Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Looked like something in his knee. Knowing our luck it'll probably be couple of months at best.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
You'll have to quote me where I claim that
We pretending pragmatics don't exist now? It was a good shot with power and swerve that ending up going in. Sorry if that disappoints you.

el3mel

Pretty poor today but I liked the way he was doing these set pieces. Someone will say it's selfish but needs a keeper with insane concentration to keep picking them up on the line each time.

I don't think the injury is serious. Will probably be out of the weekend, though, but that's it.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
"either holds it easily or just knocks it over to a corner."
He did hold it easily enough, just the force of the shot with him jumping back helped carry it over the line. Therefore it was quite a quality shot as he meant it and realised the keeper was nervous and prone to a mistake.

Do you have to punch a wall when Rashford scores or something? Jeez

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
We pretending pragmatics don't exist now? It was a good shot with power and swerve that ending up going in. Sorry if that disappoints you.
Considering the shit you keep making up, I'm not entirely sure I want to know what you're pretending these days.

Again, kudos to Rashford for attempting it after how dodgy the keeper was on corners, he sees he's standing too far out and he tries to knock it over him.

The shot however isn't very good, goalkeeper makes it back but completely misjudges it. Even Thomas Gill would've saved it

Irrational.

From first glance, Rashford knew it was something serious the moment he did it and immediately removed his shin pads. The look on his face afterwards said it all.

Probably a ligament injury, but I really hope it isn't. Not optimistic about this one. :nervous::(

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Not surprised to see who the two posters are saying that free kick was unintentional.

MThomas

He did hold it easily enough, just the force of the shot with him jumping back helped carry it over the line. Therefore it was quite a quality shot as he meant it and realised the keeper was nervous and prone to a mistake.

It's a goalkeeper mistake, any day of the week.

If De Gea had let that one in, nobody would be going on about it being a good or quality shot.

He puts it at goal, goalkeeper does the fumbling.

ivaldo

Considering the shit you keep making up, I'm not entirely sure I want to know what you're pretending these days.

Again, kudos to Rashford for attempting it after how dodgy the keeper was on corners, he sees he's standing too far out and he tries to knock it over him.

The shot however isn't very good, goalkeeper makes it back but completely misjudges it. Even Thomas Gill would've saved it
Great context in that first paragraph. Completely relevant response.

So figures out keeper is dodgy from corners and high whipping balls, spots keeper off the line and scores from a high whipping ball = shit shot to you. Perfect sense.

ivaldo

It's becoming cringe worthy now, isn't it? Could you imagine his response if Martial did that tonight?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Not surprised to see who the two posters are saying that free kick was unintentional.
Read the Martial thread mate, gets a cameo and they are raving about how he is the best player in the team and is rotting on the bench.

I guarantee you they are thinking in the back of their head that atleast Martial will get more game time since Rashford got a knock.

MThomas

Great context in that first paragraph. Completely relevant response.

So figures out keeper is dodgy from corners and high whipping balls, spots keeper off the line and scores from a high whipping ball = shit shot to you. Perfect sense.
It is a relevant response. I commented he had a shit first half, but improved towards the end, early second half I commented he was much improved, then commented he was our best player on the pitch. Yet you try to insinuate I have an agenda to knock Rashfords performance.

He scores because the goalkeeper makes a mistake in a situation where the vast majority of goalkeepers will easily handle it.

Toad

Hopefully it's knock cause he walked it off altho that doesn't mean anything.
Yeah, Hopefully your right. Could do with a couple of weeks rest anyway, Martial can fill the gap with ease.

SteveW

I love Rashford but I'm not going to pretend that cross was great play. I was just awful goalkeeping.

Hopefully the injury is nothing serious.

Ban

Read the Martial thread mate, gets a cameo and they are raving about how he is the best player in the team and is rotting on the bench.

I guarantee you they are thinking in the back of their head that atleast Martial will get more game time since Rashford got a knock.
Without a doubt.

el3mel

I love Rashford but I'm not going to pretend that cross was great play. I was just awful goalkeeping.

He was obviously targeting the GK in all his set pieces today. It wasn't even a cross imo.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

It was a goalkeeping mistake but I'm not sure how you can call it a cross when Rashford tried the same thing twice from corners. I mean, are people completely insane here to miss this pretty obvious thing?

ivaldo

It is a relevant response. I commented he had a shit first half, but improved towards the end, early second half I commented he was much improved, then commented he was our best player on the pitch. Yet you try to insinuate I have an agenda to knock Rashfords performance.

He scores because the goalkeeper makes a mistake in a situation where the vast majority of goalkeepers will easily handle it.
But he isn’t ‘the vast majority of goalkeepers’ as you have pointed out. So he took a shot against a keeper who is struggling from aerial balls where he usually wouldn’t have because he knew he would have a greater chance than usual to score. How are you not getting this?

cyberman

He stuck it as close to the keeper with in swingers all game.
The fact his set piece deliveries has improved that much is impressive, he can really fizz and whip them in.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Shame he picked up the injury. Hope he won't be out for long.

Definitely intentional - Jose said so in the post-match interview. Said the goalkeeper was good but knew he was iffy on set pieces so had him crowded with players to try and dent confidence and put in as much shots to test him.

SteveW

Are you going to pretend he didn't try the same thing on a previous corner?
He tried to whip in a dangerous cross into a horrible area for the keeper. Most likely in the hope someone would get across the ball. If he's started shooting from corners and frees on the sideline then they'd want to have a word with him. Just got lucky

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Sometimes you just have to accept that someone has 5 brain cells.

How else can someone have the audacity to make the above comparison.

SteveW

Well, its the only positive in a bad situation. Most people would want them both in the team I'd have thought. I'm glad Martial will get games but would have much preferred it was instead of Mkhi who's playing horribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.