Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
It’s not about the options we had, more his psychology around it. He’s scored one free kick for us (I think, maybe two) and doesn’t really have the right to be assuming he’ll be taking the free kick. I’d like to see him look around and have his teammates tell him he should take it. It’s just a little sign of over confidence/arrogance, and you can play it of as a good thing that he’s so willing but I don’t know, it didn’t sit right with me.
On the other hand, it could have been instructions from Mourinho on who should take free kicks. Didn't see anyone complaining. But, I agree that Rashford and Martial should both put their heads down and think about being better footballers than already considering themselves to be great.

SATA

He seems to behave more like a prima donna these days on the pitch, enraging at his teammates for misplacing passes and not to his feet

Deleted member 101472

He seems to behave more like a prima donna these days on the pitch, enraging at his teammates for misplacing passes and not to his feet
Yep, the way he had a go at Herrera, who had just put in an inch perfect slide tackle then put the ball into empty space for him to run into but Rashford checked his run. Not on.

Deleted member 101472

On the other hand, it could have been instructions from Mourinho on who should take free kicks. Didn't see anyone complaining. But, I agree that Rashford and Martial should both put their heads down and think about being better footballers than already considering themselves to be great.
Aye that’s a fair point.

The lad needs to be played centrally asap IMO, I do rate his hold up and link up play. It’s just a bit stale out left at the moment.

MZX7

Aye that’s a fair point.

The lad needs to be played centrally asap IMO, I do rate his hold up and link up play. It’s just a bit stale out left at the moment.
I still feel Martial is the talent that I have my hopes pinned on. I'll be very happy to see Rashford exceed expectations, but I just can't see him having too much potential. Martial on the other hand has loads of potential. Just needs to have a better attitude and a coach who will work with him individually to make him better.

Deleted member 101472

I still feel Martial is the talent that I have my hopes pinned on. I'll be very happy to see Rashford exceed expectations, but I just can't see him having too much potential. Martial on the other hand has loads of potential. Just needs to have a better attitude and a coach who will work with him individually to make him better.
I’m just hoping for the days that they stay behind after training to work on a strike partnership, which undoubtedly has potential, especially in a 352.

I’d love to see that, maybe swap Ibra for Lingard or an inform mata/mkhi

MZX7

I’m just hoping for the days that they stay behind after training to work on a strike partnership, which undoubtedly has potential, especially in a 352.

Not gonna happen unless Lukaku falls out of Mourinho's favor.

Will be great to see though. I'd even play Mata or Mkhi (whenever he's back in form) behind them.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
There is obvious improvement in his shooting, even in the free kicks. He has developed Ronaldo type shots. Bale also did it, he had different striking technique but all of a sudden he started to shoot like Ronaldo and scored lot of goals.

Hopefully he continues his development. Shooting like that from distance can be huge asset in tight games when we can't open up the game.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don’t think he was getting outpaced, the only reason people are saying that is because there was one moment where he tried to kick-and-run past their RB. The only problem was, he tried to do it while he was still about 5 yards behind said RB, and trusted his pace way too much. That was never going to happen.
Yup it’s weird people don’t recognise this. He was never outpaced, their right back just stood off him and gave himself a few yards head start. There was one time that he appeared to match Rashford for pace but it was only because Rashford was accelerating from a standing position and carrying the ball and the fullback was already jogging back when they both hit the afterburners.

It’s just how a fullback should be playing at this level, always with a couple of yards played in his head. It’s something Blind excells at.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Feck me i'd be unbelievably pissed off if I hit that shot and it hit the feckin' bar.

Though to be fair, if I hit a ball like that, it would probably be my greatest achievement in life... so I'd be pretty thrilled about it, though when I then realise that my greatest achievement in life resulted in absolutely nothing, well...that's Making a Murderer Season 2.

King_Eric

Feck me i'd be unbelievably pissed off if I hit that shot and it hit the feckin' bar.

Though to be fair, if I hit a ball like that, it would probably be my greatest achievement in life... so I'd be pretty thrilled about it, though when I then realise that my greatest achievement in life resulted in absolutely nothing, well...that's Making a Murderer Season 2.
I'd be in the hospital after hitting a ball like that.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
To generate that power from taking two step position is something else. If he's this accurate in training he should be given license to shoot on sight.

Number1

Why say something like that? I and I'm sure many other people have not even watched the first season yet so thanks for the spoiler :rolleyes:

Last edited:

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I like how one of the Bournemouth players stared at Rashford after the shot as if he was wondering where the feck that shot came from.

iKeano

Came here to comment this. I love the kid, but he needs to reign that in quick smart. His attitude stank lastnite, he wasn't chasing down seemingly dead balls which he would have last season or the season before. Throwing his hands up petulantly, he seemed in a right mood.

Outrageous effort though!

West Brom 1:2 Man Utd

Heardy

Sky Sports just noted he's the only United player to have played in all 27 games this season.

That's pretty impressive! would love to see him get a few more games upfront rather than on the left or right mind.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Delicious cross for the assist, well in Rashford.

Bojan11

Wish he crossed it more because his crosses are probably the best in the squad.

PoTMS

Pretty poor tbh bar the cross. I’d like to see him lead the line against Bristol City and sling him off at HT today for Martial who would have fun with Nyom/Hegazi.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This he let himself down there.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He has flashes of brilliance like that. Once it all clicks he'll be a monster.

RedStarUnited

He is too much like Hazard when games are "won". He never wants to do any extra work. So every pass to him will be going backwards.

I hate that mentality.

ash_86

He seems to be void of any joy playing as a winger. We should either play him as a striker or not. We should ideally brining him for Lukaku at 80 mins

Djemba-Djemba

Not a great game but a brilliant cross for the goal.

His output is fantastic. Even if he's not playing well he'll get you a goal or an assist.

Greck

Think it's a testament to he and Martial's ability that they are able to maintain producivity in an attack as uncohesive as ours. Week in week out they are expected to create match winning contributions and have delivered so far although through inconsistent performances.

Swift Football

The forward line reminds me of the team last year......Struggles to put the ball into the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.