Marcos Rojo image 16

Marcos Rojo Argentina flag

2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Injuries have been a problem for him. As has being an unhinged two-footing lunatic. If he can get over his injuries and his need to absolutely twat anyone who comes near him, he'll be like a new signing.

dev1l

Injuries have been a problem for him. As has being an unhinged two-footing lunatic. If he can get over his injuries and his need to absolutely twat anyone who comes near him, he'll be like a new signing.
Rojo like Bailly and Jones technique when trying to defend the ball make them more susceptible to getting injuries.
Fans love them when they re playing because of their courage but much less appreciated when they re out injured

Kostov

The forgotten man, feck we must have a dozen of them :lol:

Phil Jones and this guy still on the payroll. Do Woodward's calculation about Sancho's cost take into consideration how much we waste on wages on those two in comparation?

dev1l

The forgotten man, feck we must have a dozen of them :lol:

Phil Jones and this guy still on the payroll. Do Woodward's calculation about Sancho's cost take into consideration how much we waste on wages on those two in comparation?
According to Castles, Rojo s agent wanted that we pay him out the rest of the contract and let him leave for free. He is contracted to the end of this season

Jones situation is more complex. He still has 2 years left on his contract. He needs an op. That s why the lack of interest. Reports in the media suggested that we tried to avoid the op and transfer him, but didn't manage to.

Foxbatt

Rojo does not switch off like Bailly. To me he is a much football player. He has a good long range shot too. Likes to join the attack. Would have been a good option if not injured. Unlike Jones he is not known to be so injury prone before.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Rojo does not switch off like Bailly. To me he is a much football player. He has a good long range shot too. Likes to join the attack. Would have been a good option if not injured. Unlike Jones he is not known to be so injury prone before.
He most certainly does not have a good long range shot. Rifling 40 yarders over the net several times a game doesn’t qualify as being good. It’s just a waste of possession. Has he ever scored from one? Has he even come close to scoring from one?

I’d rather have a centre back who can do the basics of defending, and don’t care whether they have a good long range shot.

He’s been injury prone throughout his United career, just even worse in the last 3 years.

K Stand Knut

Isn’t this a waste of a thread?

I’d be surprised if he plays a single minute in a United shirt this season barring a catastrophic injury hit list!

And, just a imagine the day when United have no defenders because they’re all injured but Rojo is fit to step up

Isn’t this a waste of a thread?

I’d be surprised if he plays a single minute in a United shirt this season barring a catastrophic injury hit list!

And, just a imagine the day when United have no defenders because they’re all injured but Rojo is fit to step up
I hope so. He has no future at the club. If it wasn’t for Covid, we might have had a chance to move him on.

I wonder whether he will even be training with the squad? I’m not a fan of someone “rotting in the reserves”, and ultimately there’s a limit on the CL numbers, so he can have no complaints.

K Stand Knut

I hope so. He has no future at the club. If it wasn’t for Covid, we might have had a chance to move him on.

I wonder whether he will even be training with the squad? I’m not a fan of someone “rotting in the reserves”, and ultimately there’s a limit on the CL numbers, so he can have no complaints.
he won’t ‘rot in the reserves’ because technically they don’t exist anymore. It’s the u23s with an allowance for older players to play but there is no way that he’ll appear for them with Mengi and the like pushing for game time

he won’t ‘rot in the reserves’ because technically they don’t exist anymore. It’s the u23s with an allowance for older players to play but there is no way that he’ll appear for them with Mengi and the like pushing for game time
Hence my speech marks. “Rot in the U23’s and some older players” Is not quite as pithy.

It’s whether he will actually train with the first team or not?

Based Adnan

He most certainly does not have a good long range shot. Rifling 40 yarders over the net several times a game doesn’t qualify as being good. It’s just a waste of possession. Has he ever scored from one? Has he even come close to scoring from one?
I think there's been a few times where he's hit the post for us or forced a save but yeah, wouldn't consider him having a good long range shot. Most end up in row Z.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Tbh, i always had soft spot for him. He is not that bad like people describe him and he always played with heart for this team. But injuries fecked him.

dev1l

Wonderful. Just let his contract run out or loan him out in Jan and save on his salary.
His agent wants us to pay out his remaining contract and let him leave now :)

Foxbatt

I’d rather have a centre back who can do the basics of defending, and don’t care whether they have a good long range shot.

He’s been injury prone throughout his United career, just even worse in the last 3 years.
Yes has been injury prone of late but you do not get to play in a WC Final if you are a shite player.

Yes has been injury prone of late but you do not get to play in a WC Final if you are a shite player.
Don’t mistake playing in a World Cup final as meaning you are a good player. In the whole scheme of things, all international players are good, I get that.

But It’s not hard to find lots of players who have been in World Cup finals who aren’t good enough. Romero being one, I assume he played in the final? Not as bad as player as Rojo mind.

Last edited:

Mailo

I feel like we haven't seen this guy in years. Just get rid of him. Always a tackle away from a red card. Always a breath away from a brain hemorrhage.

Devil81

I don't know what his fitness levels are but the season we won the Europa he was playing well.

Certainly doesn't deserve writing off against the current crop of centre backs we have.

UncleBob

The trio would definitely be up for sale again in Jan. We really need to cut the clutter before adding any more to the squad
Sale :lol:

If anything we'll be lucky to sod them off on a free transfer and escape their wages for the remaining part of the season

Foxbatt

Since Bailly is injured now and Jones is out too, is the now the back up CB?

ti vu

Since Bailly is injured now and Jones is out too, is the now the back up CB?
No if he is not registered in PL. As thing stands, Rojo Jones and Romero had been omitted from the CL squad (need 3 space). For PL, we're 2 players over the limit.

Last edited:

jeepers

People will always remember what they want to remember, and say things that suit their agenda.

His bottom has never been as bad as Maguire recently hit with the Spurs game.

Rojo also cost 16 mill, which is 64 mill less than Maguire, and half what we paid for Lindelof and Bailly. IMHO, he’s better on the ball than Maguire with his passing between the lines, and more proactive (aggressive) than Lindelof.

A better player than most people on here would like to admit, but ultimately not good enough for us considering how spoilt we are with the defenders who have come through our club over the years.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Wasn't the issue with him that he wasn't fit, not that he wasn't a decent squad option?
Pretty much. He was terrible at leftback, but when played in the centre he was normally quite good. Rarely seemed to have the horror shows that Jones and Bailly quite often have. Well, except for the stupid red card challenges that somehow he wasn't given a red card for.

He was our best defender in Mourinho's first season (albeit all our defenders were constantly getting injured that season, even more than normal). Shame that he did his ACL at the end of that season and he's never managed to put a run of games together again since.

Status
Not open for further replies.