Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I think he's on course to be the club's record goalscorer, fingers crossed.

BehemothTerror

"Marcus Rashford has been directly involved in 14 goals in all competitions for United this season (eight goals, six assists) - just one fewer than he was in 53 games in 2016-17 (11 goals, four assists)."
- Source BBC

Progress :D

ricky-romeo

the kind of finish you want him to improve and be consistent with as he progresses because he will get tons of chances with both of his feet due to his speed and movement.

nice.

T A

Again, simple but effective. I wish Jose could find a stable system to have trio Rashford - Lukaku - Martial all on the pitch together so badly. The day we solve this math, we'll become unstoppable

Charlie Foley

"Marcus Rashford has been directly involved in 14 goals in all competitions for United this season (eight goals, six assists) - just one fewer than he was in 53 games in 2016-17 (11 goals, four assists)."
- Source BBC

Progress :D
Redcafe says different stats

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
It's easy to forget he's not long turned 19. I think some people are a little harsh or perhaps were. He brings a lot to the team with his energy and movement.

NotQuiteManc

Good performance. Just needs to get rid of the "Playstation Football", and be right on the money with the decision making consistently. I am sure he will be able to do it and last night's was from a bit of rustiness and eagerness to impress so he would start in the derby.

NYAS

Again, simple but effective. I wish Jose could find a stable system to have trio Rashford - Lukaku - Martial all on the pitch together so badly. The day we solve this math, we'll become unstoppable
3-4-3 with Rashford and Martial roaming behind Lukaku. Pogba and Matic in midfield, Young and Valencia wing-backs, Rojo, Smalling +1 at CB and De God in goal.

Greck

Though people are harsh with he and Martial on their bad days some of the criticism is fair. His football brain seems to halve when he's on the ball at speed.

On the ball he has come a long way from the boy who used to dribble with his head down. Now needs to learn to spot his teammate's runs and execute them early (eg the assist he gave Lukaku for the first goal of the season). A huge leap to make but he'll become class if he can add this.

In the meantime people need to tamper their expectations of the lad. Has holes in his game but he's a sponge when it comes to learning

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Needs a rollicking at half time. Wasting chances. Breaking down silly moves with flicks to nowhere. Overhitting that easy through ball to Lukaku. Not crossing for Herrera. Lost the ball for their goal too didn’t he? Poor so far either way.
Lukaku getting stuck non stop. Whilst Rashford has been miles worse and in a non arsed mode.
He's been shite again tonight. He makes some really stupid choices on the pitch at times. I'm sure he'll learn with time.
What a garbage first half by him.
He's certainly lacks technical skill at a certain point and that become apparent when he go to take on a defender in front of him. A bit much like Lukaku he is
I can't believe some people think he is as good as Mbappe. He has a lot to learn still.
Think he's been excellent today.. really dangerous and generally pretty consistent with his decision making. Looks to have some fire back in his belly - good to see!
his dribbling was out of this world today. Really loved his display, what a talent ! :drool:
He was good just needs to raise his head more often to assess his options in the final third, if he can improve that aspect he can an absolute star.
Excellent performance today. The goal was deserved for him for that performance. That said he somewhat needs to work on his 1 vs 1 finishing.
Can't believe some of the comments in here. Expectations of a forward his age have become very twisted indeed.
He was a real threat and got on the scoresheet. A striker's job
So sharp, so dangerous. God help us all if he gets his decision-making up to speed.
I missed the match, but what the feck do I think about his performance judging from those comments? Very extreme reactions.

el3mel

I missed the match, but what the feck do I think about his performance judging from those comments? Very extreme reactions.
All honestly I don't know why people are very harsh on him. Once he does something wrong he gets doomed like missing a chance in first half. At least they should wait till the end of the game!

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Martial could have the exact same first half and would be praised because at least he's having a go but somehow its garbage when Rashford causes a lot of trouble but just doesn't find the end finish.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Honestly thought it was his most positive overall performance in some time and he looked a threat throughout even in first half. Typical moments of overrunning the ball and missing chances but very few and far between and in general our most exciting performer in an attacking sense. He was playing like he had a point to prove.

ZupZup

I think people are too harsh on the likes of Rashford and Martial when they watch them. They won’t beat their man every time and they won’t always manage to play the final ball accurately enough but I am really not arsed...

Both players get me on the edge of my seat and I feel like something is about to happen. That’s why I watch football. Last night quite a few of the things Rashford tried didn’t quite come off, but at the same time, I lost count of the number of times he had a CSKA defender on toast as soon as he knocked it by him.

I much rather watch this type of player than a more conservative one who is scared to lose the ball or try a bit of a skill to beat his man. It won’t always work and sometimes you might have one of those games where nothing works... but I’d rather encourage these sort of players and enjoy the brilliance when it does come off.

Ashley R1+O

Superb finish, get a complete buzz watching him and on the edge of my seat wanting to see him do well. Loving it!

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
As @bosnian_red said. Wonderful talent and we all hope he progresses to the elite level we know he can be. But he has so many frustratingly wasteful moments in games too. It got to me last night and I should have stayed patient and not posted tbf.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Martial could have the exact same first half and would be praised because at least he's having a go but somehow its garbage when Rashford causes a lot of trouble but just doesn't find the end finish.
Hate these kinds of posts and just further divides fans into different camps.
Martial gets underserved criticism also.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It’s scary (in a good way!) how much this thread reminds me of Ronaldo threads when he was the same age...
It was like watching Ronaldo at times last night. His powerful running, powerful shooting and the way he uses his pace reminds me of Ronaldo a lot. If he ends up being half as good as Ronaldo then we're sorted.

Home&Away

For both him & martial - it's time we settle them as strikers now so they can both improve.

Rashford in particular would be great as a player who beefs up a little bit in my opinion; a striker who can use a bit of strength to get past oppnents.

Pacificgi

He had a great game. I don't understand some of those posts above. He was a constant threat and our biggest threat all game.
Yes he was a constant threat, looked very lively last night and his goal was well taken. I understand the concerns over his finishing too though, he seems to miss so many one on ones it can get frustrating.

Acole9

Outstanding
He was quality in the second half, as with Lukaku I'm pleased he scored.

MadMike

Martial could have the exact same first half and would be praised because at least he's having a go but somehow its garbage when Rashford causes a lot of trouble but just doesn't find that finish.
It depends on the poster. There’s plenty who would lambaste Martial if he had a first half like Rashford‘s just have a look at the Martial thread. There’s also many who would have said it was good in all fairness. Player judgments tend to the extremes, one is either great or shite rarely something in the middle.

Personally I don’t think he had a bad game at all, he was very busy and a threat throughout. Just his link up play was a bit rusty in the first half. If he had another goal in that first half, it would have been a great performance but he took his chance very well in the 2nd so no complaints from me.

Greck

Yes he was a constant threat, looked very lively last night and his goal was well taken. I understand the concerns over his finishing too though, he seems to miss so many one on ones it can get frustrating.
His finishing was okay. Many of those chances came on his weaker foot. Hit the bar with one effort and scored an impressive finish. The frustrations yesterday came from constantly killing counters/promising attacks with questionable decisions.

T A

3-4-3 with Rashford and Martial roaming behind Lukaku. Pogba and Matic in midfield, Young and Valencia wing-backs, Rojo, Smalling +1 at CB and De God in goal.
Sounds like a real prospect :drool:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Thought the boy was excellent last night. He’s not as polished as Martial yet, but you imagine a two year gap could do that. Caused them a lot of havoc. Different type to Martial, but has huge potential. I don’t think he’ll ever be quite as tidy with the ball, but he does possess a rare explosiveness.

Treble

If his close control was as good as Martial's, Rashford would be up there with Mbappe and already one of the best in the league. He's young though and it is normal for him to be a bit inconsistent. Potential is huge.

Pacificgi

His finishing was okay. Many of those chances came on his weaker foot. Hit the bar with one effort and scored an impressive finish. The frustrations yesterday came from constantly killing counters/promising attacks with questionable decisions.
Ive no issue with his link up play as thats bound to improve.

haram

He wasn't even that bad in the first half, people over reacted.

Greck

Ive no issue with his link up play as thats bound to improve.
He's constantly improving. At one point last season he only ran with his head down and wouldn't have made that finish with his left but his link up play while in motion still needs a lot of polish. For now it's limiting his effectiveness on counters

Dante

Average bang
A couple of misses brought the love-Martial-hate-Rashford crowd crawling out the woodwork. But even on those misses, his movement to get away from his defender was very good.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's so funny how the Martial and Rashford fans say and sound the exact same. I've read that quite a bit about Rashford on the Martial thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.