5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Number1

I will always have issue with him because of his lack of goals.

I mean when he plays he create things with his runs, but essentially with the ball. I'm still waiting his evolution to a real goal scorer.

I think he will not be a RVN type of player. but more a Benzema one, able to play and link with his team mates, but he really needs to step up and score some goals in difficult moment, like on Saturday against Spurs, or on Sunday.

He is very good yes, but I'm still waiting more from him
The guys just turned 20 yesterday, you can't expect an end product and him banging in 30 goals a season straight away when he's still learning his trade.

Players that age all you can do is look at their talent and say 'if' they improve this or that then they 'could' be this or that, that's all you can do!

As for comparing him Benzema, i don't see Benzema in him at all. I see him more comparable to young Robben/Gareth Bale type of player personally, his run yesterday was very reminiscent of a young Gareth Bale/Robben, ripping full-backs new a-holes.

'If' he becomes the type of player who does that regularly and adds goals to his game, he'll be some player.

Drainy

OH NO NOT THE GOLDEN BOY!

Look at some of the posts. They're rating him as 100m already.
Is that the consensus or a few posters? Most see him as a bit below the likes of Mbappe, Dembele and Jesus- most even think Martial is better. No shame in that it's still exciting.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I like him a lot but he's very overrated here.
There are also a lot of posts saying he's not in the same class as other great talents in the world.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
he's actually mint, isn't he? And unlike many youngsters you see have great breakout seasons (*cough* Januzaj, Shaw) he continues to make it look like he'll become an even better player than I first thought, as opposed to fading away/fecking things up/getting fat.

Star in the making.

Number1

he's actually mint, isn't he? And unlike many youngsters you see have great breakout seasons (*cough* Januzaj, Shaw) he continues to make it look like he'll become an even better player than I first thought, as opposed to fading away/fecking things up/getting fat.

Star in the making.
That's the thing, even if he doesn't improve at all from where he is now (which he will), what a weapon he is now, it's scary how good he can become barring injuries and a bit more experience.

CG1010

OH NO NOT THE GOLDEN BOY!

Look at some of the posts. They're rating him as 100m already.
Since I said 100m, I must respond. How much do you think he would go for if a competitive bid happened for him right now?

I believe most clubs will see him as an instant attacking asset since he has already proven this season to a consistent attacking threat already in his young age, already well built physically, and even in a technical sense, he is a complete player with no single glaring weakness. He only needs to improve his execution and decision-making which is to be expected over time. Then there is a huge potential upside of him improving at a ridiculous rate - he has a real shot to be a world-class player in his position. I can happily believe that in the current market, a competitive value of him would be around 100m (not talking of scenarios where he wants to leave/ has fight with Jose / contract running down,etc.)

Another way to judge him is to benchmark against other players. In our team itself, he is as important to us as Lukaku(90m euro), and Martial(70-80m euro?) while being younger than them. And the market has inflated more after Neymar's signing.

Also since you believe this is just redcafe hype, for what its worth, there is this "CIES" study where they calculate transfer value of players. And Rashford's value, as on 2nd October 2017, is 98m pounds, which is more than what I said.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Some say he's overrated but no one really knows. I think he's coming on well. It's harder coming into this united team then in the past. I don't think he's overrated. I think it's a question of how good can he be. He's effective. At 20 he's not the finished article but let's not forget something. He is where he is in all probability because of Will Keanes injury. So he is ahead of schedule. He's an England International. When I watched him in the lower levels, it was difficult to see how good he was or could be. People talk about transfer values etc. It's STUPID. He's not for sale. So it's an pointless question. He gives the team good pace and he's more confident at trying things. He has all the potential to go on and be one of the top goal scorers for the club but at 20 it could be all gone within a few years. He seems to have a good attitude though so we can be optimistic.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Since I said 100m, I must respond. How much do you think he would go for if a competitive bid happened for him right now?

I believe most clubs will see him as an instant attacking asset since he has already proven this season to a consistent attacking threat already in his young age, already well built physically, and even in a technical sense, he is a complete player with no single glaring weakness. He only needs to improve his execution and decision-making which is to be expected over time. Then there is a huge potential upside of him improving at a ridiculous rate - he has a real shot to be a world-class player in his position. I can happily believe that in the current market, a competitive value of him would be around 100m (not talking of scenarios where he wants to leave/ has fight with Jose / contract running down,etc.)

Another way to judge him is to benchmark against other players. In our team itself, he is as important to us as Lukaku(90m euro), and Martial(70-80m euro?) while being younger than them. And the market has inflated more after Neymar's signing.

Also since you believe this is just redcafe hype, for what its worth, there is this "CIES" study where they calculate transfer value of players. And Rashford's value, as on 2nd October 2017, is 98m pounds, which is more than what I said.
If we put him for sale for £100m, he wouldn't have any buyers. It's really that simple. He needs to do more over longer stretches to be considered for that sort of figure.

The whole "this guy went for this amount so our player must be worth x much today" is massively flawed because of outlier transfers.

Luiz went to Paris for £50m when he was dogshite. That didn't make comparable defenders suddenly worth £50m plus for a few years.

CG1010

If we put him for sale for £100m, he wouldn't have any buyers. It's really that simple. He needs to do more over longer stretches to be considered for that sort of figure.
I meant 100m euros not pounds. The value is subjective, so hence I ask you, what do you think he will go for in a competitive bid right now?

CG1010

For 100m Eur? No one.
I asked you what value will he go for?

But anyway about your point on outlier transfers, it is not outliers but the norm these days. Neymar's transfer was obviously an outlier but Mbappe went for a transfer fee of upto 190m. Morata went for a fee of about 70-80m euros (?) and that's when Real Madrid wanted to sell him. Barcelona were interested to buy Coutinho for over 100m, and eventually did buy Dembele for over 100m. Juventus bought Higuian for 90m.

I am not saying that these are completely comparable to Rashford, but in the current market, the price of attackers even a bit below the elite level is around the above levels. So its not ridiculous to believe that Barcelona or any other club if they required a top class attacking asset next summer wouldn't agree to pay 100m for Rashford, if he maintains his current trajectory.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You base that on nothing but your own rating of Rashford. Rashford is easily seen in same class as Dembele, Martial who went for similar fees.
I base it on the fact that Rashford hasn't done enough to warrant that sort of money.

Dembele was more of a panic buy tbh. Barca needed a replacement pronto, and we did not buy Martial for similar. Martial was £36m up front and add ons rising to £57m, equating to Eur65m. That is still some way off EUR100M for Rashford.

I asked you what value will he go for?

But anyway about your point on outlier transfers, it is not outliers but the norm these days. Neymar's transfer was obviously an outlier but Mbappe went for a transfer fee of upto 190m. Morata went for a fee of about 70-80m euros (?) and that's when Real Madrid wanted to sell him. Barcelona were interested to buy Coutinho for over 100m, and eventually did buy Dembele for over 100m. Juventus bought Higuian for 90m.

I am not saying that these are completely comparable to Rashford, but in the current market, the price of attackers even a bit below the elite level is around the above levels. So its not ridiculous to believe that Barcelona or any other club if they required a top class attacking asset next summer wouldn't agree to pay 100m for Rashford, if he maintains his current trajectory.
He'd get a big sum, but not 100m EUR.

Every single example you gave are from players who have done more in their leagues. Morata is a good example. He finished at real as 2nd highest goalscorer for their club with a similar goals to minutes ratio. He still went for 80m EUR all in (IIRC), which is 20m less than what you value Rashford at. Morata had a very good spell at Juventus and more experience too. The lack of top strikers available also raised his price when Chelsea were in the market (only him and Aubamayang free, who was also valued at less than 100m Eur and has done far more than rashford).

CG1010

I base it on the fact that Rashford hasn't done enough to warrant that sort of money.

Dembele was more of a panic buy tbh. Barca needed a replacement pronto, and we did not buy Martial for similar. Martial was £36m up front and add ons rising to £57m, equating to Eur65m. That is still some way off EUR100M for Rashford.

Every single example you gave are from players who have done more in their leagues. Morata is a good example. He finished at real as 2nd highest goalscorer for their club with a similar goals to minutes ratio. He still went for 80m EUR all in (IIRC), which is 20m less than what you value Rashford at. Morata had a very good spell at Juventus and more experience too. The lack of top strikers available also raised his price when Chelsea were in the market (only him and Aubamayang free, who was also valued at less than 100m Eur and has done far more than rashford).
On the other hand, Morata's fee would have much much higher if he was a first team footballer at Real Madrid, like Rashford is for us. And United had backed out of the race, and Morata was desperate to leave, etc. Anyway, doesn't seem like you think he will go for 20-40m or something, so its not like we have a huge disagreement there. And obviously all this is theoretical stuff because United will clearly not sell him even if someone offered 150m. So its largely an issue of how much you rate a player. And many unbiased study/articles do value him as much.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
On the other hand, Morata's fee would have much much higher if he was a first team footballer at Real Madrid, like Rashford is for us. And United had backed out of the race, and Morata was desperate to leave, etc. Anyway, doesn't seem like you think he will go for 20-40m or something, so its not like we have a huge disagreement there. And obviously all this is theoretical stuff because United will clearly not sell him even if someone offered 150m. So its largely an issue of how much you rate a player. And many unbiased study/articles do value him as much.
My issue is the way rashford is overrated. He needs to have consistent form for longer stretches to be branded as a 100m EUR player, even in today's market.

Right now I'd say he's performing on similar great form to Raheem Sterling in the same position. Neither is worth 100m EUR

CG1010

My issue is the way rashford is overrated. He needs to have consistent form for longer stretches to be branded as a 100m EUR player, even in today's market.

Right now I'd say he's performing on similar great form to Raheem Sterling in the same position. Neither is worth 100m EUR
Huh? Sterling was actually sold at a price around 70-80 million euros, back in 2015. Since then the market has also inflated. If you think Rashford has the same value as Sterling now, so can't be a stretch to think Rashford is closer to 100 million! You're just trying to play down how good Rashford is!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Transfer fee is not black or white, for example Madrid paid more than 40 million for a young player who didn't even make professional debut. Also no team is going to offer the fee if the player isn't bothered to leave or it's near impossible to sign a player from ManUtd.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Huh? Sterling was actually sold at a price around 70-80 million euros, back in 2015. Since then the market has also inflated. If you think Rashford has the same value as Sterling now, so can't be a stretch to think Rashford is closer to 100 million! You're just trying to play down how good Rashford is!
He was sold for £49m and hasn't lived up to the valuation since Pep came. I'm not sure where you've plucked your figures from.

Transfer fee is not black or white, for example Madrid paid more than 40 million for a young player who didn't even make professional debut. Also no team is going to offer the fee if the player isn't bothered to leave or it's near impossible to sign a player from ManUtd.
Exactly, which is why using studies to see how players are worth now is pointless.

Bwuk

Doesn't matter what Rashfords valuation is because I think the club would say f*ck off unless it was 100m.

KM

He was sold for £49m and hasn't lived up to the valuation since Pep came. I'm not sure where you've plucked your figures from.
He's right. At that time Pounds was 1.4 Euros which equates to 68m Euros at that time.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's right. At that time Pounds was 1.4 Euros which equates to 68m Euros at that time.
He said that it was 70-80m EUR though.

Back to my point, Rashford isn't worth 100m EUR. It's just one of those carried away posts we can see about our own players.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
@VP89 how much do you think it would cost say Barcelona to force United's hand in selling Rashford?

KM

Back to my point, Rashford isn't worth 100m EUR. It's just one of those carried away posts we can see about our own players.
There's no way in objectively deciding what a player's worth is. It depends on the money of the buying club and how much the selling club can milk them. I'd say right now, he's close to being unsalable in our team but if someone bids a ridiculous amount for him then we'll maybe consider it. Doesn't mean he's the worth that much, just means the market dictated that price right now.

If a club wants to buy him right now then United would point towards the price of Dembele, Mbappe and set the range according to that.

CG1010

It was upto 49 million pounds, which equates to 69m EUR! And rather than me getting carried away, you just want to downplay Rashford for some reason. But let's agree to disagree at this stage.
Edit: Corrected the number.

Lastwolf

@VP89 how much do you think it would cost say Barcelona to force United's hand in selling Rashford?
Unless Rashford actively pushed for a move, all the money.

Coutinho wanted to go and Liverpool were turning down 120mil. At the end of the day we don't need transfers to balance the books, so it'd have to be a sum that we'd take cause it would fund an additional spree to rebuild the team, which we don't even need to do, he's in no way worth £100-150mil in terms of performance but in todays market, it'd need to be that much to even consider it.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea

Seeing as this seems like a thread to get really anal in, allow me: Martial was bought for euros, not pounds. Up to €80m with all addons.

As for Rashford, I don't think any club would offer more than, say, €75m for him currently. Man Utd wouldn't sell him though. But anyone thinking he should be valued at Dembele or Mbappe level money is crazy. He's not in that league. Though he's obviously worth a lot to Utd.

CG1010

Seeing as this seems like a thread to get really anal in, allow me: Martial was bought for euros, not pounds. Up to €80m with all addons.

As for Rashford, I don't think any club would offer more than, say, €75m for him currently. Man Utd wouldn't sell him though. But anyone thinking he should be valued at Dembele money is crazy.
That's fair mate, its your opinion. My original point anyway was that how cool is it that an academy player has grown to such an extent. If we had to buy him instead from somewhere he would have costed us a lot of money. Of course, any talk of selling him etc. is purely theoretical.

Last edited:

KM

As for Rashford, I don't think any club would offer more than, say, €75m for him currently. Man Utd wouldn't sell him though. But anyone thinking he should be valued at Dembele or Mbappe level money is crazy. He's not in that league. Though he's obviously worth a lot to Utd.
and some still say Rashford is overrated.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Doesn't matter what Rashfords valuation is because I think the club would say f*ck off unless it was 100m.
The club would say feck off to a £200m bid without hesitation.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager

But Mbappe was linked with a transfer to PSG all summer in the €150m range. That is off the back of 6 months in the French league.

Member 90887

So underrated by our fans, he may not be at the level of Mbappe, but he's definitly at the level of Dembele. and if Dembele went for more than 100M. Rashford if someone tried to make an offer, it would have definitly been around the sum Dembele went for. When you see his talent, and the value he has for united.

Watching the other talents in highlights and youtube compilation and Rashford each game for us with all the good and the bad he does is i think, skewing the perception of some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.