6.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kundalini

Good: nice finish for his goal, intelligent dummy for Rooney's goal, and one run that resulted in shots for Mata and Lingard.

Bad: asleep when CBJ fired in a super cross, still guilty of drifting wide too much for my liking

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
What really excites me as well is that he's only been playing as an out and out striker for a year or two I believe? It feels like there's so much more to come from him.

m1y2

Good: nice finish for his goal, intelligent dummy for Rooney's goal, and one run that resulted in shots for Mata and Lingard.

Bad: asleep when CBJ fired in a super cross, still guilty of drifting wide too much for my liking
yeah he was but perhaps that 50 runs before kinda tired him... ps how can you not drift wide when you cant get a decent ball all game..

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Brilliant finish. Really knows how to ensure a good connection with the ball to have a good shot at goal consistently and that's a very good quality to have. Will learn a lot playing alongside Ibra next season as well. Will likely get loads of playing time next season. Won't be a starter but will have plenty of time as an impact sub or rotating in now and then as the starter to rest Ibra/whoever. He's only 18 so he shouldn't be a starter constantly anyway, but hopefully he's managed properly and Mourinho if/when he comes isn't afraid to use him properly.

kundalini

yeah he was but perhaps that 50 runs before kinda tired him... ps how can you not drift wide when you cant get a decent ball all game..
My logic is that at some point in the game, Martial will explode past his marker, get into the penalty area and look for a pass. When that happens, I don't want Rashford outside the box. Same is true when Valencia looks to cross the ball, or Lingard.

JackXX

Brilliant young player. Unlikely I think but do hope he gets the chance to go to Euro's.

Acole9

Outstanding
His movement off the ball is very good for a player of his age. If he does go to the Euro's I just hope England take care of him and he doesn't get made a scapegoat.

Hed Zitin

He's class. The finish was excellent. His movement is naturally good. Got skills and pace a plenty.

He's made this season almost palatable seeing him come through the academy.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
His movement off the ball is very good for a player of his age. If he does go to the Euro's I just hope England take care of him and he doesn't get made a scapegoat.
No chance of that. IF he goes, he'll only get a few mins playing time, if that.

But I hope he does go as the experience will enhance his skills and confidence so much.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Really impressed me today. Showed great awareness and contributed a lot in the buildup play. Bournemouth were awful in the second half but still hugely promising from Rashford. For me he was only just behind Rooney as MotM.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Yeah, Rashford is what I'd hoped Welbeck would be.
Lets no get too carried away. Welbeck also had a great start to his United career.

I think what Rashford has proved this year is that he will not fall away like Macheda. But he has 2 more solid seasons to perform if he is to propel himself into Rooney/Owen/Ronaldo type youth potential.

Thats why I hope we do sign Ibra this summer. He would be an amazing player to learn from and also take a lot of the responsibility and pressure off Rashford - its not right that our goalscoring responsibilities on on his shoulders. Its that kind of expectation that could kill his career in its infancy.

Geordopolous

Brilliant finish. Really knows how to ensure a good connection with the ball to have a good shot at goal consistently and that's a very good quality to have. Will learn a lot playing alongside Ibra next season as well. Will likely get loads of playing time next season. Won't be a starter but will have plenty of time as an impact sub or rotating in now and then as the starter to rest Ibra/whoever. He's only 18 so he shouldn't be a starter constantly anyway, but hopefully he's managed properly and Mourinho if/when he comes isn't afraid to use him properly.
Do you know something about Ibra that we don't?

VanGaalEra

Lets no get too carried away. Welbeck also had a great start to his United career.

I think what Rashford has proved this year is that he will not fall away like Macheda. But he has 2 more solid seasons to perform if he is to propel himself into Rooney/Owen/Ronaldo type youth potential.

Thats why I hope we do sign Ibra this summer. He would be an amazing player to learn from and also take a lot of the responsibility and pressure off Rashford - its not right that our goalscoring responsibilities on on his shoulders. Its that kind of expectation that could kill his career in its infancy.
No way did Welbeck have a start to his career like this.

Werder Herzog

Love this kid and his youthful exuberance. More impressed with his strength each time i see him- looks like theirs nothing on him but he's really tough- when he grows into his body he will cause nightmares if he carries on at this rate.

Charlie Foley

I remember being pretty enthusiastic about Welbeck after 2011/12 and the Euros that summer.

The next season though his goalscoring return was awful, he had some good games but didn't he score about twice that season?

Dobbs

Rashford also doesn't fall down/slip over every time he gets into key areas.
Yeah that's the big difference. He's got quick, agile feet.

Welbeck for all his virtues just can't sort his legs out quick enough.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He looks more confident. Tried to go past players more often. The only thing that he needs to work on is his positioning but he's 18 and that will come with time. Very excited by him.

Silverman

Ya kind of feel buying a big name striker that relegates Rashford to the bench is a little unfair on him. If we do buy a striker then it should be Ibrahimovic or someone similar that wouldn't take up the striker position for a number of years, hampering Rashford's development.

LouisDanGaal

Yeah that's the big difference. He's got quick, agile feet.

Welbeck for all his virtues just can't sort his legs out quick enough.
I always found that the strange thing about Wellbeck because he's so good at the little flicks and tidy link up play but at the same time if he gets one on one there's about a 40% chance he will inexplicably fall over. Rashford has the neat flicks too but also great composure, I can't really think of a player he really reminds me of, maybe because he's quite maverick in his playing style.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I always found that the strange thing about Wellbeck because he's so good at the little flicks and tidy link up play but at the same time if he gets one on one there's about a 40% chance he will inexplicably fall over. Rashford has the neat flicks too but also great composure, I can't really think of a player he really reminds me of, maybe because he's quite maverick in his playing style.
He's like a mixture of Brazilian Ronaldo and Ian Wright to me :lol:

Ya kind of feel buying a big name striker that relegates Rashford to the bench is a little unfair on him. If we do buy a striker then it should be Ibrahimovic or someone similar that wouldn't take up the striker position for a number of years, hampering Rashford's development.
Could quite happily play together, Rashford can play the right wing or use Ibra as a 10. Just depends how the manager want's to setup.

surf

He's like a mixture of Brazilian Ronaldo and Ian Wright to me :lol:

Could quite happily play together, Rashford can play the right wing or use Ibra as a 10. Just depends how the manager want's to setup.
That's the thing. If we get a new striker then Rashford can play on the right because he'd be better at it than Lingard.

Sigma

I don't see how he would to be honest. He'll relish going to the Euros. He definitely won't be defiant if he gets the call.

I do realise that I'm now a cnut for correcting spelling!
:lol: Thanks for that.

Nah, but I'm pretty sure Roy will pick him.

Charlie Foley

That's the thing. If we get a new striker then Rashford can play on the right because he'd be better at it than Lingard.
Do you think him and Martial could be the front 2 in a diamond ala Cruyff?

And as in the video if we get a top class 9 we just switch to 4-3-3

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Drinkwater has been consistently good for the champions of England and Bertrand is a back up. I agree with the rest.
Clyne can play left and right back and stones can cover right back if need be. Bertrand not needed...

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Clyne can play left and right back and stones can cover right back if need be. Bertrand not needed...
It is better to have players in their natural positions than other back up's playing out of their position. LVG has taught us that many a time this season (albeit contrarily).

mattsville

Rashford has surprised me a lot since he came into the team, he had ability in the academy, pace, scored goals but his overall game never stood out, the most impressive thing is his mentality, he is confident, very confident, he knows what he can do particularly with his pace and he is not afraid to use it, it's a bit of whirlwind for him at the moment, remains to be seen how his game develops, have'nt seen him in enough match situations, he scored a cracker away to west ham in the cup, but his most impressive moment for me was winning the derby away, did his man and slotted home confident as you like in a match like that, also liked his reaction after scoring against bournemouth, great finish, but his reaction was low key, great mentality.

Man Utd 2:1 Crystal Palace

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I think he needs to be doing more this game. 10 seconds of good football is not enough. For the first 30 minutes we had the ball 80% of the time and he's just jogging around, not making any runs. When Rooney made the through ball to Rojo there was no one inside the box. There have been two other times where he's standing around the box when we're in a crossing position. Not aggressive enough for me and needs to do better.

He also needs to be better defensively. Smalling's yellow card could have been stopped earlier. After Rooney lost the ball he jogged after the player in possession, allowing him to make the pass to Wickham uninterrupted. With some half decent pressing he could have forced a pass out of bounds.

I'm not saying he's the worst guy on the pitch or anything it's just that we've had the ball so much and Dann and Delaney have had a very easy game because he isn't making them work.

Status
Not open for further replies.