Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Utd 3:1 Brighton

Tony Clifton

Think he needs a beard. A beard would add more to his badassness.
Not sure about that.

But. Should he get one, only a devil style goatee + 'stache would do. Something like this, including the sideburns:

Which would expand the alternative insight I provided previously in this thread, about Rojo at United:
I love our crazy argie.

Also hilarious that his full name is actually Faustino Marcos Alberto Rojo, considering the connotations of the bolded name in particular, along with the context of playing for the red devils, whilst his surname translates directly to red in Spanish and his playing style is outrageous and mad. Nothing new, but all the pieces fit together makes it quite funny.

The erudite Faust is highly successful yet dissatisfied with his life, which leads him to make a pact with the Devil, exchanging his soul for unlimited knowledge and worldly pleasures. The Faust legend has been the basis for many literary, artistic, cinematic, and musical works that have reinterpreted it through the ages. "Faust" and the adjective "Faustian" imply a situation in which an ambitious person surrenders moral integrity in order to achieve power and success for a delimited term.
For those confused about what I'm referring to, it's the story of Faust: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faust

Sounds like our boy Marcos.

Let us wait and see.

dev1l

I think Rojo and Williams would make a hot headed combo on the left side of the defence. :)

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Combined with Lindelof's poor form he's earned a start in the next PL game for me.
I tend to agree, but he is still very suspect defensively against better teams. He has had good performances when the team has been on form so maybe you are right, if it works it can be solid as his attributes certainly make for a rougher CB than Lindelof. At the moment, I think I prefer Lindelof, while he is very uninspiring you can count on him doing ok, his consistency is good it's just not a very high level at anything but he does a job. You put Rojo in there, I feel anything can happen, certainly is more risky. But sure, lets try again with him.

Devil may care

I tend to agree, but he is still very suspect defensively against better teams. He has had good performances when the team has been on form so maybe you are right, if it works it can be solid as his attributes certainly make for a rougher CB than Lindelof. At the moment, I think I prefer Lindelof, while he is very uninspiring you can count on him doing ok, his consistency is good it's just not a very high level at anything but he does a job. You put Rojo in there, I feel anything can happen, certainly is more risky. But sure, lets try again with him.
Rojo is definitely a bit bonkers yet despite the fact we've tried to sell him 3 or 4 times he still always gives it his all when he plays, and I feel he compliments Maguire more than Lindelof does, and as you say adds that rougher edge to us in defense, the flipside is his discipline is not great and he's a potential red card every time out. Long term I fully believe Axel will be Maguire's partner, but while he's out I'd take the risk and give Rojo the spot.

Full bodied red

According to the MEN, he has pulled out of the Argentina squad and stayed in Manchester for treatment this week.

Hasn't gone to Dubai either with the others not involved in internationals.

I might be wrong, but even with our shite ability to avoid or to manage injuries, is this an absolute record seeing he was on the pitch for just a couple of minutes of Added Time yesterday ??

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Love the crazy fecker. He's another one of those players who was finding themselves under Ole before he got injured. I think if we persevered with him and gave him a run of games like we did with Fred, he'd do alright.

I also think that next to Wan-Bissaka, Bailly would be pretty cool too.

reddevil80

What you guys think of Rojo and Maguire combo?
Yup, good idea to me. Wanted to see this for a while. Not 100% taken on Lindelof as I don't know of many defenders who won't head the ball. Rojo has been an unsung hero for me.

Foxbatt

He is very entertaining too. With a calming influence like Maguire he would probably do well. I like the fact he is fairly quick and not afraid to put his body on the line. He is a good header too and likes to join the attack. He is always dangerous on corners too.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I'm in stitches looking at his obese twin next to him on the bench
Come on now, he is just fat, in a cute way. It has to be his brother surely? If not that is incredible.

Andrew Richmond

Is seem’s crazy given our injury situation Rojo is enjoying an extended holiday in his home country. Is he even injured, the whole situation is somewhat bizarre even if he was injured sometime back (two months ago). Regardless of whether we want to sell him or not, he should be at the club training at the very least and if fit then an option for a game or two.

The No.10!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As per others, Marcos Rojo on loan to Estudiantes looks as though it will happen. Expecting Bruno Fernandes to fly into Manchester today.</p>&mdash; Simon Stone (@sistoney67) <a href="">January 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Look on his way out!

Raw

Good luck to him. Not that arsed since we're already quite stacked in CB anyway. Hopefully he excels so we can sell him.

SteveTheRed

Seems odd to go now? Might as well wait until the summer considering Smalling won't be coming back until then.

Edy2

Game lad but ultimately not good enough. I remember when him and Jones struck up a good partnership under LVG I think it was and they were great together (Rojones). Then one of them got injured and he's never reached those heights since. Good luck to him.

Kag

Maguire, Lindelof and Tuanzebe are all ahead of him in the pecking order. Then you’ve got Bailly and Jones, too, who despite (quite rightly, at times) coming in for all sorts of stick, are good enough to be fourth and fifth choice central defenders. Too good, in all honesty.

Rojo is a waste of wages and yet another we’d do well to get shot of.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If it’s one of those loans where we basically give them away whilst paying 90% of their wages then we might as well keep him.

If not, makes sense. Either way, thanks and goodbye you absolute head case.

soapythecat

This bloke loves being a United player. Such a shame his injuries didn’t allow him to settle in the first team.
You have to question our scouting system when you look back on his time here. Was he ever really good enough? Was he as injury prone previously?
Good luck to him.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
This bloke loves being a United player. Such a shame his injuries didn’t allow him to settle in the first team.
You have to question our scouting system when you look back on his time here. Was he ever really good enough? Was he as injury prone previously?
Good luck to him.
LvG wanted a left footed defender. That was the only criteria I think.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Maguire, Lindelof and Tuanzebe are all ahead of him in the pecking order. Then you’ve got Bailly and Jones, too, who despite (quite rightly, at times) coming in for all sorts of stick, are good enough to be fourth and fifth choice central defenders. Too good, in all honesty.

Rojo is a waste of wages and yet another we’d do well to get shot of.
3 of those can't be trusted to stay fit. We need a new CB for sure.

SAFMUTD

If he goes on loan to estudiantes it means he will have to cover most of his wages, there’s no way an argentinian team has the money nor are willing to pay even half of his wages, he’s another deadwood player with exorbitant wages we should just let his contract run down and let him go.

Bondi77

Interesting to see what happens here for me purely to see if Ole knows what is going on at his club as he said yesterday Rojo is injured and is staying.
The comment regarding Sanchez was bizarre and I am surprised no one asked him where would he play him next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.