5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

desirere

A loan to a good PL side would do him a world of good but people are greedy, they want him here & performing.

I've seen this over the years with many of our young talent. When someone suggests a loan it is shot down and in the end those players fade away only for a new one to take his place.

From my point of view a good loan is always a good option for a young talent. Crucial game time and broadening of perspectives of how football works in the lower tier. There are obviously arguments against but its rather subjective and dependent on the player but quite a lot of great players went on loans to hone their skills.

Rashford unfortunately can't go on loan because we simply have just enough of space for him.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I've heard plenty of players say Jose is a great 'man manager' but he's chewed out Rashford a couple of times, and publicly said Rashford couldn't have made the kind of passes Sanchez made against Yeovil. That doesn't sound like 'man management' to me, sounds like bullying.

From what I can see Rashford is trying so hard now and trying to dribble past everyone to prove how good he is to Jose because Jose keeps calling him out, and this means he is forgetting to keep it simple. I think if Jose was more positive about Rashford he might calm down and stop trying to take on all the defenders in the world.
Mourinho has said a hell of a lot worse to Martial and Shaw and they've come out better for it. Mourinho has also been more positive about Rashford than he has about them two put together. If Mourinho didn't like Rashford, then he wouldn't have played in every single game so far this season.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
That's just stupid, before yesterday he scored something like 3 in 21, he scored most of his goals at the start of the season he's very obviously been doing worse since then. Like any member of the first team he needs to be criticised for his performances, he gets leeway for most things but his greed is inexcusable. Labelling people idiots because they're rightly concerned about some of his plays is unfair, everyone here wants him to succeed and to succeed he has to cut out some mistakes in his game.
I wasn’t saying that people were idiots for calling out his bad form, I was calling people idiots for suggesting he be loaned out!

Mata has been shocking in his goals and assists tally, should he be loaned out too?

His form has seen him quite rightly benched. Why would anyone want to see the lad sent out on loan? It’s a ridiculous notion.

haram

I've heard plenty of players say Jose is a great 'man manager' but he's chewed out Rashford a couple of times, and publicly said Rashford couldn't have made the kind of passes Sanchez made against Yeovil. That doesn't sound like 'man management' to me, sounds like bullying.

From what I can see Rashford is trying so hard now and trying to dribble past everyone to prove how good he is to Jose because Jose keeps calling him out, and this means he is forgetting to keep it simple. I think if Jose was more positive about Rashford he might calm down and stop trying to take on all the defenders in the world.
Mourinho protected him a week ago saying he isn't worried and that Rashford is scoring some great goals in training.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I wasn’t saying that people were idiots for calling out his bad form, I was calling people idiots for suggesting he be loaned out!

Mata has been shocking in his goals and assists tally, should he be loaned out too?

His form has seen him quite rightly benched. Why would anyone want to see the lad sent out on loan? It’s a ridiculous notion.
My bad, yeah the loan calls are pretty daft, lack of quality depth in attack would show if he was loaned out.

OldTrevil

He's been with the kid for almost two years now, I'm sure he knows the best way to get what he wants out of him. He also publicly praised him in the past as the type of character he likes so you can rest assured that he knows what he is doing with Rashers.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
My bad, yeah the loan calls are pretty daft, lack of quality depth in attack would show if he was loaned out.
I fully agree with you by the way mate. He has been awful and 100% deserves his spot on the bench. I just don’t get some posters (not yours) logic on loaning him out.

kidbob

He's too good to go out on loan. He's forcing the issue a bit these past few games but he's still very young with huge potential. Ronnie wasn't exactly known for his great decision making at the same age. I think he's been handled very well and I'd rather it take a couple of years for him to fully blossom than for him to have a Rooney type trajectory. Not that he'll ever reach the level of the 2 mentioned but he's on course to become a very important player for us in the future and he's already a great option to have.

yfoFC

Jose hasn't even begun to do/say half of what he did to shaw and martial when they "weren't giving him what he wants" last season... see how they've turned out

If you ask me, rashford has even been cuddled so far this season during his poor run of form. His poor form is down to him alone and not Jose

yfoFC

I get from where you're coming from, but he probably is thinking if he scores one great goal or does some great dribbles he will get picked more often, it must be frustrating for him to get fewer chances at an age where he needs to be playing. Yeah, he needs to mature, but so does Martial.
How does this add up?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So much talk about him not doing this or that well and talk about a loan is just daft. He's a 20 year old kid having a very natural learning curve. The best thing for him would be for everyone to stop putting his performances under the microscope and let him grow at his own pace. He's a precocious talent but not all talents like him kick on and become a complete player at a young age. He's got a lot he needs to work on and I'm sure he's doing just that but it's best to look at what he's achieved so far and look forward to him fulfilling his potential than criticise him for not getting it all right now at the age of 20. Ronaldo at the same age was still very frustrating and managed to score 12 goals in a season which was a great return in the same role Rashford plays.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
How does this add up?
Because any criticism of Rashford has to include Martial in its rebuttal in some way, much like it was the other way around in the Martial thread.

Greck

Because any criticism of Rashford has to include Martial in its rebuttal in some way, much like it was the other way around in the Martial thread.
Looks like we'll now start hearing Pogba's name in those rebuttals

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
So much talk about him not doing this or that well and talk about a loan is just daft. He's a 20 year old kid having a very natural learning curve. The best thing for him would be for everyone to stop putting his performances under the microscope and let him grow at his own pace. He's a precocious talent but not all talents like him kick on and become a complete player at a young age. He's got a lot he needs to work on and I'm sure he's doing just that but it's best to look at what he's achieved so far and look forward to him fulfilling his potential than criticise him for not getting it all right now at the age of 20. Ronaldo at the same age was still very frustrating and managed to score 12 goals in a season which was a great return in the same role Rashford plays.
Well said.

Swift Football

I am a big critic of Rashford. Fpex
If you play for a PL club, Let alone United, everybody will judge your game, young or old. So asking everyone to stop evaluating his performace is just stupid. Even for his growth, his performances has to be assessed.
The real problem is people see him as striker and wants him to start as center forward. As good as he is, he is never going to contribute enough to start week in week out for United. So, how will he get game time, naturally out wide. Like it or not, he will play as wide striker for us and compete with others like Martial and Sanchez.
Next season, we are almost sure to bring in one more attacker on the right, and then it will get interesting, also with ANgel Gomez pushing for first team place. I am personally not a fan of sending him on loan, where he will have lots of responsibilities and his growth could go wayward. But , next to next season, when playing time is hard to come by and he matures a little bit, a loan move could be the best move.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why would people think a loan would do him good when he's still got loads of playing time this season, and has been very decently productive in all competitions? He's going through a bad run, whatever, but he still makes an impact and gives us a different option in the attack which is what you need. He can only improve by training with players like Sanchez now, and it should motivate him to work harder to try and get in now. He's still really young anyway, and physically still developing a lot, so he's got a ways to go before being able to be the lone striker IMO, but he'll be fine long term.

dogwithabone

This.
He is still seeing runners and passing well but it's the extra 10 percent of seeing THAT pass at THAT crucial time.
Will do fine. Love his temperament. Will improve working with the whole team and Alexis will certainly boost his ability to leanr different techniques and passing angles and reading of the game.

I think with Martial scoring Rashers thinks he HAS to score more.
Anyone recommending a loan deal is horrendously wrong.

Definitely forget a loan deal. He’s too good to be loaned.

You may well have a point re Martial. Every goal he scores is another blow to Rashford and in fairness if it was the other way around we may well see Martial playing a bit more anxiously, as we have done at times in the past.

fellaini's barber

How does it make sense to loan out a player the manager uses every game?
Makes a lot of sense if we buy a better and more experienced player, preferably an actual winger in his play while he improves himself somewhere he can get regular gametime

bosnian_red

Makes a lot of sense if we buy a better and more experienced player, preferably an actual winger in his play while he improves himself somewhere he can get regular gametime
Buy someone to replace Rashford's role as an impact sub? And then what do we do with Rashford when he comes back from loan? Just further down the pecking order? He's almost in double figures for both goals and assists this season, and largely been a sub for the past 3 months. He's fine as a squad player here. Sending him out on loan and buying someone to replace him on the bench would be the most pointless thing and probably lead to him leaving eventually.

Foxbatt

He should learn from Eric who said that the best thing when you are off form is to do the simple things. Rashford over complicates the whole thing. He should remember that this is a team game. If he passes the ball to team mates in better positions then he is contributing to the game. Now he thinks he has to score to contribute to the game. I am sure Jose has recognized that he is being too selfish and that is why he has said about his decision making in public too.
The Press made him the best English player and this and that and I think this has gone to his head.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Form has followed a similar pattern to last season tbh. Bright start, and then largely poor and wasteful from then on. He improved at the end of the season so maybe same again this year.

eat_grass

Strange that Rashford finally got the central striker role against Yeovil, then proceeded to spend ages farther on the left wing than even Sanchez (who started there). Poor kid. I think sometimes we ask or expect way too much of him. He's currently more suited to a well-defined role than a roaming attacking position, to help him keep it simple.

littleman

He's still adjusting, I'm actually fairly happy with him this season. I was not convinced he'd be a top drawer player immediately, especially as it seems like he was still growing physically just 2 years ago. He is going to need to get better accustomed to his frame and build around that.

I still think he has the potential to be a top starting striker for us, but that depends on his performances over the next 2 seasons.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Aaaaand we are now entering the ever predictable caf cycle as it pertains to our own products. I expect full on scapegoating before the seasons end and to go on for about 2 seasons thereafter.

prath92

He still has 10 goals and 8 assists in all competitions so not a bad return for a 20 year old

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
He still has 10 goals and 8 assists in all competitions so not a bad return for a 20 year old
Exactly, he's nowhere near his playing peak yet - just because he doesn't look as bright as his first season, doesn't mean we've not seen the best of him yet - and as you say, his contribution has been decent enough for now.

ReallyUSA

Hasn't stepped up to the unreasonable challenge, but it worked out in the end. We got Sanchize, Rashford gets to be used as a 20 year should be, and now the Caf can't do what we do and hate on a child.

RooneyLegend

Why are people so against a loan move? IMO the only way he'll end up being a world class player for us is if he's a striker and him playing wide most of the time due to our new expensive striker wont help him that much. On top of that we have signed one of the best attackers in the league in Sanchez with Martial and Lingard around too. He was struggling for starts before Sanchez, after him its going to get worse, let alone starts up top. Many La liga sides would kill to have a striker like him around and he'd sharpen his game in that aspect. There are some good football sides in that league that struggle with someone to lead the line. he'd be perfect for them and would come back a better player. Take Morata for example, the loan for Juve ended up with him being a 58 million quid player.

bosnian_red

Why are people so against a loan move? IMO the only way he'll end up being a world class player for us is if he's a striker and him playing wide most of the time due to our new expensive striker wont help him that much. On top of that we have signed one of the best attackers in the league in Sanchez with Martial and Lingard around too. He was struggling for starts before Sanchez, after him its going to get worse, let alone starts up top. Many La liga sides would kill to have a striker like him around and he'd sharpen his game in that aspect. There are some good football sides in that league that struggle with someone to lead the line. he'd be perfect for them and would come back a better player. Take Morata for example, the loan for Juve ended up with him being a 58 million quid player.
Why loan him when he's still getting plenty of games and having an impact for us? Send him out on loan and we suddenly need someone on our bench who does what he does. So itd be pointless. Might helphim marginally but he'll be fine. We're better off keeping him as a squad player til he develops enough. Still very young so shouldn't expect to start all the time anyway.

People are acting like Martial is now the finished article and Rashford will never get another chance. Martial will have bad patches, Rashford will get more opportunities, he just needs to start taking them.

My worry is where do we develop him. He doesn't have the strikers instinct, and that's not something you can train into him. I think if he has a future with us it's as a winger/wide forward.

yfoFC

Form has followed a similar pattern to last season tbh. Bright start, and then largely poor and wasteful from then on. He improved at the end of the season so maybe same again this year.
This

People are now acting like this is the first time his form has gone south whereas for large parts of last season he was also poor, his end to the season glossed over the over all play through the whole year

Let's hope he has a similar resurgence this season

RooneyLegend

Why loan him when he's still getting plenty of games and having an impact for us? Send him out on loan and we suddenly need someone on our bench who does what he does. So itd be pointless. Might helphim marginally but he'll be fine. We're better off keeping him as a squad player til he develops enough. Still very young so shouldn't expect to start all the time anyway.
We wont need anyone as we've just added Sanchez into the squad. Our new shiny toy needs his minutes and it's reasonable to assume that the one player that is contributing the least at this point will be the one to suffer the most. On top of that very few of of his minutes are actually as a no 9. Can't see that changing any time soon tbh.

SteveW

Why the hell would he go on loan? He plays in literally every game. Young players have runs of bad form. People need to just chill out

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He's playing most games for us at the moment - feel like loaning him out would essentially just be giving another team a massive advantage. Even if he's far from world class he's been a fairly dependable squad option for us this season.

Lukaku's a young player himself and ideally he's going to be leading the line for us for a bit - Rashford will probably featured out on the wings regularly barring injuries to Lukaku, especially since Mourinho likes hard-working players who can be adaptable, able to contribute to the whole team etc.

jb8521

I wish people would make up their minds about whether he should be viewed as a kid or not, at the moment it seems like a lot of the people saying he shouldn't be viewed as a kid if he's a member of the first team are the same ones slating him if he shows any kind of frustration on the pitch saying he has no right to do so and it shows a bad attitude but have no problem with the older players doing the exact same thing

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
People are acting like Martial is now the finished article and Rashford will never get another chance. Martial will have bad patches, Rashford will get more opportunities, he just needs to start taking them.

My worry is where do we develop him. He doesn't have the strikers instinct, and that's not something you can train into him. I think if he has a future with us it's as a winger/wide forward.
How doesn't he have the strikers instinct?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Aside from his pretty shocking scoring rate?

He misses far too many easy chances and he doesn't have that knack of being in the right place at the right time.
I don’t agree. He has an expected goal ratio this season of 4,5 and 4 goals in the PL. I would argue that its harsh to clame that he misses «far too many chances». It needs to improve, but its not that bad for a 20 year old. Most players improve their goal scoring record significantly from 20 to 24ish.

With regards to «dont have knack of being in the right place» he has not played striker either.

Wonder how people in here would have rated a 20 year old Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.