Marcos Rojo has joined Boca Juniors

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I have always liked him (Our matches with him were never boring) and he could have been a decent player for us without so many injuries but he should have left the club 2-3 years ago.

Last edited:

Gopher Brown

Basically wasted 3 years of his career while we wasted millions in paying him to do feckall.
I dunno. I’d love to be paid to do nothing, seems a pretty sweet ‘waste’ for an 80s footballer playing in the wrong era.

This club is stupid though - asking £25m apparently last summer (Although I find that hard to believe) and then let him go on a free 6mts later.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
7 Seasons! Jesus. Was at the club for longer than Cantona

JMack1234

I always had a soft spot for Rojo.

He mad every game an event. He'd either nearly get sent off, try and score a worldie or turn into Maldini for 90 minutes and I wish him the best of luck.

Obviously it's good that we've moved him on, Ole is doing a fantastic job getting rid of the dead wood.

Neo_Mufc

Whoever kept him on the books that long ought to be sacked.

Ta ra.

Good luck to him. He had some good games for us and nobody could ever say he didn't give his all on the pitch.

GMoore23

I actually liked him as a lcb if he could've stayed fit. Had no fear on the pitch. Remember him bossing Diego Costa a few seasons back.

Watch him go play 40 games a season now over the next couple of years.

Good luck you crazy bastard. :)

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Nothing more certain than a Rojo two-footer. Probably the most one footed player I've ever seen. He'll Rabona a clearance before sticking a right foot through it.

Pure entertainment.

Acole9

Outstanding
Should've left a few years ago. Anyway all the best Marcos.

Oranges038

Finally. Was a total utter waste of money, a liability both on and off the field.

Eternitiy

I liked van Gaal, but his transfer strategy was baffling at times. The insistence of a left-footed centre-back, very bizarre. The club would have fared better throughout the years by keeping Evans rather than signing Rojo. The same could be said for a quite a few of van Gaal's arrivals/departures.

Dan_F

Still can’t believe we gave him a new contract to protect his value. I’m assuming he’s gone on a free anyway. Is it normal in other companies ,outside of football, that someone can make a decision costing their company millions upon millions and keeps their job?

Hip Hop

A world cup finalist, not many players can match that. Good luck.

city-puma

He and Jones formed a superb CB pairs to carry the team for 7 or 8 games (maybe not that many, I couldn’t remember exactly) when every other CB was sidelined. But both were injured after that period and lost forever...
Good luck and goodbye. Enjoy the new chapter of the life!

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Didn't realise he was still on our books.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Never amazing but loved a few of his crazy moves, especially when he should have been sent off on multiple occasions in certain games :lol:.

Should have left earlier but of course our awful transfer management would not allow that.

::sonny::

Basically wasted 3 years of his career while we wasted millions in paying him to do feckall.
Same with Jones, Romero, Bailly, Lingard and many others

Millions over millions wasted for contract extension on unsellable players, where you have to pay to get rid of them

I’m sure that one day some leak will come out, and we’ll know real truth, like happened in the Messi‘s deal

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
He never got a red card for us? Just seen that somewhere, that's gotta be wrong?

Loved the guy, always gave it his all. Wasn't a bad CB all in all either.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I actually liked him as a lcb if he could've stayed fit. Had no fear on the pitch. Remember him bossing Diego Costa a few seasons back.

Watch him go play 40 games a season now over the next couple of years.

Good luck you crazy bastard. :)
My favourite Floyd B-side.

Glad to see him go, it needed to happen. Best of luck Rojo.