Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

wr8_utd

:'(
Looked drunk scoring twice against Burton ? Right on.
Forgot that game. Everton, Southampton and today though. He's been totally off his game. I just don't like him on either wing. He's great up top but nah, just should not be our starting LW.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
His limited technical abilities compared to Martial were very evident when he came on.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Don't think he's limited technically..

Marital ahead in terms of development though, but Rashford is far from limited
He's limited in the sense that he has nowhere near the dribbling or close control Martial has. Martial makes things look absolutely effortless whereas you watch Rashford and he's just never quite as ease with the ball at his feet.

He has amazing other qualities but he should not be playing LW.

King.of.Red

he should do better when he come on the pitch. well, we've won the game. let's see if he can score against Palace this weekend

RedStarUnited

Came within inches of scoring with his last FK before this one. Using the exact same technique.
Didnt score, did he?

I just feel like the technique is so hit and miss that its not worth using regularly. The best and most constant freekick takers (e.g. Messi now and Juninho back in the day) all use a conventional kicking style.

lawliet354

Didnt score, did he?

I just feel like the technique is so hit and miss that its not worth using regularly. The best and most constant freekick takers (e.g. Messi now and Juninho back in the day) all use a conventional kicking style.
And he actually scored a freekick against Celta last season with 'usual' freekick style, didn't he? don't really understand why he needs to copy Ronaldo/David Luiz style

van Nistelrooy

Rashford had limited time to impress off the bench tonight, but he succeeded in looking really poor. Gave too many balls away and wasn't even interested in challenging for the ball when he lost it. The only decent contribution he made was winning the free-kick, but then blazed it miles over. He should be removed from free-kick taking duties with immediate effect if he continues with that straight run up.

Martial is such a better player than Rashford.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
And he actually scored a freekick against Celta last season with 'usual' freekick style, didn't he? don't really understand why he needs to copy Ronaldo/David Luiz style
Exactly, the curler around or over the wall has a much better percentage of hitting the target than that the other way of striking it. There is only one player who consistently hit the target with any technique, it was Juninho.

Manny

Grammar Police
What the feck does he think he's doing with freekicks now a days?!

IrishRedDevil

The free kicks are painful to watch.

Also the recent narrative seems to be that Martial was coming off the bench late against tired defenders, making his job to score/assist easier, but Rashford coming on tonight shows it's not just as simple as that.

NJM78

Shouldn't start ahead of Martial for me plain and simple. He is still very young but when both on form Tony is a better player creatively and technically.
Think Rashford will become a very good player but right now he is either good or terrible, also he is much better suited to a central position as far too wasteful on the left. Would like to see him as a sub and not a starter when all fit.

Ace of Spades

I don't think he even had a chance to warm up, so not surprised that he played a bit safe, especially in a game that was already won.

RedStarUnited

The free kicks are painful to watch.

Also the recent narrative seems to be that Martial was coming off the bench late against tired defenders, making his job to score/assist easier, but Rashford coming on tonight shows it's not just as simple as that.
What people kept forgetting is the mentality that Martial comes on with. Give him 5 minutes and he will want to do something. Like I said above, Martial is playing to win a position back. Rashford at this moment, feels like a starter so he hasnt got that little bit more that Martial does.

AdnanRED

Yes the free kicks are awful but when you're 4 up I dont mind, im glad hes a willing student and spends time on this. Yes the technique is hard to pull off and onky really juninho mastered it but at 4-0 id rather see him take a crack than pass it sideways or lump it in.

He should get a few runs in the cup games or last 2 of CL if we qualify early as a striker to rest Lukaku a bit and improve as a striker.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think there's been some harsh criticism of his free kicks. Today's effort was poor, but he's had a fair few good attempts for club and country.

He'll get it right more consistently. I have little doubts about him perfecting or significantly improving any aspect of his game he tries to. He's just too dedicated not to.

RedStarUnited

Difficult to fault him for not shining considering he didn't have a chance to warm up, if anything he would've been told to don't do anything stupid and risk injury in a match we weren't in any danger of losing.
He was already warming up before Martial said he wanted to come off.

I just hope he has a good game today. His last few league games have been poor.

yfoFC

The most annoying thing for me is that rashford will probably get a fluke goal like that "header" against stoke and then some will use that to justify him starting over martial.

I'm sorry but after rashford's last two appalling PL displays he will now have a chance at redeeming himself against a nothing team while keeping an in form player out of the team and some will still have the effontery to still justify the manager's selection? Thit isn't justice or rotation.. it's pure shite handling from Jose.

And before anyone brings up martial's "injury" as an excuse or paint it as Jose protecting him, let's all remember that rashford also came off against Burton in similar circumstances and still found his way into the starting line up that weekend

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
The most annoying thing for me is that rashford will probably get a fluke goal like that "header" against stoke and then some will use that to justify him starting over martial.

I'm sorry but after rashford's last two appalling PL displays he will now have a chance at redeeming himself against a nothing team while keeping an in form player out of the team and some will still have the effontery to still justify the manager's selection? Thit isn't justice or rotation.. it's pure shite handling from Jose.

And before anyone brings up martial's "injury" as an excuse or paint it as Jose protecting him, let's all remember that rashford also came off against Burton in similar circumstances and still found his way into the starting line up that weekend
Yeah, hope this cnut doesn't score.

White Text, The agenda is ridiculous. It's almost as if you don't want him to score goals for us.

Bwuk

Really wish wed play all three of Lukaku/Rashford/Martial in games like this

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Because I love Martial, I hate Rashford. He’s shit and stuff.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

It'd be annoying for Rashford to score a goal? Wow.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue

Lol.

I wonder who's hurting the most at the moment, Martial or Herrera fanboys.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

This is not childish at all.

Dante

Average bang
Because I love Martial, I hate Rashford. He’s shit and stuff.
It's a hazard of the internet age, unfortunately. Subtlety, nuance and balance don't wash. And if you try to be balanced, people inevitably try to pigeonhole you into a hater/lover camp because that's the only way they can process your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.