Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Needs to find some form - Martial’s current performances making up for his lack of impact. Huge fan and loads of talent there, but if he carries on in this vein does he jeopardise his WC squad place?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'm really unhappy with the Rash/Martial comparisons. Each player has their own strengths and weaknesses.

Right now Rash is in bad form but he's still so young. I reckon all this praise he's been getting hasn't been beneficial. Probably needed to get some tough love from Jose ala Martial (would have kept him on his toes imo). I also think he's not being 'selfish', but rather, he's anxious owing to the competition he faces in nailing down a starting spot again. This I think makes him anxious and he believes that every time he gets on the pitch he has to do something spectacular. Jose just needs to calm him down and explain that he just needs to keep it simple. Once he understands that, he should be fine.

It's also crazy writing him off already imho.

ash_86

He's low on confidence. A loan move would do him so much good next season. Don't forget he's just 20

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'm really unhappy with the Rash/Martial comparisons. Each player has their own strengths and weaknesses.

Right now Rash is in bad form but he's still so young. I reckon all this praise he's been getting hasn't been beneficial. Probably needed to get some tough love from Jose ala Martial (would have kept him on his toes imo). I also think he's not being 'selfish', but rather, he's anxious owing to the competition he faces in nailing down a starting spot again. This I think makes him anxious and he believes that every time he gets on the pitch he has to do something spectacular. Jose just needs to calm him down and explain that he just needs to keep it simple. Once he understands that, he should be fine.

It's also crazy writing him off already imho.
What you described is exactly "being selfish". If his first reflex to impress is by doing everything by himself then he is just that.

p2pZeus

He's low on confidence. A loan move would do him so much good next season. Don't forget he's just 20
No.

Simply no.

Rashford is one of the brightest talents coming from our academy since Ravel Morrison. We have to nurture him ourself, not outsource to relegation fodders and destroy his confidence.
I cant even remember a single player benefitting from these loan deals. Januzaj? Ravel Morrison? Welbeck? Cleverly? Pereira (is upset and doesnt wanna come back) ? Frazier Campbell?
Blackett? etc

And Rashford is one of the brightest, he has shown us he can score alot. This season though, he has just been hitting the woodwork alot and making some stupid decisions. But we have to keep nurturing him here at Old trafford. Its not like he has completely stagnated either, has anyone seen his long range shots? its Ronaldo-esque even with more pace. Sick stuff.

p2pZeus

And one more thing, Rashford and Martial are the only players I look upto in dark moments to create some magic out of nothing. When the team plays badly or can't break down the opposition, this is the guy I expect to do something.
Like that guy Nani... who OT boo'ed on.. special players who can accelerate and actually dribble from standing still position.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I agree Martial is far supieror at the moment but Rashford has real talent. 9 goals this season is a great return. He needs to find some confidence by returning to the thing that broke him into the team in the first place. Seems to be trying to reinvent himself as some kind of Ronaldo wannabee.

ash_86

No.

Simply no.

Rashford is one of the brightest talents coming from our academy since Ravel Morrison. We have to nurture him ourself, not outsource to relegation fodders and destroy his confidence.
I cant even remember a single player benefitting from these loan deals. Januzaj? Ravel Morrison? Welbeck? Cleverly? Pereira (is upset and doesnt wanna come back) ? Frazier Campbell?
Blackett? etc

And Rashford is one of the brightest, he has shown us he can score alot. This season though, he has just been hitting the woodwork alot and making some stupid decisions. But we have to keep nurturing him here at Old trafford. Its not like he has completely stagnated either, has anyone seen his long range shots? its Ronaldo-esque even with more pace. Sick stuff.
No denying his quality. Going on loan is not a bad thing if he gets to play regularly. At the moment we cannot give him minutes on a regular basis, so he can either be happy with 5- 10 mins he's been getting recently or go to a team and be that central player. Even Harry Kane was on loan , where he was able to shine brilliantly.

Antonedwin

I guess he is the one mourinho called immature

He need to realize that The more greedy he is , the more selfish he is , the more brainless he is , the faster he is getting sold to team like stoke.

I don't care how much talent he has , how much pace he has , its all meaningless without footballing brain
Must have one of the Lowest footballing IQ in our team & epl.
Keep making wrong decision in simple situation. Whenever he get close to the box , he confuse what to do ( shoot , pass or beating defender )

Will end up at stoke

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Last 1-2 months he was very poor, his decision making is getting worse and he is becoming more selfish. It isn't bad to have selfish streak but when you keep on ignoring teammates in better position, not sure how much they can take it anymore. Luckily it didn't cost us 2 points this game though.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
I like this kid. Really like him. His raw ability and pace will always cause problems and I think we should persevere with him.
That being said, Lukaku needs to pin him up against the wall and remind him that his job, as a winger, is to provide assists for the main striker, not run into a crowded box and loose possession, every time he gets the ball.

I've noticed a lot of times, in a lot of games, Lukaku's runs and position in the box being ignored and quite a few in the team are guilty of it but Rashford is by far the main culprit in doing this.

JustinC00

When Rashford didn't pass to Lukaku I immediately had flashbacks to the Leicester game and was convinced Burnley would pull level.

There is just no excuse for him not passing the ball to Lukaku and it's troubling because it means he learned absolutely nothing from not passing to Lukaku in the Leicester game which ended up being costly. Not saying Lukaku would have had a goal in the Leicester match but if Rashford passes him the ball and he does put it away it's 3 points won, not 2 points dropped.

roseguy64

Regarding the pass, I didn't have that down as greed. I thought he was reluctant to play it because he might of thought Lukaku was offside or that the defeneder would've intercepted it. He is a greedy player but that's how it came across to me at the time.
Anyone have a video of that moment? @GifLord

RedCurry

His confidence is gone. Doesn’t even seem like he gives a feck. It’s expected from young players though.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Needs to be given a break to sort out his attitude like Fergie did with Ronaldo.

kouroux

I agree Martial is far supieror at the moment but Rashford has real talent. 9 goals this season is a great return. He needs to find some confidence by returning to the thing that broke him into the team in the first place. Seems to be trying to reinvent himself as some kind of Ronaldo wannabee.
Exactly. The worst thing is that it is not working but he keeps persisting with it.

kouroux

All I could find was a pic. Lukaku's onside but in the heat of the moment you could've mistaken him for being off. Well, I did watching live.
If his mind is focused on passing it, I think the offside becomes a non issue. The more you wait, the more space gets compromised.

roseguy64

All I could find was a pic. Lukaku's onside but in the heat of the moment you could've mistaken him for being off. Well, I did watching live.
He needed to play the pass first time. He's received the ball and making a move in that pic instead of doing the smart thing and playing the pass immediately to negate the offside in his mind

Yagami

Good post resistant
If his mind is focused on passing it, I think the offside becomes a non issue. The more you wait, the more space gets compromised.
He needed to play the pass first time. He's received the ball and making a move in that pic instead of doing the smart thing and playing the pass immediately to negate the offside in his mind
True. Though because he's in such poor form he's probably 2nd guessing every decision he makes which didn't help. We just have to hope he learns from these moments.

BigCaine

His confidence is gone. Doesn’t even seem like he gives a feck. It’s expected from young players though.
What exactly is this confidence gone thing people keep referring to, every match he keeps shooting from absurd angles, shooting when he should be passing, trying to dribble through 3-4 people when common sense will tell you make the simple pass. How exactly is this a sign of lack of confidence to me it is more a sign of all the early praise going to his head with a added dose of wannabe Ronaldo-ness. He needs to be dropped from the team for a few games and told to get his act right.

kr0nix

Feel sorry for Lukaku, he has been pulling a real shift for the rest of his teammates of late, yet his teammates don't repay him in kind.

kouroux

What exactly is this confidence gone thing people keep referring to, every match he keeps shooting from absurd angles, shooting when he should be passing, trying to dribble through 3-4 people when common sense will tell you make the simple pass. How exactly is this a sign of lack of confidence to me it is more a sign of all the early praise going to his head with a added dose of wannabe Ronaldo-ness. He needs to be dropped from the team for a few games and told to get his act right.
Not seeing it either. It is more stubborness than anything else.

SwSw

I doubt is his decision making. I don't see him having such problems during the early part of the season. MY guess is him being selfish and trying to out-do Martial and Lukaku.

Ashley R1+O

He's played himself into this position but the rawness and the decimation of the squad under LVG means that he's always one or two spots away form being picked again when he probably needs a bol down to the reserves and to clear his mind for a return. Strange scenario as he looked lightyears ahead of Martial in the attitude/mental strength category early in the season and now it looks like a full role reversal.

I think he'll play his way out of it though, he has the skills and he has the power.

RedCurry

Another way to look at it is that he simply holds on to the ball for too long because he has no confidence in making simple passes?

Natener

I am of the belief that when a player is out of form or low in confidence he should keep things simple. Rashford is doing the opposite.

SATA

His head has gotten too big. He needs to realise his teammates around him are better than him and he's not playing the football alone. I'm surprised the players aren't showing the frustration with his selfish play and all that

FromTheBench

His head has gotten too big. He needs to realise his teammates around him are better than him and he's not playing the football alone. I'm surprised the players aren't showing the frustration with his selfish play and all that
You could have accused a young Cristiano Ronaldo after couple of seasons of doing the same and it become frustrating but bang the next season many of those shots started going in and he became the focal point.

Not saying it will happen with Rashford but he needs to adapt soon. This could be due to lack of confidence or confidence of them going in training.

DdeGoat

Don't think he is taking coming off the bench too well. Trying to do too much on his own. Needs to relax a bit and think about contributing for the team's cause to win his place back.

Werd.

Think his poor decision making and selfishness is a byproduct of his desire to impress.
Bang on. It is infuriating that he repeatedly keeps making the same idiotic/mindless mistakes and isnt learning from them one bit.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Strongly feel he should be left out for a few games. Sadly we have not been in a position to do that.
Fergie used to do it with Ronnie and De Gea.
Just leave him out and let him regain his focus.

mattunited1978

doommonger
Like others have said, the worrying thing is that he dosnt seem to be learning from past experience. Over the last few week, the amount of times he's ignored a relatively simple pass to put lukaku 1 on 1 with the keeper is infuriating. Needs to get his head out of his arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.