5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghagua

He killed at least three counter attacks by just stood still with the ball, then passing BACK. And that offside position was just awful.

He's still young, but he shouldn't be our only back up striker, if we want to mount serious challenge next season.
Most of the replies said it was a daft comparison.

With the age Rashford is and how he broke through, he's bound to have a rough period. Problem is bar the odd game the period has been about two years. I think people would be a lot more forgiving if he hadn't been so selfish for most of the year. Could have had four or five assists if he passed to people in better positions and it would overall have been seen as a good season for him. Hopefully next season he will be better in that regard.
He has started to believe his own hype. His greediness is not the lack of experience or ability or his age, it's just pure greed which is a detriment to the team. I know strikers have to be greedy, but that's when they have to put away a chance. It looks like Rashford is doing it so others don't get the glory. Love Rashford and was thrilled when he broke into the team, but that shite needs to be sorted out and soon.

manunited1919

At this point, I’m hoping he goes out on loan for a year, but not to the Championship. Loan him to another EPL team, or send him out to another league where he can improve his decision making.

He may have talent, but at this time he is not good enough to be getting starts at MUFC.

maniwin

Ultimate pace merchant , people keep talking about Lukaku first touch but this guy isn't much better. He wouldn't let Mata scores a tap in if the position was reversed.

Canagel

I'd rather have Zaha over him. Send him on loan to Crystal Palace and we get Zaha back.

AP88

Supports
Man City
I'd rather have Zaha over him. Send him on loan to Crystal Palace and we get Zaha back.
Sign Vardy, loan Rashford to Leicester - he needs to mature and isn’t going to do it under Mourinho playing sporadically all over the place.

Sir Scott McToMinay

How are you qualified to make this statement?
Just common sense.
Nothing good comes out of this, not for the player, not for the manager, nor for the team.
You don’t mess with a young attacker’s confidence like this, whose numbers are his forte.
The lad played the greatest game of his career against our biggest rival, then gets benched.
How is that not a terrible man management exactly?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That's true. However, it was just an example (an extreme one) that there is a tendency to go overboard with some of our players and then we equally like to put them down even more harshly than they deserve it. So, maybe part of the problem is also with people's expectations.

Agree pretty much with everything you said down, though. Selfishness is one of the traits which will be somewhat tolerated to you only if you bang many goals in, no matter which age you are.
I would also say it'd be tolerated if the player decided to shoot from a good position instead of passing it and this regardless of him being prolific or not because you would still want your attacker to keep trying. The issue with Rashford is that a big part of his greediness is based on not passing the ball to teammates who are in a much much better position to take a shot at least.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I also think that zaha is better player. Currently. Age thing about rashford is overrated. This is his 3rd season in first team with huge amount of minutes played. For me that excuse is over. Next year he should and must prove is he man utd first 11 material or not. He must deliver regulary.
And i don't see him as a striker at all. He has skill, speed and solid finishing. Everything what inside forward needs. He must work, and i mean really work on his decision making and consistency this summer.

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

Funny how people want Zaha back now when so many wrote him off when he was young n learnin'.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I also think that zaha is better player. Currently. Age thing about rashford is overrated. This is his 3rd season in first team with huge amount of minutes played. For me that excuse is over. Next year he should and must prove is he man utd first 11 material or not. He must deliver regulary.
And i don't see him as a striker at all. He has skill, speed and solid finishing. Everything what inside forward needs. He must work, and i mean really work on his decision making and consistency this summer.
Age thing is not overrated. He is just 20 and had a good season.

Contributing 22 goals and assists (most of it from left wing) is a very good return for a 20 year old.

Obviously there are some glaring weakness in his game which is his inability to release the ball to the player in better position but it will improve with more experience. He is trying way too hard and with more experience and maturity his decision making will improve. We have to show bit of patience with young players, not every 20 year old will be world beater, in fact when you check some of the best players, you will see many of them were not regulars at very young age and many of them were playing in smaller leagues.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

That's a very good return at OT.

Ofcourse our "fans" have written him off at 20. Really needs to improve be less selfish and improve his decision making though. Clearly had a better season than last one though, hoping for an improvement for next season.

There's also a bias at Caf. Most of the experts here would have no hesitation in buying Asensio at 60m right now inspite of him being two years older, playing in a more attacking team and having less goals and assists per minute in the League and the Champions League.

kps88

Zaha's five years older. You'd have been tearing your hair out seeing Zaha play over here when he was 20.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

Ofcourse our "fans" have written him off at 20. Really needs to improve be less selfish and improve his decision making though. Clearly had a better season than last one though, hoping for an improvement for next season.

There's also a bias at Caf. Most of the experts here would have no hesitation in buying Asensio at 60m right now inspite of him being two years older, playing in a more attacking team and having less goals and assists per minute in the League and the Champions League.
Stats are misleading at times. Asensio is a much more intelligent player than Rashford and would easily contribute much more to the team currently than Rashford does. I think with Rashford, it was too much, too soon, too much hype for a player that's not as good as every one makes him out to be. Now, that's not to say he isn't good. I think he's above the average 20 years old player. I just think with the English media (and their ridiculous comparisons), he's maybe under a lot more pressure than we know to make an impact every time, especially since he went from being a starter, to losing his spot to Martial, who has lost it to Sanchez which puts him very low on the pecking order all of the sudden (in his mind). That's the only way I can explain his incredibly poor decision-making. Sure, sometimes, it's just a lack of experience, but the latest examples with Martial and Sanchez where he's not passing the ball screams to me as someone under a lot of pressure (probably a lot self-created) to be noticed and regain his starting spot, which ironically is pulling him further away from achieving that goal.

KM

Stats are misleading at times. Asensio is a much more intelligent player than Rashford and would easily contribute much more to the team currently than Rashford does. I think with Rashford, it was too much, too soon, too much hype for a player that's not as good as every one makes him out to be. Now, that's not to say he isn't good. I think he's above the average 20 years old player. I just think with the English media (and their ridiculous comparisons), he's maybe under a lot more pressure than we know to make an impact every time, especially since he went from being a starter, to losing his spot to Martial, who has lost it to Sanchez which puts him very low on the pecking order all of the sudden (in his mind). That's the only way I can explain his incredibly poor decision-making. Sure, sometimes, it's just a lack of experience, but the latest examples with Martial and Sanchez where he's not passing the ball screams to me as someone under a lot of pressure (probably a lot self-created) to be noticed and regain his starting spot, which ironically is pulling him further away from achieving that goal.
Stats can be misleading but for attacking players it's still the best to gauge the level of their performances. You can't say that Asensio would contribute more to the team when he's playing in a superior team in a more attacking setup and yet has less numbers.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He strikes me as the type of player who, when he doesn't need to think about things, is excellent. When he has time and space, his decision making is woeful. That's opportunities v Leicester, Bristol, Brighton and a few times yesterday where he just has not played the pass. He has quality, absolutely. But my word, he really needs to work on that side of his game. Hopefully all the press hasn't gone to his head and he just gets his head down and grafts hard. Next season is massive.

Ahsan_6386

Stats can be misleading but for attacking players it's still the best to gauge the level of their performances. You can't say that Asensio would contribute more to the team when he's playing in a superior team in a more attacking setup and yet has less numbers.
I feel Ascensio is super hyped too . He is a very talented player . He had a great last season end . He started the season well and scored some belters in pre season and early season . He was supposed to step up when Ronaldo got banned for that referee push at the start of the season . I felt he couldn't handle the pressure that time and it has affected him all season except the PSG game where he played very well while coming off the bench . Honestly in my view Lucas Vasquez is having a better season than him .

Anyways coming to Rashford . I feel that he is feeling the pressure of handling all the media hype and increased competition with Martial . Mourinho did a huge disservice to him by pitting him against Martial so early in the season. This is why he is always trying too much for himself and his decision making has gone very erratic. This causes friction in the team play . He is still down to earth and i feel all the fame hasn't gotten to him yet . Best solution for him right now would be going out on loan to a Premier league team maybe Everton or West Ham . The talent is there to take him to next level but he needs stability which he can't get at United right now since its literally make or break time coming up for Mourinho next season and he won't take any prisoners . He will throw Rashford to the wolves if he is dissatisfied with his performances which will crush his confidence .

Reactions: Penna

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I would also say it'd be tolerated if the player decided to shoot from a good position instead of passing it and this regardless of him being prolific or not because you would still want your attacker to keep trying. The issue with Rashford is that a big part of his greediness is based on not passing the ball to teammates who are in a much much better position to take a shot at least.
Aye, can't really disagree with that. In obvious situations, it will always be an issue, especially if it repeatedly happens. It is shame really, as I like directness and urgency in his game, so if he could improve his decision making and get rid of this habit it would do him a world of good.
Tbf, I'm not sure if that is him actually being greedy or he generally just lacks awareness on the field. Maybe a mix of both.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

I think he's been largely awful since Christmas and hasn't really deserved to start a lot since then. However, my issue, as you state, is with him being so incredibly stupid and selfish. He's 20 and will learn from his mistakes but the boy has actually cost us at least 6-7 points as well as a place in the league cup SF from his blatant stupidity.

KM

I think he's been largely awful since Christmas and hasn't really deserved to start a lot since then. However, my issue, as you state, is with him being so incredibly stupid and selfish. He's 20 and will learn from his mistakes but the boy has actually cost us at least 6-7 points as well as a place in the league cup SF from his blatant stupidity.
Awful is a strong word however he has been below par. Whilst people blame Mourinho for Martials less than adequate performances in the last two month or so, they simply come to the conclusion that Rashford ain't good enough whilst forgetting the fact that after scoring two goals from the left wing against Liverpool, he was immediately moved to the right wing against Sevilla in the next match. That to me was stupid man management.

Also I'd disagree about him costing 6-7 points. Loads of our players has missed sitters in our matches we've dropped points.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

This is tricky situation. I must disagree with staff. Why is often criticsm of some young player, which is based on performances, labeled as hate? I think that you can't find any united fan who doesn't like rashford. And except one or two posters nobody wants some other "talent" like asensio instead of rashford here. I personally never would buy players who would be on the bench. I would rather to see bench tuanzebe, mensah, gomes, rashford(?), chong instead darmian, blind, fellaini, lindelof. But in this case we are talking about our biggest talent. Player that we all see in first 11, our future star player. So it is normal that bar is high. In my defence, i am frustrated that we didn't create player for first squad since.... i don't even remember. We produce players who end up in burnley, sunderland, leicester. I want to see finally our academy player as our star player.

NinjaFletch

This is tricky situation. I must disagree with staff. Why is often criticsm of some young player, which is based on performances, labeled as hate? I think that you can't find any united fan who doesn't like rashford. And except one or two posters nobody wants some other "talent" like asensio instead of rashford here. I personally never would buy players who would be on the bench. I would rather to see bench tuanzebe, mensah, gomes, rashford(?), chong instead darmian, blind, fellaini, lindelof. But in this case we are talking about our biggest talent. Player that we all see in first 11, our future star player. So it is normal that bar is high. In my defence, i am frustrated that we didn't create player for first squad since.... i don't even remember. We produce players who end up in burnley, sunderland, leicester. I want to see finally our academy player as our star player.
Well that's clearly nonsense.

KM

First of all, it's not a tricky situation here to disagree with any of the staff.

Secondly, I never used the word hate here, hell I'm not disagreeing with any criticism at all. I'm saying that our fanbase shouldn't be like our manager who expects young players and senior players to show the amount of maturity. Many people here have decided that he isn't good enough for United and will never be, I'm disagreeing with that.

kouroux

Aye, can't really disagree with that. In obvious situations, it will always be an issue, especially if it repeatedly happens. It is shame really, as I like directness and urgency in his game, so if he could improve his decision making and get rid of this habit it would do him a world of good.
Tbf, I'm not sure if that is him actually being greedy or he generally just lacks awareness on the field. Maybe a mix of both.
It would make him much more unpredictable and like you said it would do him a world of good. He is still young and has ample time to correct this. This is why the comparisons with M'Bappé never made sense at any point because the french player displayed a level of maturity in his game that is clearly more advanced. I like Rashford and it's very good that he is productive at his age, I just hope that greediness doesn't become too much of a habit he can't shake it off in the futur. Lukaku has a great balance between taking shots for himself and trying to set up his teammates.
Rashford needs to learn that he doesn't need to score all the time to cement his place in the team, if you can score and try to be a team player, no manager will wanna keep you on the bench too long. Rashford is going about it the wrong way IMHO

dogwithabone

Perhaps he does need to be loaned out but I can’t see that happening because of the backlash if he does well. United cannot be a learning school for players, the club and expectancy is just too huge. The ball is in Rashfords court and only he can take the chance when it comes. It’s hard to disagree with Mourinho at the minute for not starting him but he’s caught in that crossfire of appeasing those who want to see a local lad succeed and trying to build a team to get near City and Europe’s elite.

If he were to go out on loan somewhere like Newcastle would be good because although they’re miles away on a footballing level he’d have a demanding audience to please and a bit like Welbeck at Sunderland it could be a move that is the making of him.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Sure, stats are a good barometer for attacking players, but sometimes it only tells you half of the story. For example, sure Asensio stats are not as good as Marcus, but have you watched him play? He is much more intelligent on the field than Rashford. He's also older, so maybe that has something to do with it but that's not always the case. Some players keep growing older but they're not growing up. It remains to be seen whether Marcus will grow up instead of older.

I feel Ascensio is super hyped too . He is a very talented player . He had a great last season end . He started the season well and scored some belters in pre season and early season . He was supposed to step up when Ronaldo got banned for that referee push at the start of the season . I felt he couldn't handle the pressure that time and it has affected him all season except the PSG game where he played very well while coming off the bench . Honestly in my view Lucas Vasquez is having a better season than him.
I got news for you, no one can really handle the pressure of stepping up for a goal-scoring machine like Cristiano, let alone a youngster like Asensio. He is over-hyped, every single young player who has patches of success is overhyped with Marcus being one of the biggest highlight of that and now suffering from it. However, wouldn't you agree that Asensio is a much more intelligent player right now? I think it's hard to argue against that. It doesn't matter that Madrid is a more attacking team, the correlation then that Asensio should have higher stats is simply incorrect because of the way Madrid operates and how the entire offense is focused on getting the ball in the red zone for Cristiano. Players like Benzema and Asensio for example could have much better stats in a team like Manchester United despite it being a more defensive team because there isn't as much of a singular focus to have every move end by Lukaku.

All I'm saying is there are legitimate reasons for some on here speaking for Asensio when Rashford is here with better stats.

Jim Beam

Perhaps he does need to be loaned out but I can’t see that happening because of the backlash if he does well. United cannot be a learning school for players, the club and expectancy is just too huge. The ball is in Rashfords court and only he can take the chance when it comes. It’s hard to disagree with Mourinho at the minute for not starting him but he’s caught in that crossfire of appeasing those who want to see a local lad succeed and trying to build a team to get near City and Europe’s elite.

If he were to go out on loan somewhere like Newcastle would be good because although they’re miles away on a footballing level he’d have a demanding audience to please and a bit like Welbeck at Sunderland it could be a move that is the making of him.
No way. He will get plenty of minutes as he can cover both Sanchez and Lukaku, and that's not even taking in account if Martial leaves. Also, his numbers are quite decent, it is not like we are playing him just for learning or future sake.

dogwithabone

No way. He will get plenty of minutes as he can cover both Sanchez and Lukaku, and that's not even taking in account if Martial leaves. Also, his numbers are quite decent, it is not like we are playing him just for learning or future sake.

He needs to and will soon be wanting to start regularly. I don’t care who you are or how much you earn as a professional you need to play and I don’t see him breaking into our starting eleven as a nailed on starter any time soon.

Jim Beam

He needs to and will soon be wanting to start regularly. I don’t care who you are or how much you earn as a professional you need to play and I don’t see him breaking into our starting eleven as a nailed on starter any time soon.
I'm talking from the club's perspective. It would be crazy to send him on loan and try to find a replacement who will provide you with those numbers when you need to fix other positions. And besides, he had plenty of minutes this season at the age of 20, so there is no reason, especially if Martial leaves, for that to change.

Tbh, I can't see him being unhappy with the role he has atm. Maybe in the future, but not now.

ti vu

Product wise he's better but decision making wise he is worse. It's not declining or anything, but semm like the case inexperienced young player get lost when going out exploring the potential. While it's not looking rosy atm, it's a bit premature for people to write him off.

automaticflare

Sign Vardy, loan Rashford to Leicester - he needs to mature and isn’t going to do it under Mourinho playing sporadically all over the place.
Why would you sign Vardy then play him out of position makes no sense

AR87

20 year old struggling with decision making, specifically going for personal glory over making the right play. Really not concerned as I think that's something that will come in time.

The things I do want to see improvement in is his willingness to challenge in aerial duels and his hold up play with his back to goal.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
20 year old struggling with decision making, specifically going for personal glory over making the right play. Really not concerned as I think that's something that will come in time.

The things I do want to see improvement in is his willingness to challenge in aerial duels and his hold up play with his back to goal.
I don't think he's going to develop those traits. But he certainly needs to work on his decision making and composure.

Quite like that idea.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I feel Ascensio is super hyped too . He is a very talented player . He had a great last season end . He started the season well and scored some belters in pre season and early season . He was supposed to step up when Ronaldo got banned for that referee push at the start of the season . I felt he couldn't handle the pressure that time and it has affected him all season except the PSG game where he played very well while coming off the bench . Honestly in my view Lucas Vasquez is having a better season than him .

Anyways coming to Rashford . I feel that he is feeling the pressure of handling all the media hype and increased competition with Martial . Mourinho did a huge disservice to him by pitting him against Martial so early in the season. This is why he is always trying too much for himself and his decision making has gone very erratic. This causes friction in the team play . He is still down to earth and i feel all the fame hasn't gotten to him yet . Best solution for him right now would be going out on loan to a Premier league team maybe Everton or West Ham . The talent is there to take him to next level but he needs stability which he can't get at United right now since its literally make or break time coming up for Mourinho next season and he won't take any prisoners . He will throw Rashford to the wolves if he is dissatisfied with his performances which will crush his confidence .
Agreed with that last paragraph, especially last sentence. And i'd do the same tbh, if i were in Mou's shoes. I'd demand a 100% ready players who don't need special care. I think he's in desperate situation, seeing City and Liverpool "sucesses". And after he win the League, then he'll have more leeway on developing for the future, and that include the like of Martial and Rashford.

So I think for Rashford and our shake, him playing somewhere else (loan) is the best option.

Mickfoley

People who are saying we should get rid of him or only reacting to the overall boring season we have had. The boy is still very young. How many games has he started in his favoured position of a striker? He was never and will never become a disciplined winger out wide, it's just not his game. Even as a winger he has shown his best when he has done whatever he has wanted to do i.e expressing himself.
He has got the right attitude, keeps his head down, he can run with the ball albeit a little inconsistent at that but surely that will improve with time as will his movement when he gets to play as an striker.
He has played half of his games coming from the bench in a position he hasn't been trained to play for yet he's getting judged by his output. He has immense potential. Give him a break. The boy has already shown us he's a big game player already.

maniwin

I still don't understand why we sold him without offering him a decent chance.
Zaha's five years older. You'd have been tearing your hair out seeing Zaha play over here when he was 20.
You're making it sound like the majority of the caf wants him back.
Zaha's case was pure injustice, He got sold without being given adequate chance to prove himself to us by an inept manager. At least Rashford has a lot of playing time so we can assess him fairly. I reckon Mourinho would have loved Zaha here. SAF obviously see something in him.

kouroux

Zaha's case was pure injustice, He got sold without being given adequate chance to prove himself to us by an inept manager. At least Rashford has a lot of playing time so we can assess him fairly. I reckon Mourinho would have loved Zaha here. SAF obviously see something in him.
The way he was treated was weird to say the least. I honestly see him as a player perfect for the club he plays for, he has the freedom and backing to do what he wants. Not sure he would be afforded the same at a bigger club.

Status
Not open for further replies.