5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke1995

Best United player on the pitch. Changed the team's work-rate. They paid for an lazy and boring Van Gaal possession-based performance in the first half when in reality they should have blown the opponent away. As always when the team has bad games like that, the kid Marcus is the only shining light. I can't even believe there's still people discussing if Martial is better than him.

spiriticon

Our one shining light in attack that does not depend on others around him to put in a good performance. Delightful.

snk123

I can't even believe there's still people discussing if Martial is better than him.
Why is there always a need to compare the two? Rashford has had plenty of shocking games like Martial's today.

SteveW

Why is there always a need to compare the two? Rashford has had plenty of shocking games like Martial's today.
Jose has created this toxicity by pitting them against each other. You've got fans criticising one to big up the other. If they were both in the team at the same time we wouldn't have fans coming out with this rubbish. They could easily play on each wing.

snk123

Jose has created this toxicity by pitting them against each other. You've got fans criticising one to big up the other. If they were both in the team at the same time we wouldn't have fans coming out with this rubbish. They could easily play on each wing.
If there was one game where he could've played both of them, it was definitely this one (after half time).

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Had good game. He was all over the pitch, attacking from left, right and also played as CF when Lukaku crossed the ball. Very good cameo, should have had assist also, just missed by a whisker.

He should start along with Martial.

SteveW

Had good game. He was all over the pitch, attacking from left, right and also played as CF when Lukaku crossed the ball. Very good cameo, should have had assist also, just missed by a whisker.

He should start along with Martial.
Ah, you've come around. Good man

roonster09

Scout
:lol: Yeah nothing to do with mindless fans who loves to moan about everything.

Luke1995

No, this is not Jose's fault. He is better at managing youngsters than the big stars. I just think Martial, while a good player, is not quite good enough for United. Anyway, I recognize it's wrong to keep comparing them. Let's see if Rashford can keep consistency up, if not, Martial should keep getting opportunities.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Half time was the perfect time for all 3 of Marcus, Martial and Lukaku. We had nothing to lose. Anyway, good goal.

marktan

At this point he's better than Martial with his all round game, but he's still not where he should be. He has lots of moments in the game where he's wasteful in possession, he needs to deliver a ruthlessness to iron those out. Sometimes it just looks like he doesn't care when he makes those mistakes, whereas someone like Ronaldo would always be aggrieved on the pitch after making a mistake. On the positive side, that wastefulness is usually balanced with 4-5 good moments, so you can see the ability and talent is there, whereas with players like Martial, Mikhi and Mata many games can go by and they don't really do anything.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
There's a bunch of United fans who genuinely think he's overrated. Imagine that.

roonster09

Scout
There's a bunch of United fans who genuinely think he's overrated. Imagine that.
Wouldn't be surprised if they smashed their key board in frustration when he scored.

Trequartistry

Because maybe he is overrated? People have said he's better than the likes of Mbappe, Dembele etc. That's overrated, but it doesn't change the fact he's a top top talent.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Because maybe he is overrated? People have said he's better than the likes of Mbappe, Dembele etc. That's overrated, but it doesn't change the fact he's a top top talent.
Let's not make a few fans idiotic thoughts generalise the whole fan base. He's pretty underrated within our fanbase, at least on Redcafe anyway. The majority of the people on this forum have thought for a while that he should be on the bench instead of Martial. I can't imagine the hype he would get if he was doing what he's currently doing for a club like Dortmund.

Dante

Average bang
Toxicity amongst agenda-ridden idiots on the internet.

haram

Well there's obviously a reason why they aren't. Jose isn't keeping them both on the left for banter.

shayanr

One of only few players who look like they gave a f*ck today. Great header too if you look at his lack of heading ability last season. Must've been training on it. This kid will go far thats a guarantee

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
At this point he's better than Martial with his all round game, but he's still not where he should be. He has lots of moments in the game where he's wasteful in possession, he needs to deliver a ruthlessness to iron those out. Sometimes it just looks like he doesn't care when he makes those mistakes, whereas someone like Ronaldo would always be aggrieved on the pitch after making a mistake. On the positive side, that wastefulness is usually balanced with 4-5 good moments, so you can see the ability and talent is there, whereas with players like Martial, Mikhi and Mata many games can go by and they don't really do anything.
He's not even 20 yet.

NoLogo

Who is gonna play wingers?
We could try Mata on the left and Mkhi on the right even though they are both weaknesses in our team right now but as some have suggest 3-5-2 is probably better right now if we want to play two strikers because of the lack of wide players which is probably a sensible idea right now since only Valencia and Young seem to be somewhat able to play in a wide position, even though I think they both aren't sufficient for a tpp team either they are our only wide options worth considering. It's definitely something which needs fixing, I have harped on about this for a long time but we need FBs who can actually provide some width going forward or we are fecked anyways.

Paul_Scholes18

The one player who has played really well after the break. His attitude is fantastic. Such drive and natural passion. He has had that from day 1. He lifted our dull LVG team and carried us to an Fa cup final. Having done that you know he can perform in any enviroment really.

Wish we had more players like Rashford.

Want to see him and Martial together against Swansea!

Status
Not open for further replies.