Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
But Stuart Pearce this week was saying he was never on their radar was that Article made up??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03qmlkq
Pearce is a clown and was sacked for losing every game at his last Euros because he insisted on calling up shite like Delfouneso, Sordell, and Wickham. After he was sacked Kane was immediately called up and scored 8 in 14 apps.

Sylar

Imagine if Martial didnt get injured against Midgetland. I dont think we would have even seen this guy start a game this season (his minutes would defo be much less than he has now).

Also boggles the mind he was taken off against Spurs last week, at 0-0. At half time.. for Ashley Young who went up top...

This guy is brilliant to watch live. His movement is fantastic. Raw but so exciting.

Djemba-Djemba

It's all the more impressive when you take into account that he's playing for a team that create feck all during most games. He gets at most 2 chances a game, he's had to be incredibly clinical.

Spock

The football gods appear to be done with their wrath against us. These kids -- Rashford, Borthwick-Jackson and Fosu-Mensah -- have been brilliant.

LouisDanGaal

It is actually quite astonishing to think of how far down he was in the pecking order, how many injuries he needed to get in, his lack of first team or even under 21s experience, coming into a barely functioning team with no momentum, to achieve what he has, its crazy. More importantly he is improving, especially in this last week, I thought his performance against west ham was his best overall but he topped that today, I was texting a friend raving about him a couple of minutes before he bagged, his overall play is really coming on leaps and bounds. Really hoping he doesn't get picked for the euros, gets his head down and keeps training then goes on the preseason tour firing on all cylinders and getting himself in the squad for next year. At this point in the worst case there would be a lot of premier league teams willing to take him on loan and give him minutes which is shocking considering a few months ago nobody including on this forum of united fans was talking about him.

WhoDaGOAT

He should have scored at least another goal yesterday. The chance Mata created for him was easier than his goal.

His movement and ability to run the channels are really impressive.

Treble

With Rashford in the team we have won 5 out of 7 PL games, i.e., we averaged 2,1 ppg.

Had we been that good over the course of the season, we'd be on 70 points now, very close to Leicester.

Amaizing impact from the lad.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
At 18 where was Kane or Little Pea? This guy is 18 and is playing well and scoring the very few chances coming his way. At Arsenal he might have twice as many chances every game. Here its scraps right now and his shot conversion rate is very impressive. He could be a flash in the pan unlike Little Pea but jesus for his tender age he's about as impressive as its possible to be in this team!
Age is irrelevant in this context. My points and original discussion with develish was about how Rashford is not already better than Hernandez.

He's played 12 games and a couple of posters getting carried away.

DrunkenBeaver

12 games is a very limited snapshot, as promising as it looks.

What I like is now there's almost an expectation for him to score and do well. I think that's healthy compared to the state of some other prospects we've had over the years who get balls-deep into their 20s and the level of expectation remains "if he didn't fall over he had a good game"

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Age is irrelevant in this context. My points and original discussion with develish was about how Rashford is not already better than Hernandez.

He's played 12 games and a couple of posters getting carried away.
To be fair while he's perhaps not better than Hernandez overall, he's certainly better in this Utd team. Hernandez in my opinion was an incredibly infuriating player because he was simply brilliant in and around the box but the rest of his game left a lot to be desired. I think Rashfords hold up play is already better or at least on par, although I do still see this as an area he needs to improve upon but that should come as he physically develops. Rashford also seems to me to have more blistering pace, al be it that Hernandez was no slouch but he very rarely committed players through pace and dribbling in the way Rashford has done. In the box Rashford has a way to go to catch Hernandez, he's shown glimpses of great movement I.e his villa goal but Hernandez has consistently been one of the best for in the box strikers for awhile now.

I certainly believe that Rashford has more tools in his pocket to become a better player than Hernandez who despite being a great goalscorer is an otherwise very limited player. But of course it remains to be seen how well Rashford physically matures and whether he can maintain and build on a decent technical game.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
To be fair while he's perhaps not better than Hernandez overall, he's certainly better in this Utd team. Hernandez in my opinion was an incredibly infuriating player because he was simply brilliant in and around the box but the rest of his game left a lot to be desired. I think Rashfords hold up play is already better or at least on par, although I do still see this as an area he needs to improve upon but that should come as he physically develops. Rashford also seems to me to have more blistering pace, al be it that Hernandez was no slouch but he very rarely committed players through pace and dribbling in the way Rashford has done. In the box Rashford has a way to go to catch Hernandez, he's shown glimpses of great movement I.e his villa goal but Hernandez has consistently been one of the best for in the box strikers for awhile now.

I certainly believe that Rashford has more tools in his pocket to become a better player than Hernandez who despite being a great goalscorer is an otherwise very limited player. But of course it remains to be seen how well Rashford physically matures and whether he can maintain and build on a decent technical game.
I haven't seen "blistering pace" in Rashford. I've seen pace, yes. He has the smartness to turn from a stationary position so as to trick the defenders standing flat on their feet. I'l give him that as a great asset but I'm not buying into the buildup point just yet.

Hernandez wasn't constantly losing posession for us and he was constantly playing a bit part role which didn't help. I've seen Rashford make the wrong decision a couple times outside the box, agreed he's raw and also agreed that he will grow in that department. I just don't see him growing by much - total gut insinct before anyone shoots the opinion. I'm more harsh on expectations from youth, I didn't think Zaha or Januzaj would amount to much even when I saw them at their peaks. Rashford is different in that he'l at the very least be a useful goalscorer.. but I cant help but question if he'l be any more than that.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I haven't seen "blistering pace" in Rashford. I've seen pace, yes. He has the smartness to turn from a stationary position so as to trick the defenders standing flat on their feet. I'l give him that as a great asset but I'm not buying into the buildup point just yet.

Hernandez wasn't constantly losing posession for us and he was constantly playing a bit part role which didn't help. I've seen Rashford make the wrong decision a couple times outside the box, agreed he's raw and also agreed that he will grow in that department. I just don't see him growing by much - total gut insinct before anyone shoots the opinion. I'm more harsh on expectations from youth, I didn't think Zaha or Januzaj would amount to much even when I saw them at their peaks. Rashford is different in that he'l at the very least be a useful goalscorer.. but I cant help but question if he'l be any more than that.
He matched Bellerin, was catching Koscienly and has left many other defenders dead on their feet. If that's not blistering pace I am not sure what else is? He is clearly very quick.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He matched Bellerin, was catching Koscienly and has left many other defenders dead on their feet. If that's not blistering pace I am not sure what else is? He is clearly very quick.
He's not as fast as Bellerein, even if you cite a one off example where he circumstantially matched him (I don't recall this but will take your word for it). If he was that fast, we'd see a many more examples of it in the games he features in. Konscienly means little, most pacy players can catch him, that doesn't make their pace 'blistering'.

Adam-Utd

He's not as fast as Bellerein, even if you cite a one off example where he circumstantially matched him (I don't recall this but will take your word for it). If he was that fast, we'd see a many more examples of it in the games he features in. Konscienly means little, most pacy players can catch him, that doesn't make their pace 'blistering'.
You're probably somebody who thought Luke Shaw was slow too. The kid is very quick, but because he's working in tight areas all the time he only gets to show it over 10-15 yards. Rewatch the Arsenal highlights and you'll see. There was 1 part in the 2nd half when he raced Bellerin down the line and they were neck and neck.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You're probably somebody who thought Luke Shaw was slow too. The kid is very quick, but because he's working in tight areas all the time he only gets to show it over 10-15 yards. Rewatch the Arsenal highlights and you'll see. There was 1 part in the 2nd half when he raced Bellerin down the line and they were neck and neck.
I never thought Luke Shaw was slow, and I don't think Rashford is either. Maybe I'm nit picking but its I disagree Rashford has "blistering pace".

The pace discussion I'm holding kicked off when I said Rashford's pace doesnt look to be much greater than Hernandez.

I'l rewatch the highlights, but surely you're not saying Rashford and Bellerein are on the same level of speed in general.

CG1010

Hernandez's blistering pace was anyway usually of no use because of his inability to dribble at pace.

Adam-Utd

I never thought Luke Shaw was slow, and I don't think Rashford is either. Maybe I'm nit picking but its I disagree Rashford has "blistering pace".

The pace discussion I'm holding kicked off when I said Rashford's pace doesnt look to be much greater than Hernandez.

I'l rewatch the highlights, but surely you're not saying Rashford and Bellerein are on the same level of speed in general.

Watch this video from about 1.50

He nearly runs around the outside of koscielny with the ball, who is arguably 1 of the quickest cbs. Then after that races bellerin down the line and looks more than equal.

Maybe at 100m bellerin might have a better top end, but it wouldn't be much.

Mike09

There is no reason why England needs to pick Rashford. They already have so many options there. Leave him alone and don't rush him because he is still raw and developing. I rather see him focus more on our club first than country. Not even a 6 month ago he was still in our U18. So there is no need to rush him and push him by adding so many experience in less than 6 months. It's too much for the teenager just let him enjoy the break and be ready for next season.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Watch this video from about 1.50

He nearly runs around the outside of koscielny with the ball, who is arguably 1 of the quickest cbs. Then after that races bellerin down the line and looks more than equal.

Maybe at 100m bellerin might have a better top end, but it wouldn't be much.
Firstly, Konscienly isn't the measuring stick for being a speed merchant and secondly he didn't win vs him and ended up losing the ball.

As for Bellerein, that was hardly a race - he accelerate for a short burst and thats about it.

My point re. Rashford still stands - he's certainly pacy player but not "blistering"like some would suggest. He has roughly what you'd expect in an 18 year old striker, its not like he's Walcott/Bellerein coming onto the scene with commentators saying "watch out for his pace" before he even played any games.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Rooney is going to the Euros ahead of this kid...
Is it too early to have Rashford go as a bit of a wildcard ?.

edit: I dont want him to go the euros as a pre-season and a nice break will do the kid a world of good than sitting on the England bench watching them doomed to fail in the euros.

Adam-Utd

Firstly, Konscienly isn't the measuring stick for being a speed merchant and secondly he didn't win vs him and ended up losing the ball.

As for Bellerein, that was hardly a race - he accelerate for a short burst and thats about it.

My point re. Rashford still stands - he's certainly pacy player but not "blistering"like some would suggest. He has roughly what you'd expect in an 18 year old striker, its not like he's Walcott/Bellerein coming onto the scene with commentators saying "watch out for his pace" before he even played any games.
The commentators didn't have a clue who he was or what he could do, I guarantee half the united fans didn't either!

Ok well that's your opinion, koscielny is clearly 1 of the quickest cbs in the league, but if you can't see that then I'm not surprised you don't think rashford is fast either.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Is it too early to have Rashford go as a bit of a wildcard ?.

edit: I dont want him to go the euros as a pre-season and a nice break will do the kid a world of good than sitting on the England bench watching them doomed to fail in the euros.
Well if Hodgson was serious about picking players on form, realistically only Kane would be ahead pf Rashford right now, no? Not like that would happen though.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
I think we're all starting to see that there's more too him that speed and popping up at the right time to score, he's shown some real flair with his dribbling and passing.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
There's a few things I like. Scoring against City, Arsenal and in a big cup game against West Ham is a great habit to have. Even his goal/s in the Europa league were important ones. So he's not scoring meaningless goals here. He should have scored another against Villa but i'm almost glad he missed. All these things are character building. It's almost easy to take for granted what he's done so far. But can he go up another level? When we do starting firing properly, and more chances come his way - can he score even more goals? It's difficult to say how good he could be and if someone like Kane is Englands Golden boy - then Rashfords still in diapers.

I know he was rated in the youth levels but no one can deny the jump up has been impressive. I wonder what crazy price would be on his head, if he played for an Everton or Southampton...Our youth has great potential and i'm glad we've seen that this season. They have not disappointed.

RedDevil@84

He is not expected to score every week now. So he can relax and do his stuff. But if he makes it big (another good season), then the press will be all over him checking each goal and the expectations will soar high adding to the pressure.

Anyways early days. Let him enjoy the form.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's just getting better and better, I really didn't expect him to get this good this quickly.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Every week he keeps on impressing, brilliant awareness with the backheel and stepover tonight. If he doesn't go on and become the real deal I'll be really disappointed.

Devil may care

Class again, his movement and anticipation and awareness of his teammates is superb for such a young player, and his lay-offs are very good, there is much more to him than many initially thought IMO.

Norris

Loved that dummy for Lingard. :drool:

Still needs to work on his finishing though. And you can clearly see what being from the academy means to him. Him and Lingard just keep backing each other non-stop on and off the field. Lovely to see.

Robbie Boy

Extremely talented player. Still very raw but he has some great attributes and he seems to be constantly improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.