5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStarUnited

Ive watched that moment about 10 times and I cant think of a good reason why he messed it up.

I mean even after the Martial pass was gone, he could still have cut it back to Mata.

redIndianDevil

I don't see him capable of leading the line as a sole striker, at all. He's fantastic as a left-sided attacker though. I think Martial would do better alone upfront, even if that's not ideal either. Both would work in a 442 playing off a main striker, but then we'd need to have actual wide players and full backs.
He is a crap left winger to be honest. All he has is raw pace. Typical mid-table PL player life is what's in store for Rashford especially under Mourinho.

dove

I was happy when we finally got rid of Welbeck but now we got another one. Great :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not a single premier league side would use him as their main striker if they had him on loan. He's not capable of playing as a lone striker. It's not a case of him playing on the wings and not being used to it. He just flat out doesn't know how to play as a lone striker.

Foxbatt

All he need was to pass to Martial and then it is up to Martial. No he wanted the glory and the angle was poor and he is not as half good as he is made to be.

Gbenger

I wonder if people asking that we play him on the left wing have so short memories. He is shit there too. He overruns the ball and his pace is not enough against most fullbacks there.

Rashford plays shit as CF? Play him on the wing. He is better out wide.

Rashford looks dogshit on the wing? He has always been a striker. The middle is his best position.

The truth: Rashford is just a decent footballer who scores from time to time. He is poor at every other thing because he is limited technically and makes far too many incorrect decisions.

Bonus: he runs a lot too.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Barely troubled Brighton. Shocking decision making. If he thinks he should be getting more chances right now he's wrong.

maniwin

Pace merchant and have very low footballing IQ. He will end up at teams like West Ham , Everton or Stoke in the future , does anyone want to bet against me ?

ti vu

Not a single premier league side would use him as their main striker if they had him on loan. He's not capable of playing as a lone striker. It's not a case of him playing on the wings and not being used to it. He just flat out doesn't know how to play as a lone striker.
Not exactly. He has no answer so organized compact defend. He can do a job against team leaving space in behind with us feeding him through ball. Or LVG style of expanding the pitch with passing, have Fellaini get into position up top while he ghosts into space for a cut back, knock back... Of course, with LVG football the chance creation is consistently low

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It pains me to watch how ruthless Liverpool can be then see our attackers fumbling around yet again

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
It was funny to see him linked to Real in the media when what he really could do with is a season long loan at a midtable club to improve his decision making.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Too reliant on his pace to be effective against a deep defense with giant defenders. Needs to bulk up in the next 2-3 years or he will not make it in this team. Great potential but struggles to impose himself.

dove

Not exactly. He has no answer so organized compact defend. He can do a job against team leaving space in behind with us feeding him through ball. Or LVG style of expanding the pitch with passing, have Fellaini get into position up top while he ghosts into space for a cut back, knock back... Of course, with LVG football the chance creation is consistently low
So basically what you are saying is, Rashford is good if opposition is stupid enough to leave him unmarked.

el3mel

That stupid chance that he didn't pass to Martial proves he learned square root of nothing from the Leicester game.

haram

His decision making at times... all he had to do was pass it...

That being said, he clearly isn’t good enough to be the lone number 9 anyway.

ash_86

He's nowhere ready for United. He needs to go on loan where he could learn about importance of chances. Kane, Lukaku all did that before they went onto lead the line.

Based Adnan

And yet people question why he isn't starting week in week out. Still has a massive challenge ahead of him to see if he makes it at United.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Decent player with thick pig shit for Brains.

Oh and Marcus, you’re a winger not a striker, so stop sulking and get on with it. Idiot.

Hephaestus

Ive watched that moment about 10 times and I cant think of a good reason why he messed it up.

I mean even after the Martial pass was gone, he could still have cut it back to Mata.
Think he thought that the defender was closer to Martial than he actually was so tried to fake him out to either get a better angle for himself or a clear pass to Martial. Was a terrible decision cos he should have been able to easily pick out Martial.

yardieUnited

He needs a good coach, a coach who can build an offensive minded team, who can tell him where to run and etc.

Mourinho just let the players attack how they want to.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The emotion of a terrible performance is making everyone's comments a little too harsh I think.

It is games like this that show the difference a Lukaku strong type of player makes.
Rashford has some poor decision making unfortunately.

He did so well to even create that chance, but dithered horribly when a simple ball to Martial was beyond obvious.

Charles Miller

Those young players need to be regular starters or they tend to stagnate in this crucial period of their careers.

Ashley R1+O

That was bad play that he didn't square the ball to Martial, unfortunate as it was a big chance. Can see why Jose seems to prefer him to Martial. Rashford is further along mentally

ti vu

So basically what you are saying is, Rashford is good if opposition is stupid enough to leave him unmarked.
Let's not pretend all teams would adapt to opposition. Certain teams making similar mistake all the time. There are managers moaning about the opposition ain't playing the way that would let them win the game the way they want to...

Trizy

Pace merchant and have very low footballing IQ. He will end up at teams like West Ham , Everton or Stoke in the future , does anyone want to bet against me ?
I've been saying this since last season. He's showed nothing for me that makes me believe he'll be class one day.

He's not good enough to be a striker and not good enough to be a winger. He's a pace merchant who has a lucky start to his United career. He'll end up a midtable player.

Gbenger

I would like to bet with you. I posted this in another thread.

There is no Rashford vs Martial debate. There was a thread for that but it got closed once Martial came out on top. I asked you because I cannot understand how you still think Rashford is better than Martial as LF when we all saw who won the competition between them. I can dig up posts if you continue to deny the truth.

There's no justification for playing Rashford anywhere (on the left, or as a striker) to be honest. Lukaku and Martial as better as strikers. Sanchez and Martial are better than him on the left too.

What are Rashford core qualities that make him suited to any position at all? and which position is that?

ash_86

Needs a loan to figure out his best position. Let him run, fight , frustrate , learn playing for smaller clubs. It' would be quite valuable for him in the long run.

lsd

The Oracle

He went to pass he knew it was the only option and then greed and ego set in and you literally saw him change his mind rather than give Martial the glory of a goal.

He should have been substituted straight away to learn his lesson and he certainly should not be in the cup final team .

After that I wouldn't have him in the squad

He is supposed to be a professional footballer at Manchester United not a child on the park

el3mel

He wants all the glory for himself. Has been like that since about November. It's not the first time we see him that selfish, we have complained about this loads of time. Problem is he was never like that the last 2 seasons and if he continued with this way of developing, thinking about taking full glory for himself even if his teammate is in better position, his future won't be that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.