Squad Number: #16
Contract until: 30.06.2021
Contract option: Option for a further year
Date of last contract extension: Mar 16, 2018
Outfitter: Nike​

Last edited:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Weren't he and Bailly one of the best defensive duo's somewhere around 2017?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I remember him being pretty solid at centre back, just a liability at LB.

Still, the thought of him and Bailly as a pairing is fecking terrifying for all the wrong reasons.

BorisManUtd

Smalling is probably off to Roma so expect Rojo to stay for this season as it seems we won't sign a CB. He'd be ok option for lesser games I guess. Left-footed too :)

Zoo

Smalling is probably off to Roma so expect Rojo to stay for this season as it seems we won't sign a CB. He'd be ok option for lesser games I guess. Left-footed too :)
Perhaps if he can stay fit. It would mean we’d need to get another LB instead though.

drmuji

FFS.... Noooooooooooooooooo .... He is useless as Left Back and clueless as Centre Back. I don't remember which year was it but it was against a midland club. He was playing as centre back and he would was turned so many times that we were lucky that we only conceded two. Damn.... Still gives me nightmares

PitTon

There was time when we had him and Jones as our cb in a couple of games and they actually were solid together until Jones hit by injury again. I know he's got his weaknesses but I like player who love football and play with passion and commitment everytime hes on the pitch.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
I quite like the idea of him being back :nervous: I don’t mind him at CB. He’s my kind of player.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

Like a new signing? :nervous:
Spin because we're not signing a centre back I reckon. Here are some big ifs but if Bailly and Tuanzebe can get fit and stay fit it won't matter either way what Rojo is doing, if we end up relying on him I think we'll be in trouble.

led_scholes

I like him as a backup. The problem is that he is a bit injury prone, so I m not sure if we should go with 4 injury prone.
Best scenario we buy a new cb and sell 2 or 3 of our backups.
2nd best scenario, we keep smalling as the 3rd cb and sell Jones.
Likely scenario, we buy noone and we pray that Rojo and Bailly improve and keep injury free.

crossy1686

career ending
Rojo's a likeable character but you can't help but feel he's got a red card in him every game which makes him a liability. On top of that he insists on having at least one pot shot from 40 yards every game he plays. I think he'll only stay if we can't get another LB in to push Shaw.

Icemav

I like him as a backup. The problem is that he is a bit injury prone, so I m not sure if we should go with 4 injury prone.
Best scenario we buy a new cb and sell 2 or 3 of our backups.
2nd best scenario, we keep smalling as the 3rd cb and sell Jones.
Likely scenario, we buy noone and we pray that Rojo and Bailly improve and keep injury free.
Bailly looked wxcellent towards the end of the season, especially his passing thru the lines. Very impressed personally. If he keeps that up then we should get very good service from him next season. Rojo on the other hand I have no idea about.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Rojo's a likeable character but you can't help but feel he's got a red card in him every game which makes him a liability. On top of that he insists on having at least one pot shot from 40 yards every game he plays. I think he'll only stay if we can't get another LB in to push Shaw.
Has he ever been sent off playing for Man. United. I remember he did two footed lunges within a month in two games years ago and don't think he got booked in either. :lol:

Web of Bissaka

Has he ever been sent off playing for Man. United. I remember he did two footed lunges within a month in two games years ago and don't think he got booked in either. :lol:
:lol: Never.

His dark arts of football is really good. Refs and linesmen tend to trust him which is just odd. He's so good at feigning innocence and getting on the good side of officials.

klayton88

I'm happy there isn't that much hate in the thread to the news of ole liking his training dedication. I like Rojo, he's a passionate mad bastard and I like that.
And that's enough to play for Manchester United in your book?

Morpheus 7

Can't believe he's still hanging around, just won't flush. Car crash of a player with poor discipline off the pitch, unprofessional too. Rojo is a reminder of mistakes we have made post Fergie. Too much money, not good enough and baffling contract extensions.

Shimo

I like Rojo for us because he has that bite to him but, as a player, if he is brought back into the fold because he did some extra training sessions now, then will lose a lot of faith in Ole. For all the lip service he gives to being solid at the back, if Rojo is that to him, then no words. He's had odd games of quality at CB but, you can't count on him for a season, consistency or staying injury free wise. Him and Jones have got to be moved on, even if it's for a loss - get them off the books and either get another young CB in or keep Smalling to fight it out with Lindelof until we get a top CB starter to partner with Maguire.

Nickelodeon

I'd rather we keep our lot than buy another half decent CB. For CB, if we have to buy, we should go big or not go at all. Everyone of our CBs including Jones and Rojo have had runs in the team where they could justify a back up position. Its not ideal but I'd rather we spend to improve FB and the attack and we try and pick a bargain like Upamecano next year.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The scenes when he starts against Brighton while Smalling goes to Roma for £9m. :)

matsdf

Was our best defender one year under Louis, but other than that he's been suspect, at best. Don't really mind him in the squad, although I believe the recent rumours to bee highly exaggerated.

I don't mind him here as long as he's happy being 4th or 5th choice CB. He's a decent backup and better than the likes of Jones.

flappyjay

I'd rather we keep our lot than buy another half decent CB. For CB, if we have to buy, we should go big or not go at all. Everyone of our CBs including Jones and Rojo have had runs in the team where they could justify a back up position. Its not ideal but I'd rather we spend to improve FB and the attack and we try and pick a bargain like Upamecano next year.
That’s my thinking too but the consensus seems to be a new shiny cb no matter if his ability is better than what we have. Sometimes it's better to wait for the right one.

Leonzo1

Really don't mind him staying. Infact I don't really think we need another CB unless it's a top top option like upamecano. Maguire is class, Lindelof and Bailly are also good options. Then we have Rojo and Tuanzebe with Mengi also coming through. Smalling will leave because he doesn't want to be a bench warmer. The only one we should urgently ship out is Jones.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He will leave near the end of the window. Probably on loan.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Rojo had a great period of about four months. The first two months were with Jones, then Jones got injured and the latter two months were with Bailly. Both combinations actually worked very well. Then Rojo did his cruciate in the last month of the season.

Was our best defender one year under Louis, but other than that he's been suspect, at best. Don't really mind him in the squad, although I believe the recent rumours to bee highly exaggerated.
It was 16/17, Mourinho's first season.

kundalini

When playing as a central defender for United in the PL, we conceded 37 goals in approximately 41 starts with Rojo on the pitch. Rojo scored 1 goal. (Compared to Maguire 47 goals conceded in 41 PL starts, scored 1 goal, also 1 assist)

13 goals conceded in approximately 13 PL games when played as a CB during his first season under LVG

1 goal in 1 game (although the goal against came during a sub appearance, rather than his one start) in his second season under LVG

11 goals conceded in 17 games during Mourinho's first season

7 goals conceded in 8 games during Mourinho's second season

4 goals conceded in 1 start (2 of those goals conceded during sub appearances)

1 goal conceded in 1 start

Clearly, injuries have been Rojo's major issue, as well as being rubbish as a left-back.

Last edited:

Foxbatt

He is decent as a CB. He is fairly quick and can shoot and head too.

Status
Not open for further replies.