Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
His return this season is phenomenal. 16 goals and assists in 25 appearances for a 20 year old is brilliant. My biggest issue recently is that he seems to have bought into his own hype. When he gets the ball, sometimes, he doesn't seem to want to pass. I can do this myself... if not I'll fizz in this shit, flat, hollywood cross that will result in a goal kick. His set pieces are awful, beyond awful. Young should have slapped him one when he asked to take the free kick and I hate the way he hits them, too. Needs to be a little more selfless. Also needs to stop pussying out of any physical confrontation - although he definitely needs to bulk up a little even if he loses a little pace.

Deleted member 101472

Definitely agree that he’s bought into his own hype a little bit. His demeanour on the pitch just seems different to me. I can only assume that he lashes in free kicks for fun in training, the second we got that one yesterday he didn’t even hesitate, he was on his way to get the ball. It really should be a simple rule that when there’s a player on the pitch who just a few weeks ago scored literally the perfect free kick, you let them hit it.

He’s probably going to stagnate a little in his development now if he’s sticking to wider positions. The only way I can see him becoming a world beater there is with a proper marauding full back in the alex Sandro mould. It’s no shock that the most successful teams in recent years have had their LB and RB constantly overlapping and occupying at least one extra player (Carvajal and Marcelo, Alba and Alves good recent examples). I guess it’s really as simple as a defensive first approach limits what Rashford can achieve on the pitch, and the same goes for the other attackers.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Definitely agree that he’s bought into his own hype a little bit. His demeanour on the pitch just seems different to me. I can only assume that he lashes in free kicks for fun in training, the second we got that one yesterday he didn’t even hesitate, he was on his way to get the ball. It really should be a simple rule that when there’s a player on the pitch who just a few weeks ago scored literally the perfect free kick, you let them hit it.

He’s probably going to stagnate a little in his development now if he’s sticking to wider positions. The only way I can see him becoming a world beater there is with a proper marauding full back in the alex Sandro mould. It’s no shock that the most successful teams in recent years have had their LB and RB constantly overlapping and occupying at least one extra player (Carvajal and Marcelo, Alba and Alves good recent examples). I guess it’s really as simple as a defensive first approach limits what Rashford can achieve on the pitch, and the same goes for the other attackers.
You’re saying this as if we had a wide range of options to take it. It was either Rashford or Ashley Young. We just don’t really have that many good freekick takers in our squad. Young scoring 1 freekick in 7 years at United shouldn’t give him an automatic right to take free kicks but I agree neither should Rashford but these are the only options we have.

Deleted member 101472

You’re saying this as if we had a wide range of options to take it. It was either Rashford or Ashley Young. We just don’t really have that many good freekick takers in our squad. Young scoring 1 freekick in 7 years at United shouldn’t give him an automatic right to take free kicks but I agree neither should Rashford but these are the only options we have.
It’s not about the options we had, more his psychology around it. He’s scored one free kick for us (I think, maybe two) and doesn’t really have the right to be assuming he’ll be taking the free kick. I’d like to see him look around and have his teammates tell him he should take it. It’s just a little sign of over confidence/arrogance, and you can play it of as a good thing that he’s so willing but I don’t know, it didn’t sit right with me.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
While Mou feels sorry for Michael Oliver, after watching the match last night I kinda feel sorry for Rashford. It's pretty evident how talented he is but feel his development will undoubtedly be less than what it could/should be under a different coach

Greck

A minor peeve I have with Mou is how much patience/trust he seems to have for certain players in relation to others (particularly his signings). With how Lukaku has performed at CF recently there's absolutely no reason Rash or Martial shouldn't be rotated there in important games. How many dropped points do we need to try something different. Our progress doesn't need to be held hostage by the form of underperforming players

Last edited:

Zoo

While Mou feels sorry for Michael Oliver, after watching the match last night I kinda feel sorry for Rashford. It's pretty evident how talented he is but feel his development will undoubtedly be less than what it could/should be under a different coach
This is not true though, Mourinho couldn't really have done any more to bring Rashford on.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
This is not true though, Mourinho couldn't really have done any more to bring Rashford on.
I just meant there is too much there in terms of his potential that its a shame he isn't being brought along with a more attacking coach to get the best out of his game. In a parallel development path under someone else, I wonder how much more from him we'd see. There were moments in the match that I really marveled at his technique and fluidity

Jeffthered

Still a super young player, who has made a great impact at a massive club.. this needs to be considered. He is also, now, an essential part of England's first XI, which is a great, great achievement. But yes, a bit of 'believing his own hype..' is resulting in him trying too much. Too much floss and dressing... he needs to be young, powerful, quick, dangerous and direct. Keep his game simple, and show humility, and keep learning.. make sure his crosses are consistent, work on his left foot, start being dangerous in the air... score lots of tap-in's, improve consistency at set-pieces, and not look for the great looking goal or moment.

It's hard to criticise Rashford... he has and continues to do amazingly well. He has overtaken many, far more experienced players in that squad, who now look to HIM for inspiration. They should be guiding Rashford.

What I also like about him, is that he wants to make things happen... took his goal beautifully on Sunday. A young talisman who continues to develop. He could be an awesome player... needs a manager/coach who can appreciate him as an attacking player, and Mourinho, sadly, isn't going to do that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Great strike that hit the bar... don't think he's played well at all though. Bit out of form lately since Martial replaced him as the main starter. Doesn't look too happy on the pitch either, not sure why.

ash_86

His shooting technique is one of the best i have seen. Wonder who's coaching him as it was different when he arrived.

Silas

That would probably have been a contender for goal of the season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Shots like that deserve to be goals, it's a shame it will be completely forgotten about now!

But yeah wasn't a great performance that aside. He seems to struggle way more as a sub than a starter.

el3mel

His right leg is very strong. Another day and it would have been a goal.

However, anyone noticed he couldn't outpace their full back ?

wr8_utd

:'(
Great striker but was poor apart from that. Was absolutely fuming with him at the corner where he just brainlessly gave it away and they countered and got that free kick. Just compare it to how City players kept the ball in the corner for 3 mins on Sunday.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Could just be losing the derby, being on the bench for 65 minutes or something like that. Don't think its a big deal.
Possibly. But I used to be a striker and I know how frustrating it is to be shifted wide while I'm unable to dislodge the starting 9. :lol:

He was certainly frustrated by Hererra making a pig’s mickey out of what should have been a routine through-ball. Ditto Lukaku, a few minutes later.
Might be this as well. Poor from Herrera.

RooneyLegend

Amazing that he cant get a game up top even when our main striker is playing some horrendous football.

RooneyLegend

Amazing that he cant get a game up top even when our main striker is playing some horrendous football.

NYAS

I don’t think he was getting outpaced, the only reason people are saying that is because there was one moment where he tried to kick-and-run past their RB. The only problem was, he tried to do it while he was still about 5 yards behind said RB, and trusted his pace way too much. That was never going to happen.

Art

Art the artist
I can't remember the last time Rashford had a good performance for us in the league.

R10Football

He needs to play central in maybe a two man striker ship. Wasted as a winger, has speed, but lacks the intelligence.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Yep; shoehorning him into the team wide isn’t doing his development any good at all. He’d be better off going out on loan to somewhere like Newcastle in January to play exclusively throught the middle.

Mourinho isn’t arsed about his long-term development as he’ll be elsewhere, but the club will lose out in the long run if he’s continuously used exclusively as a grafting wide man.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Yep; shoehorning him into the team wide isn’t doing his development any good at all. He’d be better off going out on loan to somewhere like Newcastle in January to play exclusively throught the middle.

Mourinho isn’t arsed about his long-term development as he’ll be elsewhere, but the club will lose out in the long run if he’s continuously used exclusively as a grafting wide man.
But it's ok for Martial?

Status
Not open for further replies.