Marcos Rojo has joined Boca Juniors

Teja

I liked van Gaal, but his transfer strategy was baffling at times. The insistence of a left-footed centre-back, very bizarre. The club would have fared better throughout the years by keeping Evans rather than signing Rojo. The same could be said for a quite a few of van Gaal's arrivals/departures.
It is actually pretty amazing how consistent Evans has been since he left. He was injured quite a bit when he was with us, almost the same bucket as Phil Jones.

Pocho

Hope he perform as he did at Utd these last months

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
It is actually pretty amazing how consistent Evans has been since he left. He was injured quite a bit when he was with us, almost the same bucket as Phil Jones.
Truth is that Jonny couldn't hack it a top, top club like United. He went elsewhere and did very well once the immense pressure of being at United was removed.

Teja

Truth is that Jonny couldn't hack it a top, top club like United. He went elsewhere and did very well once the immense pressure of being at United was removed.
True but the bit about the injuries is still surprising. I watch him play for Leicester occasionally and he does stuff there that would get him roasted if he was a Utd CB. Need a special sort of mentality to be able to deal with that amount of media attention / microscopic analysis.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Can't fault his effort while on the pitch, best of luck to him. Lots of heart and some free karate kicks.

siw2007

Best of luck to him, I quite liked him towards the beginning of his career here, was a good centre half (outside of the mad tackles), possibly the worst left back Ive ever seen play for the club. He's been out of favour for a long time and due to wages it's been hard to offload until this point, kind of wished we took the offer from Everton while we had the chance.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I'm oddly very happy about this. The guy has been dead weight for several seasons now. Good luck to him but a long overdue departure.

Ole's done a great job moving on the players who are not good enough for this club.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Rojo had almost six months of staying fit in 16/17 where he was our first choice central defender and looked very good. First partnering Jones, then Bailly came in once Jones inevitably got injured. Of course Rojo should have been sent off twice during that period, but otherwise he was very good. :lol:

Unfortunately he did his cruciate to end that run and he never looked the same again. Barely played because of injuries, and when he did play he wasn't particularly good. But I'll always remember him fondly for those 5-6 months.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Glad he got that big club move. Adios, senor Rojo.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
To some of you in here, give him a break. It is the risk of giving any player a contract. They might see out the contract! It’s the risk any club/employer takes. Could have done lot better admittedly but he was not a bad player at all. Like many in here, I liked him. He’s a bit crazy at times but he’s brave and that’s important for any defenders. In a better team, he may have fared better.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Another terrible Van Gaal signing leaves. One of the worst of the lot.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
He still could've been quite good at some mid table teams, surprised he went back.

Bwuk

He still could've been quite good at some mid table teams, surprised he went back.
Probably wanted to move back. Hasn’t he been living out in Argentina for a while now?

Djemba-Djemba

Shite player that should have gone years and years ago. Well we shouldn't have ever bought him in the first place but you know what I mean.

Had one good 3 or 4 month period here in the 16/17 season, other than that he was injured or rubbish. Or both.

How he managed to stay here for close to 7 years is embarrassing. Ole is slowly but surely getting rid of the deadwood.

cyril C

Double mistakes rectified. Not suitable as CB so should never have been signed beside Blind, should never have been renewed. Hope he does well back at home, see u in WC.

ti vu

Another terrible Van Gaal signing leaves. One of the worst of the lot.
TBF, he played a crucial role in Mourinho first season before his injury. He had his use. The issue is Ed and co decision to renew his contract blocking his move, despite the coaching staff, and him himself had decided his time is up. They are doing exact same thing even now. Jones baffling renewal is the testimony. TFM was also offered new contract, which he declined. Despite not having a DoF, we seem to have 2 management groups for our transfer/ contract management.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Best of luck to him. Ultimately one of those players that looked promising for us briefly before injuries disrupted his time here and he dropped right off. I'm surprised we held on to him as long as we eventually did.

ReallyUSA

I just wanted a 10 game run with Bailly to see how much feckery they could've caused.

Pocho

First practice and he has to leave because he is injured. Out for 15/30 days. Hahahahhababaa

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It was truly surreal to see a Spartak Moscow flop signing for Manchester United :lol: Sadly, he didn’t prove his doubters wrong. All the best though, at least he gave everything he had every time that he stepped on the pitch.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Another one of our failed CB projects is gone. Shame to see it end like this but he had tons of chances.
Good luck to him.

Bobski

Played maybe 30 decent games in 7 year. Awful transfer.