Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

He might be happier as a striker but has been wank in that position recently

I don't know how people would watch the game today and take out of it that he is a good striker

Was loads better on the left IMO and hasn't impressed me as a striker recently
Agree completely. He was far better in the second half when he's switched to the left after Sanchez was subbed.

ash_86

He found himself plenty of times infront of the opponent box begging to shoot. He instead starts running at the crowded box with 4-5 defenders. He needs to look back at his videos and learn.

L1nk

Sending him on loan is a silly idea true, but at what point will he get a consistant run of games playing upfront is my worry, he's not displacing Lukaku anytime soon, Martial is, in my opinion, ahead in terms of talent and ability, Sanchez should really be an automatic starter at this point unless his form falls off a cliff, Lingard is playing the better football.

The only way i see him getting consistant, non bit part football especially in his apparent preferred position, is major injuries to our key players. You' have to assume Ibra is gone in the summer, possibly even Mata, and then I wonder if we will also bring in another attacking player to cover those 2 losses.

Luke1995

I don't understand those calling him greedy. Individual moments also can win games. Plus, he's a kid, he just wants to show what he can do. Played really well and I wouldn't put it past him to become a starter.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I don't understand those calling him greedy. Individual moments also can win games. Plus, he's a kid, he just wants to show what he can do. Played really well and I wouldn't put it past him to become a starter.
He's not some kid getting his one or two games out of the season to show what he can do to train with the seniors next year. He was a starter, and lost his place. Now is not the time to be a headless chicken trying to show everything you can do and just play smart. That's how he has a chance to get back in the starting line up. He's not good enough to take on players left and right and score consistently without putting the team in danger, so just make the correct decisions.

manunited1919

Took his goal well. Some players would not have followed through. They would have just assumed the defence or goal keeper would deal with it.
He received the ball from Alexis, but couldn’t get out a shot or pass i back, and lost control of the ball. He then sneaked up on the defender and took advantage of a defensive mistake. That’s not a well taken goal. But hopefully it lifts his confidence.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Was more just using Rashford as an example of saying how we recently have fecked up counter after counter while Sanchez showed his experience and composure in picking the right pass. Could've said Pogba too and the point would've been the same. Both of them feck up so many counters by choosing to shoot it or wait way too long to pass and kill the move. Sanchez did the simple pass which is often the correct decision and we scored.
OK I've heard people repeatedly mention Pogba as among players who feck up conter attacks with silly decision which is clearly wrong. While that might be true for the game against Burnley which was very uncharacteristic of him(frustration also had something to do with the way he play), Pogba is normally sound in his passing and decision making in the final third.

With the likes of Rashford it's a serious weakness he has to iron out but not the case with Pogba. He simply had a bad game against Burnley.

yfoFC

OK I've heard people repeatedly mention Pogba as among players who feck up conter attacks with silly decision which is clearly wrong. While that might be true for the game against Burnley which was very uncharacteristic of him(frustration also had something to do with the way he play), Pogba is normally sound in his passing and decision making in the final third.

With the likes of Rashford it's a serious weakness he has to iron out but not the case with Pogba. He simply had a bad game against Burnley.
Thank you, grouping pogba alongside rashford for just the one mistake against butnley is nuts

dogwithabone

Got to lift his head. It does look as though he’s trying too hard to make an impression.

He needs to relax, keep it simple when he has to and maybe play with a bit more of a smile.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He needs someone that can coach him technique, positioning etc.. because he is incredibly raw. Mourinho prefers players who don't need as much coaching on the technical/tactical front and that is why, for me.. going on loan isn't as bad an option as some are making out - provided he is given a proper mentor with a proven track record in bringing through young strikers. Arguably too early to go for this option yet, but it isn't impossible.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I don't think there is any huge issue with Rashford making wrong decisions, he is still only 20 after all. He is still proving that he is a talent who could actually make it here, and i certainly think he is an important squad player for us. No way would i loan him out at this point.

OldTrevil

He's getting enough game time to discount loan idea but his decision making has been off for a while that the idea becomes less of a no-go with every game. Hopefully the goal calms him down so he can go back to enjoying his football without feeling like a goal is the only notable thing he can do.

Nickosaur

Got to lift his head. It does look as though he’s trying too hard to make an impression.

He needs to relax, keep it simple when he has to and maybe play with a bit more of a smile.
And we've seen him play with a smile, playing with confidence, which is why I'm not worried. I just think he's in a bit of bad form and trying to force things. Hopefully the goal will give him a boost and maybe he'll play things simpler going forwards.

Luckily our other attacking players are in great form, but that's another reason why he's getting frustrated and trying too hard.

ZupZup

The lack of patience some fans here seem to have with our players is astounding.

It’s like the way Lingard has improved has taught them nothing. This talk of loans when we are dealing with a talented 20 year old who is getting loads of minutes for us.

The negative media reaction we would get and the shit from other fans if we actually did send him out on loan... and we’d actually deserve all of it.

Red_Beans

Young players go through dips in form. It happened to Martial earlier in the season and will happen to him again. Rashford will improve again but patience is needed. I think Mourinho has done a fantastic job with both so far

Red_Beans

The lack of patience some fans here seem to have with our players is astounding.

It’s like the way Lingard has improved has taught them nothing. This talk of loans when we are dealing with a talented 20 year old who is getting loads of minutes for us.

The negative media reaction we would get and the shit from other fans if we actually did send him out on loan... and we’d actually deserve all of it.
This. Seeing the same thing with Mctominay at the moment as well

Greck

He needs someone that can coach him technique, positioning etc.. because he is incredibly raw. Mourinho prefers players who don't need as much coaching on the technical/tactical front and that is why, for me.. going on loan isn't as bad an option as some are making out - provided he is given a proper mentor with a proven track record in bringing through young strikers. Arguably too early to go for this option yet, but it isn't impossible.
Which is a shame. When he downplayed Shaw's assist as him doing the thinking for him, got me thinking that if his guidance could get Shaw to play that way then he'd be a great teacher if he could be bothered.

Of course questions still had to be asked if Shaw had the hunger to learn at anywhere besides the buffet table.

haram

I dont understand, is all of our forwards being more productive down to us signing Matic? I think these types of comments are a bit of a disservice to our manager.

rotherham_red

This. A million times, this.

Charles Miller

Admin deleted my post regarding the silly loan idea because it was full of abuse words.

That’s how ridiculous this loan talk is.

A united player played loaned out will feel it as a downgrade and be demotivated. I cant remember any of our academy players benefitting from loan deals.

Rash is our future, whoever is pushing this loan idea needs to watch more football. simple as that.
Is not only Rashford. Take a look in the transfer thread of any young player linked with United. A lot of "football-Einsteins" are there calling the players average, pointing only their weakness, etc..you can see that many of those fans never saw a top player developing, they think everybody need to be Messi.

Do you remember Leroy Sane thread some months ago? Everybody mocking him?

vangagal

Admin deleted my post regarding the silly loan idea because it was full of abuse words.

That’s how ridiculous this loan talk is.

A united player played loaned out will feel it as a downgrade and be demotivated. I cant remember any of our academy players benefitting from loan deals.

Rash is our future, whoever is pushing this loan idea needs to watch more football. simple as that.
Oh really? so Beckham is not good enough because he got loan to PNE?
Did Pique turn out to be a dud after his loan to Zaragoza?
Did Lingard turn out to be a fecking joke now?
Talk to Alaba, Lahm how they felt after Bayern loaned them out, did they turn into a donkey afterwards?
If any player feel demotivated after getting loan out from United then he shouldn't be a United player in first place. He's not getting sold just loan out to other team ffs. Prove it on the pitch you got what to be a United player. Right now, the problem with Rashford is he playing full of himself, so fecking selfish.
Loan is not the worst idea in the world right now, but we short of number upfront so this seems unlikely.
If the talent with Rashford really there with him he will thrive through time no matter what, even if he get loan in the future. Right now the priority is the team not nurturing Rashford into a world beater(even i doubt that).

acnumber9

Oh really? so Beckham is not good enough because he got loan to PNE?
Did Pique turn out to be a dud after his loan to Zaragoza?
Did Lingard turn out to be a fecking joke now?
Talk to Alaba, Lahm how they felt after Bayern loaned them out, did they turn into a donkey afterwards?
If any player feel demotivated after getting loan out from United then he shouldn't be a United player in first place. He's not getting sold just loan out to other team ffs. Prove it on the pitch you got what to be a United player. Right now, the problem with Rashford is he playing full of himself, so fecking selfish.
Loan is not the worst idea in the world right now, but we short of number upfront so this seems unlikely.
If the talent with Rashford really there with him he will thrive through time no matter what, even if he get loan in the future. Right now the priority is the team not nurturing Rashford into a world beater(even i doubt that).
Beckham and Pique had a grand total of 11 appearances between them before they were loaned. It’s not the same as loaning out a player who has played in every single game Utd have played this season and has over 100 appearances at 20.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It's quite annoying that he started the season so well by being more selfless, but he seems to have gotten a bit more greedy in the last few months.

I do wonder if some mouth-breathing member of the England coaching staff told him that he needed to be more selfish to be a top striker a-la Shearer's comments on the BBC.
It seemed to happen as soon as Martial seemed to get the edge on him for the starting role. Which then obviously just cemented the fact that Martial had moved ahead of him in the pecking order.

vangagal

Beckham and Pique had a grand total of 11 appearances between them before they were loaned. It’s not the same as loaning out a player who has played in every single game Utd have played this season and has over 100 appearances at 20.
So whats your point? My point is not how many times they played prior to loan but they keep their head down and improved into better players. The point he made before was player will get demotivated is a joke itself. He could become Rooney then if counting how many matches they played before 20 is the parameter so no point of loan him out.

haram

So whats your point? My point is not how many times they played prior to loan but they keep their head down and improved into better players. The point he made before was player will get demotivated is a joke itself. He could become Rooney then if counting how many matches they played before 20 is the parameter so no point of loan him out.
How does it make sense to loan out a player the manager uses every game?

acnumber9

The point is those players were sent out because they weren’t playing for the first team. Rashford is. On the point of Rooney do you think he would’ve reacted well to being sent on loan after he’d played 100 games for Utd?

Of course it would be a kick in the balls for a player with over 100 appearances for the first team to be sent on loan. How many examples of players of that type being sent on loan and coming back and being a success can you give? I can think of Wilshere who was sent on loan because he was constantly injured but nobody else.

Luke1995

He's not some kid getting his one or two games out of the season to show what he can do to train with the seniors next year. He was a starter, and lost his place. Now is not the time to be a headless chicken trying to show everything you can do and just play smart. That's how he has a chance to get back in the starting line up. He's not good enough to take on players left and right and score consistently without putting the team in danger, so just make the correct decisions.
I get from where you're coming from, but he probably is thinking if he scores one great goal or does some great dribbles he will get picked more often, it must be frustrating for him to get fewer chances at an age where he needs to be playing. Yeah, he needs to mature, but so does Martial.

automaticflare

Young players go through dips in form. It happened to Martial earlier in the season and will happen to him again. Rashford will improve again but patience is needed. I think Mourinho has done a fantastic job with both so far
100% agree here and why so important to keep both and keep giving them both minute. They will both be inconsistent at times like all wingers are even more so cos they are young and laerning. Jose has done a super job!

NotQuiteManc

Hopefully with Sanchez' arrival, it will alleviate some of the pressure of the kid, and raises his and others' games overall. I think like some said, he is trying too hard, and seen complaining to the ref too much. I think he is feeling the pressure, and probably as a (still) kid, he is looking for reassurances for his performances. He needs to be managed so he will grow as a player, and as a person well instead of becoming like one of those of "too much too soon".

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Hopefully with Sanchez' arrival, it will alleviate some of the pressure of the kid, and raises his and others' games overall. I think like some said, he is trying too hard, and seen complaining to the ref too much. I think he is feeling the pressure, and probably as a (still) kid, he is looking for reassurances for his performances. He needs to be managed so he will grow as a player, and as a person well instead of becoming like one of those of "too much too soon".
I think the fortunate part is that this is still happening early in his career. He didn't really take off to a point where he could feel comfortable. He did get overhyped a bit coming out of the gates, but to get a little reality check at the tender age of 20 should ultimately benefit him. He strikes me as a kid with a strong attitude and being around a guy like Sanchez and seeing a guy like Martial manage to get out from the bench will motivate him. If he improves his decision-making, he could be part of a Martial-Sanchez-Rashford support for Lukaku.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Loaning out Rashford is a fecking stupid idea. It's worrying there are some on here who think it would be a good idea.
Exactly. He’s scored 10 goals so far this season, which is more than many experienced players score in a whole season playing in the same position.

I’d expect him to get at least another 5-6 goals minimum before the end of the season which will be great return for a young player still finding his feet.

He’s doing fine. People are idiots.

JK-27

I've heard plenty of players say Jose is a great 'man manager' but he's chewed out Rashford a couple of times, and publicly said Rashford couldn't have made the kind of passes Sanchez made against Yeovil. That doesn't sound like 'man management' to me, sounds like bullying.

From what I can see Rashford is trying so hard now and trying to dribble past everyone to prove how good he is to Jose because Jose keeps calling him out, and this means he is forgetting to keep it simple. I think if Jose was more positive about Rashford he might calm down and stop trying to take on all the defenders in the world.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Exactly. He’s scored 10 goals so far this season, which is more than many experienced players score in a whole season playing in the same position.

I’d expect him to get at least another 5-6 goals minimum before the end of the season which will be great return for a young player still finding his feet.

He’s doing fine. People are idiots.
That's just stupid, before yesterday he scored something like 3 in 21, he scored most of his goals at the start of the season he's very obviously been doing worse since then. Like any member of the first team he needs to be criticised for his performances, he gets leeway for most things but his greed is inexcusable. Labelling people idiots because they're rightly concerned about some of his plays is unfair, everyone here wants him to succeed and to succeed he has to cut out some mistakes in his game.

Tapori

This.
He is still seeing runners and passing well but it's the extra 10 percent of seeing THAT pass at THAT crucial time.
Will do fine. Love his temperament. Will improve working with the whole team and Alexis will certainly boost his ability to leanr different techniques and passing angles and reading of the game.

I think with Martial scoring Rashers thinks he HAS to score more.
Anyone recommending a loan deal is horrendously wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.