5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

haram

He was one of our best players what are you guys talking about???

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He looks like he's gone up a level since last season. Still needs to know when to stop running with the ball. A lot of times he simply runs it out of play.
Too true. That is his main problem at the moment and with time and experience, he will hopefully differentiate the situations better. It is frustrating but he's still so young.

LoneStar

He has very good movement. He's constantly let down by his decision making and composure in the final third. Also he has to work on his 1v1 more.

The most frustrating part is that he gets into some really promising positions, but is let down by his finishing.

FromTheBench

He can make.some of the most outrageous of passes at times like to Lukaku in our first game. To Kane for England.

And at other times fail to see simple of passes as his head is down. He can do a job out wide but isn't really a natural there.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
He can make.some of the most outrageous of passes at times like to Lukaku in our first game. To Kane for England.

And at other times fail to see simple of passes as his head is down. He can do a job out wide but isn't really a natural there.
He has played wide his whole life until he was like 16, shouldnt be unnatural for him. However his body didnt grow gradually but had a ridiculous spurt, I think he moves faster than his mind does at times.

Treble

People are too critical of Rashford. He's been more involved than Lukaku in any game so far. He may lack composure at times but it is easy to see that he has more in his locker than Lukaku. If he is out and Martial has an off day, we'd be dire in attack.

Bwuk

Can't believe some people on here consider him to be anywhere near Mbappe.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
This thread should be re titled: "The boom and bust cycle of assessing a highly talented 19 year old footballer".

PS who by the way had a decent game yesterday and has been generally excellent in what little we've had of the season so far.

Dobbs

You can only conclude this is the first time some fans have routinely watched a teenage winger.

Obiorahking_

You can only conclude this is the first time some fans have routinely watched a teenage winger.
Now this is something we can agree on :D. Rashford by any standards didn't even have a bad game, he could have made better decisions yesterday but we can't go so far to label him for something that he isn't.

kps88

Which is funny considering we had one not too long ago that went from being frustrating to the best in the world.

Dobbs

Which is funny considering we had one not too long ago that went from being frustrating to the best in the world.
Long enough for some to have not witnessed the progression or to have forgotten.

Handré1990

Thought he was decent yesterday, certainly not poor by any stretch. He's 19, and if this is a poor game from him I'm more than happy

Denis79

People are too critical of Rashford. He's been more involved than Lukaku in any game so far. He may lack composure at times but it is easy to see that he has more in his locker than Lukaku. If he is out and Martial has an off day, we'd be dire in attack.
And he's only 19, people seem to forget that. Think he's grown alot as a player since last season. Fantastic prospect for us.

OL29

Here we go again with people criticising another player in order to praise Rashford. I don't get it, Rashford is extremely promising in his own right, what does Lukaku have to do with it? You do realise they play different positions?

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He has everything to be one of the best attackers/inside forwards in PL but for now there is too much things that he must improve. I must admit i am a bit harsh on him but only because i see him as our future key player. He has everything to be that.
First of all his finishing. It is not just his one on one chances( which he must improve dramatically). Against stoke he had two good half chances. Many people here described them as "good effort rush" but for me , if you want to be player of highest calibre, you must score some of those kind of goals. From half chances, from tight angle. That is a difference of world class manchester united striker from good mid table club striker.
Also his decisions are sometimes very bad. When he goes in his solo run , he doesn't look anything except the ball so many times he fails to pass a ball to player in better position and loses the ball.

For now martial is a better player for me but i would love to see both of them on the wings with mikhi in no10 and lukaku on striker position. I think that rush can play on the right wing maybe even better than on the left.

RooneyLegend

Reckon he should be getting more minutes as a center forward. Doesn't have the guile or craft to be a quality wide forward imo. Martial is streets ahead of him in those departments, its quite strange that he's sometimes considered ahead of him. His movement, directness, speed and strength imo mean he'd be good finishing away from being a quality striker.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Reckon he should be getting more minutes as a center forward. Doesn't have the guile or craft to be a quality wide forward imo. Martial is streets ahead of him in those departments, its quite strange that he's sometimes considered ahead of him. His movement, directness, speed and strength imo mean he'd be good finishing away from being a quality striker.
On the other hand, at times he can force things a bit more than Martial due to his intensity, forceful ness and that he never stops trying. A defender can never have an easy time marking him.

Martial is much better in his technique and dribbling and finishing, also more consistent. Probably better linking up too.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Marcus Rashford's Champions league debut tomorrow

We all know who's going to score :cool:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Do we think he'll score tonight? IIRC

Scored on his Man Utd/Europa league debut
Scored in his Premier League debut
Scored in his FA Cup debut
Scored on his England debut
Scored on his England Under 21 debut
Scored in his League Cup debut

barmyarmy

Completely forgot about this. I hope he stakes a big claim in this season CL and wins the best young or breakthrough player of the year award :drool:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I really hope he can score, what a great record that'll be!

Dante

Average bang

Ruined the set :(

Dante

Average bang
I didn't think he played the first leg against West Ham?

Jose's ruined the UCL dream though unless he can manage to do it from the bench
To be fair, Rashford played in the first game against West Ham then scored in the replay. Technically, he scored in the Quarter Final, it just happened to be in an 'extra' 90 minutes after the final whistle.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Hope he gets a goal when he comes on, he'll thrive against tired legs.

Dante

Average bang
Neither Rashford nor Martial should be on the 'wing'. Leave those jobs to the fullbacks.

I'm happy with our attacking options, even as far as competing for the CL is concerned. What's needed now, is a right- and left-back that can unlock their potential. Shaw can do it at his best. Valencia needs to up the tempo of his passing.

What Rashford thrives on is freedom to go inside when he sees fit. That's what we need to allow him to do.

I think to get the most out of our frontline, we should let them do what they want. Play Pogba in the #10 where he can control possession and give the front 3 the opportunity to take risks. Herrera (on the right) and Matic (on the left) can be a terrific double pivot that cover the fullbacks when they're in the final third playing like wingbacks. I daresay that Mourinho still sees a future for Young, given how often he namechecks the guy.
If Young can show he's back to his best, I'm hopeful that Rashford and Martial might finally be able to play at the same time with proper wingbacks to support them.

Robbie Boy

If Young can show he's back to his best, I'm hopeful that Rashford and Martial might finally be able to play at the same time with proper wingbacks to support them.
I like the way you quoted yourself and even threw some bold in there. Cool bro.

Dante

Average bang
Apologies. I didn't read the username of who'd quoted me. Just carry on as you were, buddy. You're very brave :)

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
"Doesn't have enough end product"

Status
Not open for further replies.