Marcos Rojo image 16

Marcos Rojo Argentina flag

2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Just feck off. I don’t say that about many players.

considering the Nani loan was part of the deal, it’s one of our most shocking transfers.

players like Lingard and Young leave and, whilst not necessarily good enough gave it everything. This man was a leach. Can’t blame him as we were throwing money at him - but he’s our Seth Johnson. Appalling waste of money.
This is harsh. He did his best whenever he played. He's not a good player but I will never accuse of not putting in efforts.

Where could you say he was a leach and didn’t give it everything?
We as a club gave him the contracts to sign and apparently he was joining Everton last season only we stopped it because they wouldn’t pay £25 million.
Blame that clown Woodward
This is harsh. He did his best whenever he played. He's not a good player but I will never accuse of not putting in efforts.
yes, it was harsh, and certainly the club has been at fault with keeping him around so long.

and leach was the wrong word. He’s been an astonishing waste of money though.

lex talionis

Nah, it was a normal back four. He came into the team at the end of October and then was first choice until mid April (so it was almost 6 months :eek: ). He started that run partnering Jones and then, once Jones inevitably got injured, Bailly came in for the final month or two. Rojo really should have been sent off twice for bad tackles but otherwise he was very good throughout that period. In fact just looking at the stats for the 17 league games that he started in the central defence we never lost a single match and only conceded 9 goals (never more than 1 goal in a game).

It lasted until the Europa quarter final when he and Zlatan both ruptured their cruciate ligament in the same game and were out for 8 months. Ever since then he's been devastated by injury and fairly poor form on the rare occasion he has played. It sucks and I do sometimes wonder whether he could have been a success if it weren't for that cruciate, but I guess he was fairly injury prone even before then.

Most of his time here has been a waste but I'll remember those 6 months fondly.
Thanks. This is a great example of how the mind can play tricks on you — in this case, me.

arthurka

LVG should learn to keep his mouth shut about Utd. 7 years on and we are still getting rid of the stench filled locker room he provided us with. Never liked the guy and us letting Sporting get Nani as a part of that deal makes it one of the worst ones LVG did and there are many terrible to pick from.

Enjoy your time at Boca.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He played a big part in our EL run in 16/17. He was decent under Mourinho that season.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I hate when posters come up with stupid statements like players has never been good enough, when they are simply out with injury. Being out with a serious injury counts as being shite? Maybe shite player to have because he´s not depandable, surely move him on when possible but let´s not discredit him for that.

Rojo looked like a top CB in that half season before he did his ACL. Longterm he´s not been success MAINLY due to injuries, if he and Jones stayed fit, they could be decent players for us, certainly at least on the level of say Wes Brown - didn´t happen let´s move on.

I hate when posters come up with stupid statements like players has never been good enough, when they are simply out with injury. Being out with a serious injury counts as being shite? Maybe shite player to have because he´s not depandable, surely move him on when possible but let´s not discredit him for that.

Rojo looked like a top CB in that half season before he did his ACL. Longterm he´s not been success MAINLY due to injuries, if he and Jones stayed fit, they could be decent players for us, certainly at least on the level of say Wes Brown - didn´t happen let´s move on.
he’s been injury prone, but not for 6 years!

more than enough games to see he was never good enough. But most importantly he was left footed, nothing else seemed to matter. Bloody LVG.

0le

Rojo and Jones, Rojo and Jones
Chugging along on the old Ragdoll
And Ed he steers their boat

We go to play
We have a look
With Rojo's bag
Jones' drawing book
The world drifts by the window frame
And Rojo and Jones we play our games

Finding stories everyday
And Ed he writes them down

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's still here! :lol:

(will probably be done today but still "funny")
It's honestly beyond belief he's been here so long :lol: we seriously need to take a look at our renewal policy, I'm still in disbelief we actually offered Fosu-Mensah a new contract.

MAME DIOUF 32

I've just read that he's done his medical with Boca and will be announced today, but I don't know if the source is reliable.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Was good for a brief period. Far too rash

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I like him. He ultimately wasn’t good enough but he clearly enjoyed his time here. Used to enjoy the #Rojo is Red tags. He also did some mad things on the pitch, from two footed challenges to 50 yard strikes and rabonas, never a dull moment! :lol:

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
he’s been injury prone, but not for 6 years!

more than enough games to see he was never good enough. But most importantly he was left footed, nothing else seemed to matter. Bloody LVG.
He wasn´t good enough for LB where he was deployed quite often but at CB he wasn´t worse than Jonny Evans/Wes Brown/Phil Jones who had some okay careers here. He literally spend half his time with us on a treatment table, so even for that reason it´s hard to get going for the player. The only run of games hae had at CB he looked one of the best at his position. It ended with him doing his ACL unfortunately. I am happy he´s moved on but some overreactions :houllier:

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He wasn´t good enough for LB where he was deployed quite often but at CB he wasn´t worse than Jonny Evans/Wes Brown/Phil Jones who had some okay careers here. He literally spend half his time with us on a treatment table, so even for that reason it´s hard to get going for the player. The only run of games hae had at CB he looked one of the best at his position - the EL run. It ended with him doing his ACL unfortunately. I am happy he´s moved on but some overreactions :houllier:

WakeAndBeek

I quite liked the guy, more so because it’s nice to have a bit of a mad bastard in the team than his contribution to the team in recent years:D

Bruno is a different kind of shithouse, more clever, sneaky, not the unfiltered entertainment of a Keane, Zlatan, Staam.

siw2007

Best of luck to him. Quite liked him when he first came to the club but has been out of favour for a long time since and it’s about time he left.

RUCK4444

Thanks for nothing ya crazy Cnut

Likeable but brought absolutely nothing to the table at any period during his stay here.

Just realised he’s one of the last from LVG’s atrocious (properly woeful) recruitment. Put us further back than Moyes that idiot.

Last edited:

El Zoido

Best of luck to him.

The most memorable thing about his time at United was when he did two red card-worthy challenges in consecutive games, and got away with both of them.

Red Royal

Crazy mad CB. Oh how I would have loved for one of his long shots to have hit the back of the net.

Good luck to him!

tomaldinho1

His partnership with Jones was at one point almost too good to be true, so it turned out. Forever our bare chested marauder.
No idea why some people seem to hate him so much, he was an ok transfer and cost very little..Mou phased him out and all Ole has had to do is let him sit in Buenos Aires, don't think he's caused that much bother

SAFMUTD

Still can't believe this guy was here for 7 years...7 freaking years of mediocrity.

SATA

Wasted 7 of his prime years here but made an absolute fortune out of United and now semi retiring back in Argentina

led_scholes

Rojo was good until 2017. A serious injury and manageric turmoil didn't help him. He is, or at least was, a good player. An Argentinian national with 60 caps is never a shit player.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Rojo was good until 2017. A serious injury and manageric turmoil didn't help him. He is, or at least was, a good player. An Argentinian national with 60 caps is never a shit player.
Shite injury record. Shite mentality. Shite discipline.

Don't get the love some have, he was a dreadful purchase symptomatic of the circus we were in the immediate post-Fergie years.

Oh and Argentina's defence is dreadful.

Status
Not open for further replies.