5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

psychdelicblues

Imaging being a 'United fan', yet being disappointed that a teenage local lad is scoring/assisting, because it may mean one of your favorite may not start the next game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don't think it was a 'great performance' today per se. It will go in the record books as one, but I think he has played better this season like West Ham.

Still maintain he is less refined than Martial, and his means of trying to beat a man is to outrun them - but I've said it before, I think he can and will develop like Gareth Bale, who has similar attributes. I think as Rashford develops physically, he will find it easier to just power past players. Think he'll be a powerhouse, long range shooting, crosses, all of that. I don't see him having the finesse of Martial or like Coutinho, but he can be just as effective.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He did a few pieces of skill in this game which I found funny because it was only the other day we had that Rashford 5 star skill thread. Maybe he's somewhere lurking!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

He's great! Believe the hype!!

Ban

Considering the alternative would be Martial, they have a point. You make it sound outrageous.
Yes it is outrageous. Its not that Marcus is a trash player or something but some are wishing him getting ropped. Ridiculous.

Ace of Spades

Thought he played well, and yet this thread is once again filled with moaning and complaining.

It is a long season, all our attacker will get plenty of game time, so really stop moaning.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
That skill he pulled before assisting Mata was great, he's going to be some player when he finds consistency. I'm also starting to like him a lot as a winger.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I think OP is mistaken, it's a record that was ended in 2011 by Ferguson. Up until 2011 there was a player from the youth system in every single starting XI for 73 years.

But the record that still stands is Manchester United have had a graduate from their youth system in every single match day squad since October 30, 1937.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
We're so lucky he's ours. I can't wait to see his development. He has the mentality to become one of the all-time greats from our club.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I do wonder if longer term he can be developed as a 10, he's showed glimpses of a really good ability to drop deep and pick difficult passes through the lines and we've even seen him switch the play with diagonals. If his shooting continues to develop I can envisage him taking Mkhitaryan's role with Martial on the left. Thing is Rashford's close control would need to improve but he's already improved so much from when he first came into the team that I think he can do it.

Drainy

I do wonder if longer term he can be developed as a 10, he's showed glimpses of a really good ability to drop deep and pick difficult passes through the lines and we've even seen him switch the play with diagonals. If his shooting continues to develop I can envisage him taking Mkhitaryan's role with Martial on the left. Thing is Rashford's close control would need to improve but he's already improved so much from when he first came into the team that I think he can do it.
Used to play at no 10 before he stepped up to u18s. He used to be tiny so he developed a decent sense of space and movement to get on the ball, but he doesn't have the close control, decision making or variety in his short passing to be world class at the position, in my opinion.
Long term the decision making could improve substantially but I doubt he will add to his passing skills. He would be no more than functional-to-good in an attacking sense, or an option as 'defensive no 10' similar to Welbeck when he played there for us.

His long term position will be more advanced once he physically matures in his early 20s. Think the Cristiano Ronaldo type forward, starting wide and coming in to exploit his pace and strength.

JeffBoomTetris

Don't start that now, because it's simply not true and why the Martial thread is blowing up every day. Rashford simply has played significantly more without being a more impactful player than Martial, which is why there's a lot of Martial vs Rashford talk on the caf.
I don't intend to start another episode. But Rashford has José's trust ahead of Martial, be it for right or wrong reasons. But we're winning. So, it should remain as it is.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Used to play at no 10 before he stepped up to u18s. He used to be tiny so he developed a decent sense of space and movement to get on the ball, but he doesn't have the close control, decision making or variety in his short passing to be world class at the position, in my opinion.
Long term the decision making could improve substantially but I doubt he will add to his passing skills. He would be no more than functional-to-good in an attacking sense, or an option as 'defensive no 10' similar to Welbeck when he played there for us.

His long term position will be more advanced once he physically matures in his early 20s. Think the Cristiano Ronaldo type forward, starting wide and coming in to exploit his pace and strength.
Not likely, he'll end up central like how we started him in his breakthrough season.

Ashley R1+O

I still can't believe he is 19, that little head-fake before the turn for the opening goal, superb. Loved his performance and I think he's going to be a superstar for us.

carlosp

That whole play from him was excellent. Then the two assists.

I still believe he should have had MOTM against Burton. How 64% of the voters decided to award Martial still blows my mind. 2 Goals and an assist before being taken off. I can imagine if he stayed on he would have got a hattrick.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
For some bizarre reason he isn't getting the recognition he should be getting this season.

He started 7 games this season, in that:
- He assisted the first goal vs West Ham
- Scored first goal vs Stoke
- Assisted first goal vs Palace
- Scored first 2 goals vs Burton

Came off the bench against Leicester and scored our first goal.

So in the league alone he either created or scored first goal in 4 matches out of 7, that' a fantastic record for a 19 year old playing as winger.

Then you add his England form, he started 1 game and he assisted first goal and score the second goal (winner) vs Slovakia.

Paul_Scholes18

For some bizarre reason he isn't getting the recognition he should be getting this season.

He started 7 games this season, in that:
- He assisted the first goal vs West Ham
- Scored first goal vs Stoke
- Assisted first goal vs Palace
- Scored first 2 goals vs Burton

Came off the bench against Leicester and scored our first goal.

So in the league alone he either created or scored first goal in 4 matches out of 7, that' a fantastic record for a 19 year old playing as winger.

Then you add his England form, he started 1 game and he assisted first goal and score the second goal (winner) vs Slovakia.
It is strange I think. He has had a great start to the season yet people don't give him much praise. Granted he wasted some chances against both West Ham and Swansea, but he still played well. Good performance from the bench against Leicester. Then had some weaker games in the league, but did well in the cups. Then a great game against Palace.

Hope he can keep it up. I think the main reason he has not got big praise is that so many players have done well. Lukaku takes most headlines with his fantastic start. Mkhitaryan and Martial gets lots of goals and assists and thus looks on paper as good or even better.

Jones we are all so happy about him being fit. Young and Valencia playing well on the wings. Fellaini and Matic doing well in midfield. So many positive things so Rashford gets kind of lost among the good things.

ti vu

Imaging being a 'United fan', yet being disappointed that a teenage local lad is scoring/assisting, because it may mean one of your favorite may not start the next game.
To be fair, people have good intention in well being of a player. Welbeck starts scoring and assists then an injury await around the corner.

Wait a minute... Wrong thread. Next time use academy graduate. You tricked me with local lad.

Punt intended

criticalanalysis

The kid's best attribute is his mentality and it's a sure thing as any that he will go far. Simply an amazing prospect when you actually think of what he has achieved and how much he can still improve.

He could be our Kane.

jungledrums

The kid's best attribute is his mentality and it's a sure thing as any that he will go far. Simply an amazing prospect when you actually think of what he has achieved and how much he can still improve.

He could be our Kane.
Lukaku is our Kane! But yes, agreed. Hopefully he can continue flourishing from wide positions, as Kane and Lukaku at country and club level seem to have locked down the central striking positions for years to come.

Devil may care

Watching that game tonight you'd never think Sterling and Oxlade were the two with the greater experience as internationals, they were so clueless in comparison to Rashford's movement and composure.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Definitely was the man of the match for England tonight. Was a very positive performance, but needs to work on his finishing.

haram

England need Lallana and Alli to help him because the rest of the midfield are fecking clueless. We better not fecking waste Rashford, Kane and Alli.

Luke1995

This kid... when playing he looks like he's 30 years old, he is so intelligent! Crazy that he hasn't even turned 20 yet. One day he will win the ballon d or. Today he was the only one trying to make something happen. Amazing how Sterling's game looks like he's still 14 or 15 years old.

GM K

That skill he pulled before assisting Mata was great, he's going to be some player when he finds consistency. I'm also starting to like him a lot as a winger.
Welcome my friend. :)

I've been saying it forever, that kid will be a better wide forward than a pure number nine.

Status
Not open for further replies.