6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigma

If he outperforms him, he deserves to start over him, it's that simple.
Yes, but in no way can you judge that after a 45 minute spell after Zlatan's first few days.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Yes, but in no way can you judge that after a 45 minute spell after Zlatan's first few days.
No of course not, but I wouldn't completely rule it out.

SteveW

Which is why I suggested Rashford play on the right. He has all the attributes to be a great inside forward.

----------Ibrahimovic
Martial - Mkhitaryan - Rashford
We could do that but Rashford is going to be a striker. Would it be worth changing his position and potentially messing with his development just to fit in a 35 year old for a season? It would seem like madness to me

Sigma

We could do that but Rashford is going to be a striker. Would it be worth changing his position and potentially messing with his development just to fit in a 35 year old for a season? It would seem like madness to me
So you want Rashford instead of Ibra. But do you honestly think that will be the case?

SteveW

It's quite incredible just how rounded a footballer he is at his age.

mu4c_20le

His confidence and technique is ridiculous. Defenders shit themselves when he runs at them. What a little gem.

AndyJ1985

I don't think playing on the right would change his game at all tbh. Just look at the way he plays when he's up front, he's already like a winger in many ways. Imagine him running at players and cutting in from the right for 90 minutes, he'd cause all kinds of problems for defenders.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How can a United fan not be getting excited by this lad? Bizarre.
Getting excited is one thing but saying he should play in front of Zlatan at this stage is just dumb in my opinion.

SteveW

I don't think playing on the right would change his game at all tbh. Just look at the way he plays when he's up front, he's already like a winger in many ways. Imagine him running at players and cutting in from the right for 90 minutes, he'd cause all kinds of problems for defenders.
Absolutely no doubt he could do it. He probably be great there. But he'd better better through the middle.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How can a United fan not be getting excited by this lad? Bizarre.
Oh, we are excited. But my only worry is his age, he is bound to lose form at some parts of the season, like with all young player. As good as he is, he still needs to be managed properly.

Ban

He started playing last season cause of the injuries and look at him now. He's a wonderful, wonderful player.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Cannot believe people are calling for Rashford to start over Zlatan. Lol this place is mental!
It's not that mental to pick the player who suits the side over the bigger name. If we look a more dangerous side with Rashford up front (and I'm not saying we will, the season hasn't even started) then you play him.

SteveW

Getting excited is one thing but saying he should play in front of Zlatan at this stage is just dumb in my opinion.
We're clearly a better team when we have pace and movement up top.

AR87

Wasn't there some ridiculous discussion a few months ago about how Rashford's first touch and close control weren't that good? Obviously at 18 still has plenty to work on and improve, but criticizing him at this point comes off like jaded contrarianism simply for the sake of.

JackXX

Brilliant player. Has to start he makes us a totally different team.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If he outperforms him, he deserves to start over him, it's that simple.
Zlatan has just made his debut and scored a wonderful goal. Plus he has just come of a season where he scored like 50 goals and been one of the best strikers in the world. Rashford has came of his breakthrough season, if this was like 10 games into the season I would understand it more but not on a friendly. Now if it was to take Rooney's position that makes sense as last season Rashford showed more but not on Zlatan or Mkyt for that point! What if we sign Pogba and first game he does ok but Rashford comes on and playes well in is position should we drop Pogba??

Jacob

Loved the surprised look Zlatan had after Rashford's run

SteveW

Wasn't there some ridiculous discussion a few months ago about how Rashford's first touch and close control weren't that good? Obviously at 18 still has plenty to work on and improve, but criticizing him at this point comes off like jaded contrarianism simply for the sake of.
To be fair nobody's criticising him. It's just a few people want Zlatan more.

Yagami

Good post resistant
God, I love this kid so much. I hope he isn't used sparingly this season; he's already good enough to be an important 1st teamer.

Raw

This lad will be a fantastic option off the bench. Bursting past tired defences.

Obviously I want him to start more games too, Europa League will be perfect for him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
His all-round game, one two, passing and close control are very good. He is much better than I thought he will be when I saw him first time. Improved a lot.

Man-United

We could also easily play the old 4-4-1-1 with one of Rasford or Zlatan playing SS. Must not be a case of either Rash or Zlatan.

worldinmotion66

Rashford is a far greater threat up front because he is mobile and intelligent. He creates overloads on the flanks which unlocks defences, and he also creates more space for the midfield as the defence is forced to drop deeper because of his pace. Carrick would have struggled in the first half because they were pressing us well, but they couldn't in the second half as there was too much ground to cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.