5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

He had the potential to be good but injuries stopped it happening, just as it has with the rest of the treatment room regulars. At this point whoever is out of contract first or whoever we can get an offer on should be first to go.

Foxbatt

He was probably our best player apart from Wissaka today.

Ace of Spades

He was good today. There is a player there, but the constant injuries do not help.

Foxbatt

For one he is a very hard player who is not scared to put his body on the line. He is also fairly quick and can shoot from long range and also a good header of the ball and can join the attack. ON the negative side he could make silly mistakes. But I prefer him on the left side to any of our other CBs, Lindelof included.

kundalini

I've been impressed by his performances at CB this pre-season. Unconvincing in his 45 mins as left-back.

It's a bit strange that he has had more CB mins than Smalling, and about the same as Jones, but perhaps he's a better fit for the new system than they are.

Not sure what to think after Solskjaer showed almost no interest in using him last season.

Last edited:

Foxbatt

Rojo is a better left sided CB than either Smalling, Jones or Bailly. He is very quick too and is not afraid of putting his body in the line. If he has someone calm alongside him he could become a decent CD on the left side. He is terrible as a LB.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The Times claims the Glazer brothers personally blocked his deadline day move to Everton "as they regard the Toffees as fellow top-six rivals".

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Is he fit? I'd like to see him play left back if so. I've really had enough of watching Young and Rojo is anything if not entertaining with his long shots, crazy behavior and occasional brilliance.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
The Times claims the Glazer brothers personally blocked his deadline day move to Everton "as they regard the Toffees as fellow top-six rivals".
Very strange really. If he is not good enough for us then surely he would have made them weaker.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Honestly I think Rojo is a good squad player. He was LB in Argentina's run to the WC final in 2014, which is probably how we noticed him. Not great attacking there, but as a third choice LB and 4th CB, how much can you expect? We're lucky he's willing to ride the bench.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So Ole said he's definitely staying. A bit surprised at that.

Pecking order, Maguire-Lindelof-Tuanzebe-Jones-Rojo? Bailly fecked of course.

Who is closest in the youths to stepping up? O'Connor?

Based Adnan

People like to claim he's a hoofer (which he is at times tbf) but he's actually not bad on the ball. Pretty good at pinging it between the lines. Mentality wise he's also apparently good, training as he plays and you get the idea he'll always have your back as a teammate. Can cover at LB as well I guess though I don't rate him there.

Not a bad 4th/5th choice to keep around

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
You pays your money and you takes your choice when deciding between Jones, Bailly and Rojo. You've got one that's a walking calamity, one that's a walking red card and the other that's a mix of both

I guess when I term it like that it's the one who's a mix of both should be the one that is shipped out next

JanK

Supports
Napoli
I remember some bizarre story that Ole had an idea to use him as a DM because he is an aggressive madman. Maybe a Roy Keaneish comeback and a nostalgia tour for Babyfaced Assassin?

He has some passing range in him, I'd like to see him as a DM for even one game. Well, he cannot be slower or more static than Matic, can he?

Other thing is that he is a left-footed one. Can provide (some) cover for LB if Young cannot play there. He was killed by Feyenoord @ EL group stage but still better than playing with 10 men.

I don't know - he was quite cool for Argentina in WC2014 and I liked him. I had high hopes for him when he joined and saw him as a LB or a partner for Smalling. But it seems that his football intelligence is lost when his temper is activated, which is intolerable for a defensive player. I hope he will have his chance in Fenerbahce. The window is still open and everything can still happen.

JohnnyLaw

Is he fit? I'd like to see him play left back if so. I've really had enough of watching Young and Rojo is anything if not entertaining with his long shots, crazy behavior and occasional brilliance.
I like Rojo more than the majority on here but I never want to see him playing LB for us again. Besides, I thought Young did alright coming on against Palace, apart from his episode vs Zaha of course. But then he salvaged it with a block anyways in the end.

el3mel

Our best player tonight. :lol: And in LB too.

Though it's only Astana and we know he'll feck it up in the upcoming games if he plays there regularly sooner or later.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Our best player tonight. :lol: And in LB too.
Literally everything he did in attack went wrong. Can't recall a decent cross (one but Rashford was offside) and his shooting from distance is vomit inducing.

beer&grill

Unpopular opinion, but Rojo is better than Shaw. Better at crossing, technically, actually overlaps and brings energy. Should have had a couple of assists tonight.

el3mel

Literally everything he did in attack went wrong. Can't recall a decent cross (one but Rashford was offside) and his shooting from distance is vomit inducing.
He created some good chances through his crossing in the first half.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Could be 2:0 in the first half from his passing alone.

Not the toughest opponent he played against, but it was good to see some effort from him.

reddevil80

unlike young, he was more than willing to drive at the opposition and take shots. Played well, showed he was having fun and he's on his way back to fitness. Young came on and sent as many balls backwards as Rojo played forwards. I have always liked Rojo as his heart is always on his sleeve, and he is human and messes up but he was easily our best passer of the ball tonight. Would like to see if he can work more on his jumping and heading however, his tackling is ruthless and it should stay that way for a defender. Well played Rojo.

Ace of Spades

As long as he does not need to defend on the back foot, he is decent as a LB. Still, not conceding with Rojo and Jones both in the team is a positive in itself.

reddevil80

You'd rather Mr backward and side-wards passer, Young every time Shaw is injured then? Seriously? Or have I been tricked and you are actually Ashley Young himself? Hope you recorded this match as I will suggest watching it back when you're sober :houllier:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Loved his game, some excellent crosses and he is too confident.

One day he will score from those long range shots, which he is trying from past 6 years, then the world will end.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
You'd rather Mr backward and side-wards passer, Young every time Shaw is injured then? Seriously? Or have I been tricked and you are actually Ashley Young himself? Hope you recorded this match as I will suggest watching it back when you're sober :houllier:
I'd rather neither started but someone has to and yes, i'd prefer Young to start over Rojo. You seem to have a short memory, do you not remember how awful Rojo has been at LB in the vast majority of his performances there? I suppose you and many on here are easily impressed after a mediocre performance against a nothing team. His decision making is torrid. Dalot was much better than him.

izec

He was pretty solid. Some passing wasnt great, but that is expected when you play risky. Of course his trademark shooting as well, but he had some decisive passing and crossing tonight. For a CB playing LB, he created some good chances tonight, more than you would expect from our fullbacks in general the past few years

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
I met this guy twice in my life. Once he walked out of Old Trafford wearing diamonds on his sneakers, ripped jeans and a jacket over his shoulders.

Did not even look at the fans. This was after disastrous Seville CL game 2 seasons ago. The guy was not even on the bench.

I then met him at a corporate thing and he was on his phone all the time and could not care a flying F**k.

All that aside. He was excellent tonight. I'd like to see more of him play like that tbh

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Young tends to be fairly decent when played on the left. It's when he's on the right that he's normally quite poor.

beer&grill

I'd rather neither started but someone has to and yes, i'd prefer Young to start over Rojo. You seem to have a short memory, do you not remember how awful Rojo has been at LB in the vast majority of his performances there? I suppose you and many on here are easily impressed after a mediocre performance against a nothing team. His decision making is torrid. Dalot was much better than him.
Having a full back on the other side that contributes next to nothing in attack in AWB(great defensively though) I’d rather have someone like Rojo who actually contributes going forward instead of Luke Shaw which is as static as the Old Trafford chairs and his favourite weapon is stopping and passing backwards.

Bwuk

Love watching Rojo play.

He’s not the best but always does something funny. The rabona attempt was ridiculous!

Status
Not open for further replies.