Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Ill be honest, I'm incredibly sceptical when young raw players burst onto the scene and hit the ground running as well as the likes of rashford has done, Too often we see young players deemed the next big thing and fade away into obscurity.

However, this lad has come into the madness that is the england setup and walked away with flying colours in my book.
I'm similar with young players but so far the lad has nothing but confirmed the hype around him. I was surprised Hodgson was willing to bring him on in the 72nd minute it was I believe, only to pull him back and bring him on 13 minutes later.

The core difference between him and the likes of Sturridge and Sterling are his long legs. He may not have the technical abilities of the other two, but he has good enough feet. If he does pick up speed, however, his long strides compared to Sterling's/Sturridge's short, quick steps make him much harder to stop. Add to it that he seems much stronger on the ball and you have the reason why he could beat those Iceland defenders.
F*** his age, he is the type of player one needed in a match like this.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
I've seen Rashford on the right many times and he still looks really good there. It's only the Liverpool game that made him look bad but it's not because he was on the right it was the terrible instructions Van Gaal gave that made Rashford a second RB to cover Varela's inability to defend.

In moments when he's on the right he is still able to produce. I'm sure he played there at his youth and he is extremely versatile in the front three. He doesn't have much of a weak foot and his low crosses really trouble defenders which will especially help Zlatan.

Here is how he would play:

Zlatan
Martial Mkhitaryan Rashford

This team might be experimented by Jose which I will very much welcome. That front four has a great blend of youth and experience which will excite and punish on the break. Mkhitaryan will be given an Oscar like role and at his time at Dortmund the past season shows that he's not really a RW but a player that moves across the whole team, it's where he's most effective. This front four would become fantastic I reckon.

beergod

needs to quit England before they suck the life out of him like they do to everyone else.

Golden Nugget

Really didn't expect Rashford to do as well as he did - so hats off to him. Still, it was criminal how long Hodgson waited to put him on - should have came on when Vardy came on. England were going to be knocked out whether it was 2-1 or 3-1 - but he didn't gamble and paid the price.

red4ever 79

Excited about this kid. I keep thinking this wont last and he will turn into another young player who had an initial impact and then faded away. However the more I see of him, the more I have faith he will become a mainstay in our team for years. He has such composure, is quick, skillful, has a good eye for goal and he is OURS!!

Shark

@NotShark
I can't wait for the season to begin mostly to watch this kid play and develop. That's what this sport is all about, whoever else we bring in takes a backseat for me.

prateik

He did nothing great. He was OK.
Everyone one else was really really really bad.

edit: Not a criticism. I think he'll be a wonderful player for us. But I dont understand the praise he is getting for the little cameo yesterday.
Expectations must be really low if that got people excited.

flappyjay

He did nothing great. He was OK.
Everyone one else was really really really bad.

edit: Not a criticism. I think he'll be a wonderful player for us. But I dont understand the praise he is getting for the little cameo yesterday.
Expectations must be really low if that got people excited.
he did nothing great but what he did with his 7 minutes makes you think if he would have created or scored a goal had he been on longer. The fact that in his few minutes he went past more players than anyone else makes us wonder about what could have been

Derrick B

I've seen Rashford on the right many times and he still looks really good there. It's only the Liverpool game that made him look bad but it's not because he was on the right it was the terrible instructions Van Gaal gave that made Rashford a second RB to cover Varela's inability to defend.

In moments when he's on the right he is still able to produce. I'm sure he played there at his youth and he is extremely versatile in the front three. He doesn't have much of a weak foot and his low crosses really trouble defenders which will especially help Zlatan.

Here is how he would play:

Zlatan
Martial Mkhitaryan Rashford

This team might be experimented by Jose which I will very much welcome. That front four has a great blend of youth and experience which will excite and punish on the break. Mkhitaryan will be given an Oscar like role and at his time at Dortmund the past season shows that he's not really a RW but a player that moves across the whole team, it's where he's most effective. This front four would become fantastic I reckon.
This. Although, I don't expect Rashford to start often. It would be very nice to see how we could produce on the right consistently. With Zlatan's tendency to come short at times and hold up play, that should provide the space in behind for Rashford and Martial. Mkhitaryan is much better in a #10 role, in my opinion, much like Griezmann. However, I think we are far more likely to see Rooney in the #10 and Mkhitaryan out wide for the majority of the season. Unfortunately :(.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
This. Although, I don't expect Rashford to start often. It would be very nice to see how we could produce on the right consistently. With Zlatan's tendency to come short at times and hold up play, that should provide the space in behind for Rashford and Martial. Mkhitaryan is much better in a #10 role, in my opinion, much like Griezmann. However, I think we are far more likely to see Rooney in the #10 and Mkhitaryan out wide for the majority of the season. Unfortunately :(.
I think Jose's smart enough to realise Rooney isn't good enough for a number #10 role when you need to have quick feet and thinking. He will play at DM, but not like a traditional DM but instead a DM like fabregas that mostly contributes in attack. His defensive work is good enough for that position and if Fabregas can play it he can. Rooney is much better playing from deep and less dictating play but instead spreading the game. Let's remember that the entire team was awful last night and Rooney clearly lost his head on the occasion. He won't be doing that again soon, atleast I hope so.

RedCurry

I was worried that Jose will marginalize him. But every time Rashford steps on the field I find it hard to see why a manager would drop a player like him. He's fast, strong and a good finisher. He seems mentally very strong and never looks afraid to play.

He can play in three different positions up front, has no problem tracking back and once he fills in a bit he'll be challenging for everything in the air. All this at 18 and if he does well all the credit for his development will go to Mourinho. If he doesn't do well, the crowd will cut him slack since he's a local boy. He is as close to being a sure bet as they come.

jackofalltrades

I think Hodgson made a mistake in not giving him more playing time. Honestly, who was playing well enough to keep him out of the team at least for the last 20-30 minutes - Kane, Vardy, Sterling, Sturridge....?

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I think Hodgson made a mistake in not giving him more playing time. Honestly, who was playing well enough to keep him out of the team at least for the last 20-30 minutes - Kane, Vardy, Sterling, Sturridge....?
Every player you mentioned have much more experience and are better players. But when it comes down to mentality they ain't got shite on Rashford and Lingard, and that's the problem with England. So all said and done and i agree with you. :)

jackofalltrades

Every player you mentioned have much more experience and are better players. But when it comes down to mentality they ain't got shite on Rashford and Lingard, and that's the problem with England. So all said and done and i agree with you. :)
Yes, experience normally counts for a lot, didn't we play some merely decent but experienced players like Park in place of Pogba ? Plus although Kane etc had done brilliantly in the league throughout the season they weren't performing in these games. That's why I say for the last 20-30 minutes. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. But if it ain't working, do something.

Reactions: Grinner

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He's going to be the future of our club.

Even so I think signing Zlatan for a year or 2 makes all the sense in the world. Too much pressure and mileage on a kid at 18/19 can be too much too soon.

Now he'll get the chance to still get quality minutes, fill into his frame, continue to learn his craft and refine his game.

Exciting times ahead but let's not put too much pressure on too soon.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Yes, experience normally counts for a lot, didn't we play some merely decent but experienced players like Park in place of Pogba ? Plus although Kane etc had done brilliantly in the league throughout the season they weren't performing in these games. That's why I say for the last 20-30 minutes. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. But if it ain't working, do something.
As i said mate i agree. Rashford gave much more to England in those 5 minutes than everyone else on the pitch did for 90 minutes.

He is special and i hope Mourinho keeps developing him.

NoPace

Basically he played like Martial, picking up the ball in a left-back position and running a million yards to get into the box to rescue an average team with no ability to link play and build more normal attacks. Sort of hilarious in that way. Martial is the best attacker he's ever played with and so tried to emulate him when he was thrown on and given 5 minutes to rescue England's tournament.

XdanielredX

REVEALED: Jose Mourinho made secret visit to Manchester United stars at England camp before Euro 2016 to outline his blueprint for attacking new style

Jose Mourinho laid down his vision for Manchester United during a secret trip to England’s pre-European Championship camp.

Sportsmail understands he made sure to see United’s trio in Roy Hodgson’s 23-man squad - captain Wayne Rooney, teenage sensation Marcus Rashford and central defender Chris Smalling.

The four linked up at St George’s Park before England embarked on an ultimately disappointing campaign, which ended in humiliation against Iceland on Monday night.

The meeting acted as an informal introduction to what Mourinho envisages to achieve in the North West - and how he will go about implementing that.

Rooney was key to the discussions, with his new boss keen to indicate he intends to break the shackles and allow United to entertain, something to have gone missing under Louis van Gaal last year.

Mourinho stressed to all three they are central to his plans as he starts a job he has coveted for some while.

The 53-year-old also revealed certain names not to worry about being signed as rumours spread across the continent as to who he was looking at.

Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward is willing to sanction a mega-money transfer this summer, with the club firmly interested in landing Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, who would cost a British transfer record.

Two of Mino Raiola’s other clients, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Henrikh Mkhitaryan, are expected to seal switches, while defender Eric Bailly joined from Villarreal for £30million.

Mourinho wanted some face time with a number of his new players in the build up to the tournament in France and travelled to St George’s Park to meet the three of them.

He has gone on the charm offensive with his new players before pre-season training starts, also relaying messages to David de Gea - although that courtesy has not been extended to everybody used by Van Gaal.

De Gea is now on holiday after Spain were dumped out of Euro 2016 by Italy in the last 16.

It is understood each member of Mourinho’s squad is expected back for when United jet off on their tour of Asia on July 19.

They added another date to their diary on Thursday morning, a fixture against Galatasaray on July 30 after clashes with Borussia Dortmund and Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City.

The Portuguese returned from holiday in the Maldives to begin his reign as manager at Old Trafford this week.

Mourinho will begin to welcome back a selection of the United squad who have not been involved in international competition, with Cameron Borthwick-Jackson one having done work at Carrington this week.

Others are expected back in the coming days, although those who played at Euro 2016 and the Copa America are being afforded time off and are spending that abroad.

Underlined A few GOOD key points if true...

I also just hope he sees Rashfords rise as a reason to give other youth a go too, not just use him as he is now a well known talent.

luke511

I apologise if this has already been posted but wow, what a special talent. Really well put together as well, love how the west ham goal caps it off.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Really looking forward to him next season. Seems destined for big things.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
This type of football is severely lacking amongst English pro football players, I bet not one English first team player could pull this sort of skill off.
i bet 22 out of 23 can do similar things.

luke511

You'd like to think so but I actually doubt it, if you watch the youtube channel F2 you'd be surprised at what a pro football player can (or can't) pull off skill wise. This kind of thing is what the kids practise day in day out but once they make it pro it takes the backseat. I reckon the only first team English player that can do it as well as Rashford in this video is Sturridge.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nah, you're grossly underestimating how good professional footballers are.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
You'd like to think so but I actually doubt it, if you watch the youtube channel F2 you'd be surprised at what a pro football player can (or can't) pull off skill wise. This kind of thing is what the kids practise day in day out but once they make it pro it takes the backseat. I reckon the only first team English player that can do it as well as Rashford in this video is Sturridge.
well, you are basing your opinion on fake F2 videos, what else can i say.....watched a fair share of training videos on FA and Inside City channel and i saw plenty of awful players do skills, watched player warm-ups live and almost everyone can do something, feck i even saw James Collins who is the biggest lump in the league do some skills in one video. Skills as such are one of the easiest things in football, whats difficult is to implement them into your game so they are useful on the pitch.

m1y2

This type of football is severely lacking amongst English pro football players, I bet not one English first team player could pull this sort of skill off.
almost every professional player can do similar tricks, it's completely different on the pitch where you need to be efficient and score a goal, these tricks are pointless on the pitch and the pressure is on as well to pull off something like this... you'd be surprised by players like Smalling and other "non-technical" players.. again their job is different on the pitch..

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
^ Yup. The reason these players look so 'non-technical' is due to how difficult it is to play under pressure. The biggest difference at the highest level is obviously the amount of time on the ball and how important your first touch has to be. No time for skill about 80% of the time.

luke511

^ Yup. The reason these players look so 'non-technical' is due to how difficult it is to play under pressure. The biggest difference at the highest level is obviously the amount of time on the ball and how important your first touch has to be. No time for skill about 80% of the time.
I understand this and personally I don't think I am grossly underestimating the players, I know how good you have to be to become a pro player. I just think there is a big lack of street style football missing from our (England's) game, hence why we have hardly any players in our team that can dribble past a man with swarve and skill like Rashford can.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I only play football with friends and I can easily pull that off.

RedStarUnited

I only play football with friends and I can easily pull that off.
almost every professional player can do similar tricks, it's completely different on the pitch where you need to be efficient and score a goal, these tricks are pointless on the pitch and the pressure is on as well to pull off something like this... you'd be surprised by players like Smalling and other "non-technical" players.. again their job is different on the pitch..
Nah, you're grossly underestimating how good professional footballers are.
And you guys are grossly over estimating them. Doing these skills has nothing to do with their general football abilities. I pay close attention to players during warm up etc when I go watch games and I guarantee Rooney or Memphis cant do some of the things Marcus is doing in that video.

prath92

i saw a video where scott parker did stuff like this at a FIFA launch (14 i think). Im sure mosst in our squad can

Status
Not open for further replies.