6.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GledTheRed

Not me pal. Now way. I am against us spending this much of our budget on Sanches or anyone. Plus I doubt we would be wanking off as he has about 7 league goals to his name
He's averaging 1 in 2 and has scored the winner at the Etihad, he's been absolutely brilliant!

Stacks

He's averaging 1 in 2 and has scored the winner at the Etihad, he's been absolutely brilliant!
sorry its 4 league goals. Yes he has started his professional career well but that's it. It has just started. imagine a world where every youngster who "starts" well gets £40 mill price tag? At the very least let him do a season or 2 like Lukaku

GledTheRed

sorry its 4 league goals. Yes he has started his professional career well but that's it. It has just started. imagine a world where every youngster who "starts" well gets £40 mill price tag? At the very least let him do a season or 2 like Lukaku
Lukaku's a donkey!

Perrick Dubois

That's so true :lol:
It isn't true at all because those people aren't to be taken seriously.
When was the last time we sent someone out on loan and benefited from it?
James Wilson?... Going on loan isn't just about doing well on the pitch, it encompasses a whole range of football development tools. In Rashford's case he's clearly shown he can be first choice at a club. (That is probably something Wilson was just behind in his development) It would be about how to establish himself at a club and learn to gain first team experience in a less harsh climate. A single or a couple of year long loans would really benefit him at this stage of his career. A promotion hopeful in the Championship maybe? Or a coup type loan for one of the newly promoted teams?

Trizy

Put him out on loan and bring back Wilson as backup. Rashford has a very bright future ahead of him, I wouldn't waste him on our bench when he could be getting full game time every week with another team.

GledTheRed

Put him out on loan and bring back Wilson as backup. Rashford has a very bright future ahead of him, I wouldn't waste him on our bench when he could be getting full game time every week with another team.
What the fcuk?!?

He plays for our first team and looks fcuking good, why would we loan him?

Mike09

So if the first team striker got injured we will rely on Wilson as our goal scorer. While Rashford is scoring for fun at his loan team, we are struggling and out from Champion League once again because we make a stupid decision. Is that what you want? :lol:

Spock

Why is this even a debate? Rashford should remain with the first team next season, coming off the bench and starting depending on the circumstances. Some matches he won't play at all. Some he'll play the full 90+.

Problem solved.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Ibra*, Martial, Rashford and Rooney.

Decent strikeforce next season.

*or Griezemann or Aubameyang (if you're a deluded muppet)

Brophs

The One and Only
"Okay. Lovely, Marcus. Now, for this next one, just make a face like you're trying to squeeze out a particularly stubborn fart and you sort of like it."

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Thank feck we have him. Imagine how shit we'd be feeling right now with Martial out. I'd have no hope for this team to score against West Ham.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can't put any blame at all on the young lad.

It's only through Van Gaal's sheer incompetence we have had to turn to an 18year old to play almost every game! No top clubs do that!

Devil may care

I have no criticism for an 18 year old who is being asked to do way too much due to an idiot manager that left us so thin up top, His part in the goal was class and I am confident he will progress well for us.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Thought he was really important in our two goals today, seems to have a good maturity on the ball. It's a shame that most of the time he's chasing pointless punts down the channel, we need to get him involved on the ball more and stop isolating him physically against bigger guys.

Bwuk

If we had another right forward as good as Martial, and a decent midfield behind them I'd be fine with Rashford starting next year.

But we don't.

The United

Well, the lone striker system in LVG's tactic will always struggle when you don't have 2 players like martial stretching the defense arounds.

kundalini

I thought he did ok. Involved in the moves for both goals, nice back-heel that got deflected, decent pass for Martial's weak penalty claim. Lost possession a few too many times. Missed a chance to get a header in.

Bojan11

This is why I find it baffling that people think we should not sign a striker not season. He's had a good start, but no way should he be a regular for us.

3KDré

If we get a right winger that actually does something he will improve a lot more. A lot of teams play with inverted wingers who get a lot more involved in the build up so hopefully that happens, because it'd make use of Rashford's good flicks and intelligent movements.

Sylar

Loved his involvement in the two goals tbh especially the first one.

Raw

He'll benefit more with players running into the box. We barely have enough as it is.

That chance he created when he backheeled it across the goal was begging for Rooney/Herrera/Mata/etc to charge in and slide it home.

Manny

Grammar Police
Fecking poor tonight. Offered nothing in behind and kept coming towards the ball.

Needed much more movement from him today especially when Mata is on the wing.

The United

He'll benefit more with players running into the box. We barely have enough as it is.

That chance he created when he backheeled it across the goal was begging for Rooney/Herrera/Mata/etc to charge in and slide it home.
tbf, every one would. We don't do it often enough this season.

Even Rooney will look good if we have runners.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Young lad, weight of expectancy to carry us to a win tonight. Won't blame him. As I've said in other threads, he needs to be developed properly. In 3 years time is when he should be leading the line, not now!

He has the talent but, he needs to be nourished properly, not just thrown in and told "here, CL football is riding on you getting goals. Oh and btw, you have school tomorrow"

Ole90+3

Iheanacho : "Rashford is a great young talent. He is big and strong and makes good decisions so I think he's going to be a really good player for United in the coming years. You can learn from every player, so I've learned from Rashford as well this season"

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...nge-is-great-says-man-citys-kelechi-iheanacho
It'll be interesting to see which turns out the biggest success in the next few years.

Both huge talents, and not too dissimilar in style, however Iheanacho does seem to have better dribbling skills than Rashford. Wonder who would win in a foot race.

Status
Not open for further replies.