costa and Herrera pocketed Hazard.

dev1l

Biggest problem with Rojo,Jones an Bailly is injuries. They get them so often that makes it impossible for them to have a good run in the team and hence difficult to achieve consistency

slored1

How on earth is he coming into his sixth season with us. No ability as a footballer whatsoever, all he does is two footed lunges and stupid shots from about 35 yards.

SteveW

Pointlessly juggling the ball for 5 seconds before casually playing Mata into trouble is just so typical of this joker.

Ace of Spades

He just should never, ever be played as a LB. He is diabolical everytime he plays there. He has no clue about positioning, and defending as a LB.

luke511

Anyone else annoyed he's ended up with the no.16? That went from Keane to Carrick to.. Rojo

Fer

We should sell Rojo, Darmian, Bailly and Jones to use the money to buy Alderweireld and Tierney.

nameischarles

Cant believe we actually offered him an extension :houllier:
Yea it's a bit silly extending his contract as it seems like we offered him an extension thinking that we can flip him for some profit but no one wants to buy him.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Tottenham's scoring chance in the first half today when De Gea made a nice save on Alli is a perfect example of why Rojo isn't good enough. Alli made a simple run to the right and Rojo didn't pick him up. He was Rojo's man but instead of tracking the run he stayed with Kane who was already marked by Smalling. Rojo has to go...

el3mel

He's entering his 6th year with United. 4 more years to get his testimonial. :drool:

Irrational.

Tottenham's scoring chance in the first half today when De Gea made a nice save on Alli is a perfect example of why Rojo isn't good enough. Alli made a simple run to the right and Rojo didn't pick him up. He was Rojo's man but instead of tracking the run he stayed with Kane who was already marked by Smalling. Rojo has to go...
#RoGo

He'sRaldo

If we don't get a new defender I think he should be first choice beside Lindelof. The only LCB we have, can play the ball, aggression and physicality matches well with Lindelof's standoff defending. Hopefully we upgrade though so it doesn't have to come to that...

Bobski

I don't understand people rating him at all. In his 5+ years at the club has he even had 30 good games at CB?

Partner him with Lindelof and you end up with a slow and aerially vulnerable CB pairing, with one far too timid player and one who is far too reckless.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Just give all of his and Baillys minutes to Tuanzebe and we'll be better off. I actually like him, just think he's an entirely pointless squad member.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I don't understand people rating him at all. In his 5+ years at the club has he even had 30 good games at CB?
From memory Rojo didn't really play at centreback very often in his first two seasons. It wasn't until Mourinho's first season that he got a good run there, and to be fair to him he actually did very well for three or four months (barring the two terrible challenges that he somehow didn't get a red card for). At the end of that season most on the Cafe voted him as our best defender that season, although that was as much due to everyone else also being very inconsistent as how good Rojo was. Unfortunately he did his cruciate to end that good run he had, and he's been constantly injured since then.

Don't get me wrong, it's obviously time to move him on. But it should be acknowledged that he did actually do quite well the only time he did play there consistently.

Actually I just looked at his stats and it looks like he did play centreback a fair bit in the first half of his first season. But even then it got broken up with two different injuries. Can't remember how he actually performed.

3KDré

From memory Rojo didn't really play at centreback very often in his first two seasons. It wasn't until Mourinho's first season that he got a good run there, and to be fair to him he actually did very well for three or four months (barring the two terrible challenges that he somehow didn't get a red card for). At the end of that season most on the Cafe voted him as our best defender that season, although that was as much due to everyone else also being very inconsistent as how good Rojo was. Unfortunately he did his cruciate to end that good run he had, and he's been constantly injured since then.

Don't get me wrong, it's obviously time to move him on. But it should be acknowledged that he did actually do quite well the only time he did play there consistently.

Actually I just looked at his stats and it looks like he did play centreback a fair bit in the first half of his first season. But even then it got broken up with two different injuries. Can't remember how he actually performed.
He wasn't too bad in his first season, but it was in a back 3 where he was the furthest left and then when he got injured it was Blackett. He wasn't that bad in the position but nothing outstanding.

The Irish Connection

You’re right. Him and Bailly had a very good 3 or 4 months a few seasons back and then he got the cruciate injury. He’s actually a decent player but another one of the bargain bin, questionable United style/quality players we have signed since Fergie. E.g. Fellaini, Herrera.
Our board always seem concerned about spending the extra 10 million here or there on quality and instead have gone for the tier below player.

jackal&hyde

Did very good against a good Tottenham side. Surprised there aren't more posts here. One thing i'll say about him is he has something we haven't had since Vidic, lots and lots of aggression. If he can channel that in a positive way he can be a very valuable player. His passing was also very good, almost getting Greenwood? through with a long accurate pass that was cut out in a last ditch effort by a defender for a throw in.

The key for him, like with Bailly, is to just stay the f fit.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
The pre-season already started and the guy is partying with Di María in Ibiza. And the we ask ourselves why is he never fit...

redMundo

Unlike many I actually quite rate Rojo but the guy just can’t stay fit.

His tackles can be rash every now and again but at least he puts his foot in and commits unlike a few others.
He’s decent on the ball, good in the air and is one of our better passers out from the back.
I think being a lefty at centre back adds a different dimension when he plays too, which also allows Lindelof to play on his favoured right hand side.

Would certainly have him over perma-crocked, fart-infused-brain, contract-collecting Phil Jones.
Much better when we have the ball than Smalling (not as good defensively though) and I think he’s shown better for us than Bailly who has more holes in his game imo.

Most importantly he’s got a nasty streak and seemingly a winning mentality, things the rest of our squad desperately lack.

Don’t get me wrong he’s not a world beater but think our fans are a bit harsh on him sometimes.

Reactions: Carolina Red

Bondi77

This guy is truely hopeless and he would be my first choice to be given the big boot this summer and how Jose could get this guy another contract was reason alone for him to be given the sack.

Djemba-Djemba

He's shite and always injured.

The fact he's potentialy going into his 6th season here shows what a fecking shambles we've been.

Now we've got Maguire hopefully we sell Rojo.

Status
Not open for further replies.