Status
Not open for further replies.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Welbeck's loss is Rashford's gain?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Welbeck's loss is Rashford's gain?

I'd take him personally, if its between Walcott and Rashford then its a no brainer. Hes a wildcard that defences wont know much about and even if he doesnt play he will benefit hugely from the experience.

Clas Sified

FromTheBench

I'd take him personally, if its between Walcott and Rashford then its a no brainer. Hes a wildcard that defences wont know much about and even if he doesnt play he will benefit hugely from the experience.
If it's a striker choice then likely to be between Defoe, Sturridge and Rashford.

If it's between Walcott and Rashford then it's likely to be for the wide right slot where England don't have that many options right now.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
If it's a striker choice then likely to be between Defoe, Sturridge and Rashford.

If it's between Walcott and Rashford then it's likely to be for the wide right slot where England don't have that many options right now.
Forget positions as England have a lot of versatile players, for one Rashford should be able to play RW anyway as he has for Utd before, it's about quality and Walcott is shite whereas Rashford is a wildcard.

Morpheus 7

I'm sorry if it offends any England fans but get lost Roy. He needs a proper rest this summer for United. He's been threw in the deep end with united this season, knowing uniteds luck he will get a bad injury while training with England without playing a game. He's still adjusting to playing at senior level, he hasn't even played six months. Too much to soon, I hate international football. If it was the Republic of Ireland I would say the same thing. I only am thinking of uniteds best interest.

Jcrossley94

I think hes just training with them isnt he? dont actually think this is suggestive of him ending up on the plane to france. Didnt he do the same thing before the world cup with some other youngsters? just to let them get a sense of the environment..

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

You have to also consider that Wayne Rooney is guaranteed to go, despite Hodgson likely being aware that he is no use to anyone up front. So one of the striker slots will be effectively going to a midfielder already, so cover up top is needed.

Silverman

Is Rashford a one in a hundred talent or is he an example of a youth player taking his chance. Like do people think if most clubs gave their youth players a chance, they could do what he's done? I had seen nothing of him in the youth set up.

Bwuk

He could get in because of Englands lack of decent wide options.

England would be better with him than Walcott

JackXX

Even if he didn't get a minute of game time I'd be really happy if he went. Would be good experience.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He'd do well at the Euros imo. Still plays with a pace, trickery, and fearlessness that England could benefit from. Same with Alli.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He won't make the 23 man squad, but the experience of meeting up and training in an international setting will do him some good.

Impulse

He'll only make the squad if Sturridge gets injured, so I give about a 97% chance of making it.

Man Utd 3:1 Bournemouth

Hed Zitin

A young player having that awareness after being starved of any service is great to see.

What a waste of time it is for him in all honesty. Not one player looks for him. No one plays to his strengths.

Glanville95

Very exciting player, but the England call-up is very premature, even for the provisional squad.

He's got pace in abundance, impressive movement and clearly an eye for goal, but I can't help but feel he's still a bit physically lacking. Tall, but could be a bit bulkier.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Such a great talent, hope he doesn't go to the Euro's and has a well deserved rest over the summer

Eddy_JukeZ

Who said he wasn't pacy? That was a funny one. He's lightning quick. Great composure as well. Looks quite strong for his age
Did someone actually say he's not quick?

He's probably the fastest player in our team.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's such a bright player, his finishing is excellent, his movement is excellent, his awareness is excellent. What I'm trying to say is, he's excellent.

m1y2

maybe if he had "rooney" or "Mata" on his back players would try to pass to him, it's just annoying to see him making so many runs not receiving a single pass. Nice little dummy for the first goal and well taken goal.. hopefully he will bulk up over summer and come back even stronger, its a big surprise for me in terms of his athleticism, coming basically straight from U18s and keeping up with the tempo of the game for 90 minutes in majority of games is really impressive, think he can be a top player if he stays fit and continues developing, so young and already useful player to have.

Imagine if we had someone like fabregas pulling the strings he would have much more chances to score a goal. The slow tempo doesn't really suits him but he did well despite that

Dobbs

A young player having that awareness after being starved of any service is great to see.

What a waste of time it is for him in all honesty. Not one player looks for him. No one plays to his strengths.
Spot on. The biggest change for next season has to be finding players who want to play through the lines and get the centre forward involved. He makes so many runs but the guys behind him only look sideways.

On the odd occasion we slip a few passes behind their midfield we look good.

Rossa

Did someone actually say he's not quick?

He's probably the fastest player in our team.
Someone said he had a decent turn of pace, but that he hasn't shown that he is properly fast. He's up there with Martial, Shaw and Valencia with Smalling as a dark horse. Would like to see a race between them - one with the ball and one without like they did with Lennon, Agbonlahor and Walcott (not against each other, but against the clock).

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Very exciting player, but the England call-up is very premature, even for the provisional squad.

He's got pace in abundance, impressive movement and clearly an eye for goal, but I can't help but feel he's still a bit physically lacking. Tall, but could be a bit bulkier.
He'll put on a bit of muscle over the next few years but he's quite wiry now. He just needs a less useless ref to call the fouls on him.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He really knows how to shoot inside the box, doesn't he?

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
8 goals in what a third of a season? As a point of comparison, the most Welbeck ever got for us was 12 in 39 games. Hard not to get excited about the kid.

VanGaalEra

So many chances were being missed and I was hoping one would fall for him, knew he'd take it. Great finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.