6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

3KDré

53 games this season. It's to be expected that he's had a poor game here and there. He didn't get much service today either to be fair.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He's a brilliant prospect. He worked his socks off tonight. He wasn't at his best by a long shot, but the ref denied him a couple of clear cut freekicks.

stepic

lets face it, he was poor tonight. whenever he runs at defenders i inevitably expect him to lose possession. he's a talent, but he has a lot to do to become world class.

AXVnee7

He has a habit of running ahead and leaving the ball behind so he needs to work on his control. But he was largely starved of service, and had little options available as we were so deep at many times. So I don't judge him too harshly tonight. Like I said earlier he worked his socks off as usual so although it didn't quite work today he did a good job.

Dir Wangem

He should be proud of his season. He did really, really well for his age.

Now, let's hope he stays hungry and injury-free!

Sylar

I think this will be fantastic for him. Wasnt a perfect game, but we won and he ended up with a medal with so much to learn. Hes 19 and within a year of his debut hes won Fa Cup, EFL Cup and Europa League (and CS)

Oh and hes 19 so of course he wont be great every game. Playing centrally (where we see him long term) has been beneficial for him.

el3mel

Was a poor, poor day from him, but overall, great season and his development is still going on. He'll be much better with each season.

He needs to learn how to control the ball under pressure and when his back is to the goal, though, not everything is about running in space.

Very confident about his talent growing as time goes on.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
Great season for the young lad and we have to happy he's escaped serious injury considering how much he's played since Xmas. The game today showed he still lacks the nous of a top striker just yet. He also looked a might short of stamina again today ... perhaps too many minutes & too much pressure? It was such a long season after all.
I'm confident he's learned a ton & expect him to come back even stronger and smarter next season.

Back to today's match; To me his legs looked really "heavy" almost all game (and as they have imho in his last few matches) But, since Martial has failed to show enough consistency & Rooney, as good as he's been, is pretty much "passed it", young Marcus was really our only choice? Fortunately Ajax had too much youth & not enough experience and Rashford's wastefulness today didn't cost us anything.

Another shiny trophy but perhaps most importantly, we are at our attractive best" with advancement to group stage CL on offer once again next season.

"There's Only One United"

UnitedForever147

Cant see him getting a lot of satisfaction from the win. One of the biggest games of his life yet he didn't turn up. Looked like he was running on empty from the kick off. We're never going to score enough without some big changes for next season.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He ran his little heart out, bless, but not a good game by his standards. He's probably played more games than any of Ajax's starting XI though.

Ibi Dreams

Tough game for him, he didn't do that badly considering that we really weren't playing to his strengths and Ajax were stifling him. He was still a decent outlet at times

dannofdawn

The boy has talent but it didn't work out all too well for him today, some outside of his influence. However, one thing for sure is that he puts in an effort for the team regardless. That, along with his obvious talent to me is what makes him one of our brightest youngster. A talented young player that is willing to work hard has to a recipe for a successful transition into being a key player for a top club.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We are so lucky to have him as he's a wonderful talent but hopefully he's not leading the line next season on his own. He's young and blows hot and cold during games. He has a lot to still learn (as you'd imagine) for instance last night we could have done with our striker holding the ball up or winning fouls or throw ins and relieving the pressure on our team. Rashford ran his guts out but struggled with his decision making for me. It will come but I hope for his sake as well as ours he's a bit more protected whilst learning his trade.

AgentP

Not a great day for him. It also showed us that we should not get carried away by the hype. The kid is not yet ready to lead the line for us. We have to sign a striker.

Ashley R1+O

19! NINETEEN.

Already with four winners medals in his cabinet! This kid will be a star, never gives up, always want to run in behind. His hold up play will grow as he develops as a footballer but we have an absolute gem here lads. Love him to bits.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I think he's good enough the line in most games. In games where we sit back and he tends to become isolated and struggles. The talent is obvious though.

ChaddyP

Couldn't buy a foul. Constantly bundled over. It was like a running joke how much he was fouled yet no whistle. I can't fault his performance. Got nothing from the refs.

CG1010

While he wasn't very good, it must be noted that he occupied both the CBs of Ajax throughout the match. They were scared of bombing forward even if one of them was covering. At 19, leading the line in a European final, he has a bright future ahead!

An Irish Red

This will be an unpopular opinion here; but I honestly don't think he's any better than Welbeck was. I don't think he'll reach the 'world class' heights that some people expect either.

I hope I'm wrong and all that.

Last edited:

arnie_ni

This will be an unpopular opinion here; but I honestly don't think he's any better than Welbeck was. I don't think he'll reach the 'world class' heights that some people expect either.

He's better than welbeck by a long shot. He can actually uno, score.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Needs to develop his ball control a lot more.

He's decent at linking up with other attackers when they're in close proximity to him with one touch and flicks, but when he has to run at defenders, his limited technical ability comes to the fore.

Z_Wolf

Last night's game showed that he's relies on his pace more than he should. Sanchez was just as fast if not faster than him and he struggled. He should be cleverer with his movements.

He has everything to be a top striker.

dogwithabone

Not at his best and he was very well contained by them. Was a toe end away from getting free on a couple of occassions but a good learning curve as to what he can expect in CL next season.

ilovethisgameahahah

He's our lucky charm! Our fortune has gone up since his debut.

Mourinho speaks about how much he loves him specifically in this video.

From the 12:00 minute mark, gives him a glowing reference. Also talks about how he struggles to manage weaker players.

Next season Could Rashford be the only 20 year old ever to win all major trophies? Just need a cheeky CL and PL :D

GazTheLegend

Couldn't buy a foul. Constantly bundled over. It was like a running joke how much he was fouled yet no whistle. I can't fault his performance. Got nothing from the refs.
Felt like he went down a bit too easily at times but BTsport seemed to not show a single replay so it was hard to say whether or not we should have had a few more calls our way.

Any gifs going you reckon?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They were blocking and bumping him all over the place. It was ridiculous how often the ref let it happen against him, I can remember about 4/5 separate occasions in the 2nd half alone!

The fact is though he never gives up or hides. Yes he can play better but he was 2v1 pretty much all game with little support.

These experiences will do him the world of good in the future.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

He is miles better than Welbeck.

BarstoolProphet

My favourite part from Rashford yesterday was when at one point he was fed up with the Ajax players dribbling their way through our midfield and defense so he sprinted back and muscled the ball of one of their players. Kinda like an angry Rooney in his heyday. Can see why Mou absolutely loves him.

Member 99369

He's managed five goals in thirty two league games..

But anyway, I just don't see it with him. He works hard and he's fast but he gives the ball away an absurd amount. I don't think he has the ability to become a world class player.
I agree. I really want him to turn into the world beater some people expect him to become, but I'm not convinced he will ever progress beyond a pacy forward with a mediocre goal return.

I expect his hold up play and decision making to improve, but it's more difficult to "learn" how to take defenders on with the ball, and finishing...you tend to either be natural at those things or you don't.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He's managed five goals in thirty two league games..

But anyway, I just don't see it with him. He works hard and he's fast but he gives the ball away an absurd amount. I don't think he has the ability to become a world class player.
FWIW I agree, although he has far better attitude than Danny. I am trying very hard to buy in to the Rashford hype and rate him as a player, just like I used to try with Welbeck but I couldn't see it with Danny and I'm struggling to see it with Rashford at times.

People keep saying he's only 19! but i am sorry, but dribbling the ball out of play shouldn't be happening even if you are 16.. let alone 19, it isn't really a valid excuse.

He does produce fantastic technical moments, but his overall game is very raw.. and he's abit of a kick and run merchant at times and constantly loses control of the ball once he knocks it into space and there is a crowd of defenders.

He talks a good game though, and obviously has a good head on his shoulders so I am hoping he can despite his lack of natural world class ability, work really hard at his game to refine his game and bring it all together. Great freekicks, great shooting ability, electric pace, sometimes really good dribbling ability.. I mean he has lots of strings to his bow to be the complete force, but out of 10 attempts, he probably gets it right 2 times out of 10 which isn't good enough and he needs to work on the consistency of his decision making on the ball. Most top class players even if they are young, they will make dumb decisions but they don't look really poor in possession, they look very at ease and maybe mishit passes etc but with Rashford, he can look really mediocre.. so his bottom level is really low for a so-called world class talent and his work-rate really disguises this fact.

Compare his game to Mbappe/Dembele and technically it is poles apart, those two even in bad performances, technically they're not found wanting. They'll always look super gifted.

But those thinking he's ready to lead the line and should be a definite starter for next year, nope not for me. Should be a squad man next year and see if his game goes up a level, with added mass and composure.. hopefully it all begins to click but there is no guarantee it will happen.

Web of Bissaka

Not his best game, struggling and not convincing.

Great attitude and work hard as usual, the minimum.

Credits for trying, and credits to Ajax's defense especially Sanchez.

:lol: Not like we had any other alternative good choice, our best available striker for the final.

Experience playing in the final will do Rashford good.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout

I reckon he'll be comfortably better than Welbeck. He's still only 19 and has already managed to make himself a semi-regular fixture in our team; by comparison Welbeck wasn't really getting a consistent look-in until he was 21/22. If Rashford's already as good now as Welbeck was then, I'd be confident at him being comfortably better than Welbeck ever was for us in a couple of years presuming he doesn't suffer from injuries/isn't dropped etc.

I do think we should be measured in our praise, right enough; Rashford wouldn't be the first young player who's looked superb and turned out to be a disappointment, and even someone like Welbeck who's rightfully recognised as average now was often being hyped up as our next major talent just a few years back. But I already think Rashford's a decent finisher for his age, and probably better than the inconsistent Welbeck ever was, and he's demonstrated a strong mentality by performing in some important games, which you'd hope bodes well for his continuing development.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
lets face it, he was poor tonight. whenever he runs at defenders i inevitably expect him to lose possession. he's a talent, but he has a lot to do to become world class.
He needs to learn when to run at defenders and when to hold the ball and release it. He just runs forward blindly and losing the ball. Still only 19 though

Manny

Grammar Police
Was poor last night.

Sanchez kept nipping in front of him to steal the ball and Rashford did nothing to change that.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Not good enough to lead the line and should never be asked to do so if we want to win the league. He has improved his game immensely this year and can lead the line in his mid twenties.

Hopefully we get a striker so he can develop at a steady pace next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.