5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarrou

My favourite player already. He's reached the level I hoped Welbeck would reach and he's only 20 - it's quite remarkable.

I like how Mourinho is managing his minutes too. Having the fitness and mentality to affect a game for a full 90 is extremely difficult for a young forward, so I think it doesn't hurt that he's sharing game time with Martial.

haram

So underrated by our fans, he may not be at the level of Mbappe, but he's definitly at the level of Dembele. and if Dembele went for more than 100M. Rashford if someone tried to make an offer, it would have definitly being around the sum Dembele went for. When you see his talent, and the value he has for united.

Watching the other talents in highlights and youtube compilation and Rashford each game for us with all the good and the bad he does is i think, skewing the perception of some.
I think Rashford is at least on the level of Dembele. Have to admit I have seen a lot more of Mbappe and Rashford than I have Dembele.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
But Mbappe was linked with a transfer to PSG all summer in the €150m range. That is off the back of 6 months in the French league.
Mbappe was a supreme performer in every competition and scored in 8 consecutive champions league games IIRC.

You can just tell the difference in talent and performance between the two, as good as our rashford is at the moment, Mbappe is quite evidently a level hire.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Mbappe was a supreme performer in every competition and scored in 8 consecutive champions league games IIRC.

You can just tell the difference in talent and performance between the two, as good as our rashford is at the moment, Mbappe is quite evidently a level hire.
But you said the player needs to perform consistenly for a long period to be worth €100m+.

Half a great season doesn’t warrant that especially when Rashford has better stats this season.

Trequartistry

I think Rashford is at least on the level of Dembele. Have to admit I have seen a lot more of Mbappe and Rashford than I have Dembele.
No way, Dembele was reaching world class consistent performances at BVB, one of the best and most dangerous players in the league (or world perhaps).

Chriss10

The boy has the world at his feet, he really has everything it takes to be special. Most of all his attitude and desire to win he never gives up or let’s his head drop.

Comparisons to Ronaldo really aren’t that far off the mark and if he can even become half the player ronaldo turned out to be we have a real talent on our hands and unlike Ronaldo he’s manc born and bred.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Sorry but he needs to score those chances.
Yes, body shape was all wrong he put himself off balance. Almost looked like he was turning his back to the ball fearful of getting clattered by Courtois.

luke511

The guy's awful in the air simple as, it'll be the one thing that'll prevent him from being a striker for us.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
In games like these big chances like that one usually make the difference. Missing there is simply not good enough, he has to make that count.

OneUnited24

His corners are the worst we've had since Nani! At least Nani would beat the first man!

Bojan11

Lukaku getting all the stick.

But he's been worse and missed a easy chance

Charles Miller

Is very rare a young player that can perform in high level consistently.
We should not take definitive conclusions every game.

fanutd

Sorry but he needs to score those chances.
Spot on. Football is a game of moments every event changes the game/momentum. He scores that chance and suddenly we would have Chelsea where we want (committing forward, playing into our hands for the counter). I know this isn't the right thread but decisiveness/productivity is what makes Mbappe seem the better player. Alas we must stick with out lad as eventually its gonna happen for him. Too talented and hardworking to not succeed our Rashford.

kundalini

That early header turned out to be our big chance. A couple of shots near the end that were decent but otherwise a poor performance. Surprised we didn't play short corners given how difficult the run-up is on that pitch.

ROFLUTION

Thought he had a good game except for the missed header and maybe one corner kick. Involved himself, and no need to change - he'll be our World Class player who carries us in a year or two.

Dion

Absolutely diabolical today, even stopped tracking back to have a sulk a few times.

Understandable given his age, but call a turd a turd.

Kopral Jono

Absolutely diabolical today, even stopped tracking back to have a sulk a few times.

Understandable given his age, but call a turd a turd.
Agree. I love Rashford to bits but boy he was atrocious today, even Mkhitaryan had a better game than him.

haram

I think he is being asked to hit the near post with his corners. It's just difficult finding the gap between it and the first man.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
That free header would turned game on our side. Awful effort for striker that. Did he shut his eyes in that situation?

Eddy_JukeZ

Not good enough at this moment to be a starter in the biggest games for a team that aspires to be champions. Just my opinion.

Though tbf to him, I think others are more culpable.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I think he is being asked to hit the near post with his corners. It's just difficult finding the gap between it and the first man.
Someone should ask him to do something else. Especially when we've got four guys in the area who are really strong in the air.

Bojan11

If he's been asked then why is nobody stood at the near post? Seems strange.

His corners are just awful and there's no two ways about it.

VanGaalEra

Should have scored, shit corners but he wasn’t the worst player on the field.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I'm not going to crucify him for missing that header. Courtois was all over it and gave him almost no space. It was a difficult header to score from for anybody, more difficult than Morata's (which was hard in its own right).

He didn't have a good game, and neither did the whole team. What would be interesting to explore, is the 4-3-3 with Rashford and Martial to start with. Mikhi should be dropped for the next few games at the very least, he is getting rightfully torn open a new one in his thread and it'd be nice to see Martial and Rashford on either side of Lukaku and see what that brings. With the way Mikhi is playing, it's like 10 vs 11 at the moment so it's not as if there is something to lose by trying it.

haram

If he's been asked then why is nobody stood at the near post? Seems strange.

His corners are just awful and there's no two ways about it.
They are supposed to run onto it? He takes similar ones every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.