5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

marktan

I'm not sure if really has the mindset or technical skills to be a wide player. The runs he makes and the shots he takes are a strikers play, and on the wings he often doesn't really know what to do other than kick and run or to cross it.

BulgarianDevil91

What are you people talking? Is it the Champions League final we just lost? Can't wait for him to score a winning goal in the future just to see opinions in this thread going 180 degrees the other way.

Drainy

We're never winning a league title while Martial and Rashford are starting, as harsh as that sounds. Just far too inconsistent and don't deliver enough. Compare them to Sane and Sterling who are on the wings at City, they rarely have 2-3 bad games in a short spell. Our two have them on a regular basis.
22 and 20 respectively - 19 goals and assists between them sharing a job out wide in a Mourinho team.

City are City and are flying at the moment, we can only do our own thing and hope they go off the boil- we are not going to match their current streak of winning every game, bar one and being undefeated- best not dismiss two of the most promising young attacking talents just because we're not at that level...

Telegram Sam

He needs to be doing a hell of a lot more to fulfil any potential he has/had.

Obviously the incredible inconsistency also comes with his age and relative inexperience though.

To be honest I can’t see it happening under the current regime as I don’t believe Mouinho is or has ever been the kind of manager/coach who can nurture a “raw talent” and get the best out of them.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
@haram

Never called him shit. And besides one opinion doesnt apply as universally gospel. I said hes over rated, which he is. He may be a kid but hes literally ni better than the kid who burst onto the scene against Arsenal, City, West Ham etc.

IAmAWinner

Really infuriated me when he didn't pass to Lukaku. Will get the Mkhi treatment from Jose, but not as extreme. A couple of weeks on the bench may wise him up.

haram

@haram

Never called him shit. And besides one opinion doesnt apply as universally gospel. I said hes over rated, which he is. He may be a kid but hes literally ni better than the kid who burst onto the scene against Arsenal, City, West Ham etc.
You said he was an awful player.

Godfather

Won't win shit with him and martial starting most of our games both still way too inconsistent. We need reinforcement on the right and on the left wing

Dobbs

Going through that typical phase most young players do. They start over thinking, they start trying to emulate, try too hard to impress. They almost take a backwards step from the player we first saw playing on instinct. It's a stage you have to you through if you want to develop a top player.

I can clearly remember Ronaldo putting in similar performances against lower league opposiion.

JoaquinJoaquin

22 and 20 respectively - 19 goals and assists between them sharing a job out wide in a Mourinho team.

City are City and are flying at the moment, we can only do our own thing and hope they go off the boil- we are not going to match their current streak of winning every game, bar one and being undefeated- best not dismiss two of the most promising young attacking talents just because we're not at that level...
I think it's a perfectly fair comparison to make comparing Martial and Rashford to Sterling and Sane. And the fact of the matter is, the latter two deliver and put teams to the sword on a regular basis. Ours only deliver at times and there is absolutely no consistency with them.

Godfather

Amazing that Rashford is getting panned whilst the Martial thread lies dormant. At least Rashford came close to scoring a brilliant goal.
He was abysmal apart from that effort though. Absolutely shocking performance against a championship team. If him and martial can't even dominate defenses like that we really need to think about investing in their positions

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Nearly got a sweet goal. Should have passed to Lukaku for that two on one. Could do with passing it more than he shoots.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's been quite shit for about a month now.

I don't know if there's something going on in his personal life, being pissy about losing his first team spot to Martial, or something else going on behind the scenes, but he needs to pull his head in. It doesn't just feel like a run of bad form, but it feels like his attitude isn't right.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He was abysmal apart from that effort though. Absolutely shocking performance against a championship team. If him and martial can't even dominate defenses like that we really need to think about investing in their positions
Martial looked like he could dominate when he actually gave a feck. Can't understand why he doesn't play with any throttle whatsoever. He'd be devastating if he did so.

engulfing

His shooting is improving. He'll be a really really good player in 3 years. Needs more ability on his left though.

Drainy

I think it's a perfectly fair comparison to make comparing Martial and Rashford to Sterling and Sane. And the fact of the matter is, the latter two deliver and put teams to the sword on a regular basis. Ours only deliver at times and there is absolutely no consistency with them.
Could have said the same about them last season. Sane and Sterling play in a consistent possession team with other top class attacking players and midfielders who actually pass and move. When they mess up the team recycles the ball quickly so it's not as big of a deal.

We play a more rigid system where we rely on individual skill, attackers are always going to be less consistently threatening in that kind of system.

Di Maria's angel

Martial was dribbling into blind allies and losing the ball the time too. Rashford lost the ball or was dispossessed 6 times, Martial 7.
Not simply misplacing passes and this isnt just a problem today. He screwed a golden opportunity to play Lukaku in because he was, most likely, looking to score. He doesnt seem interested in passing.

haram

Caf's masterminds kept saying play both Martial and Rashford at the same time and push Rashford to the right. Mourinho was a moron for being reluctant to do so.

Well here you go.

Robbie Boy

What's the story with people having favourites between Rashford and Martial and slagging off one to praise / defend the other. It's fecking weird.

Dobbs

Honestly, read the title of thread I made. You and @Minimalist are trying so hard to be clever. Like little kids.
I'm serious. Way too negative about a young player making his way.

However its funny how a goal either way grants permission to criticise or not. Same game tonight but somehow we win. Would you be chastising us for criticising performances?

Di Maria's angel

Complete bollocks.

Don't say something and then lie because you look like a cock after saying it.
Play and player. Two letters. A little knee jerk but play was meant. Ive praised him a lot all season. Why would I think hes a shit player?

Trizy

I just don't see him lasting here. He still has youth on his side but I've seen nothing that shows he'll be a class striker or winger. It's an unpopular opinion I know.

To make it worse he's massively overrated on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.