5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home&Away

Agree he shouldn't be. When we signed Ibra we had a number of posters saying it'll be great for his development. I argued against that at the time.

However right now his only chance of playing is out wide. Plus whatever position he's in he needs time.

Ah so now Mourinho has started picking him a little more frequently on the right, something you were dead against, it's now ok. Your objection has now shifted to him consistently playing there.

It is odd you chastise posters for wanting him on the right but you never comment on the manager for actually playing him there.
Yep & this is why he is frustrated & trying to shoot like Ronaldo every game because he is getting further & further away from the box. The guy was a predator with clinical finishing in his first season.

Bojan11

We need a winger in January.

He’s not good enough to start as a winger. His hold up play as a striker isn’t great either and he gets muscled off the ball too easily.

haram

Agree he shouldn't be. When we signed Ibra we had a number of posters saying it'll be great for his development. I argued against that at the time.

However right now his only chance of playing is out wide. Plus whatever position he's in he needs time.

Ah so now Mourinho has started picking him a little more frequently on the right, something you were dead against, it's now ok. Your objection has now shifted to him consistently playing there.

It is odd you chastise posters for wanting him on the right but you never comment on the manager for actually playing him there.
No, I chastised the fact that people were going over the top thinking it was the genius solution to everything. Mourinho himself said there was drawbacks to playing them both. When I said Mata was better than Rashford on the right I got all this stick.

Just because Mourinho is trying to navigate through fixtures doesn't mean it's the right solution for us. It should be enough against Bristol City. People think we should just play them every week in any game. When Mourinho didn't do that people went crazy. When I defended his position I got stick.

pascell

If he had the mentality of a young Rooney, he'd be something else. Unfortunately he seems weak minded and when he comes up against a defender wanting a battle, he shys out of it.

Said it countless times when people called for it to happen but he should never start on the RW, it didn't work last season and it hasn't worked this season.

We'll 100% go for a RW in January as our attack is severely unbalanced as it is.

Neilwij

This guy has all the potential but he shouldn't be starting so many games, but because of our lack of quality we find ourselves being overly reliant on him. Then comes the pressure of being that player and then as with a lot of young players their form becomes inconsistent.

Neilwij

Of course not to also mention the fact he is played out of position, again due to our lack of quality

Dobbs

No, I chastised the fact that people were going over the top thinking it was the genius solution to everything. Mourinho himself said there was drawbacks to playing them both. When I said Mata was better than Rashford on the right I got all this stick.

Just because Mourinho is trying to navigate through fixtures doesn't mean it's the right solution for us. It should be enough against Bristol City. People think we should just play them every week in any game. When Mourinho didn't do that people went crazy. When I defended his position I got stick.
Nah nobody said that Haram. People just wanted to give it a go because our right side was rubbish. Obviously the manager thinks the same. You've given Rashford how many games there before writing him off? Three? You've also completely dismissed the fact he's off form right now, position on pitch making no difference.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Definitely admit I was wrong about the right wing stuff, though it is a bit disappointing as I look at Mbappe (who is a better talent of course) but I'd like to think that Rashford could develop in a similar fashion on the right wing playing further up, especially with his ability to whip a ball in with his right foot. Saying that, no really a fan of him on the left either as he gets too focused into just outrunning fullbacks or just cutting in to look for a shot that his performance there within the same game can be way too inconsistent. I don't think he's suited to a lone striker yet either (not many are at 20), but as part of a front 2 is where he can be most effective for now. Incidentally, it's how I think we bring the best out of Martial as well, the exact type of role he had against Arsenal, where he's not the furthest man forward, but playing just off a striker. Also how to get the best out of Lingard as he's best in that hole behind 2 strikers. Negative here is that we have Lukaku playing up top who I don't think plays that well with another striker, or at least not one like Rashford. So Rashford's basically competing with Lukaku for opportunities in his best position and role. Which is why I'm not too keen on Lukaku as while we can get the best out of Martial playing just off Lukaku, I don't think Lukaku and Rashford are the type to ever get the best out of each other.

haram

Nah nobody said that Haram. People just wanted to give it a go because our right side was rubbish. Obviously the manager thinks the same. You've given Rashford how many games there before writing him off? Three?
People were convinced all we had to do is play both of them at the same time. I would know because I got so much shit for saying we shouldn't and that Mourinho was right for being reluctant. I got ridiculed for saying Mata offered more balance on the right. I would even explain this several times.

Georgan

Doesn't know how to do the simple thing. Needs benching ASAP. Atrocious against Championship side Bristol.

haram

Everyone keeps taking about all this potential he has and how great he could be and I just can't see it. It's always baffled me how highly rated he is.
He has 9 goals, 7 assists at 20 years old for Manchester United, playing in every game under a demanding manager like Mourinho. If you cant see his potential you're just blind.

Jig1234

Rashford is not a winger. Mourinho has ruined him. It doesn't help that he uses him on the wrong flank even when he does play on the wing. He is so right footed, he has to check back onto his right football everytime.

Even on the right wing it's not ideal but he is a no.9. That's all he is. I rather see him play no.9 over Ibrahimovic and sometimes maybe with Lukaku.

Under Mourinho Rashford's game has regressed because of our style of play and the fact he is used out of position.

haram

Rashford is not a winger. Mourinho has ruined him. It doesn't help that he uses him on the wrong flank even when he does play on the wing. He is so right footed, he has to check back onto his right football everytime.

Even on the right wing it's not ideal but he is a no.9. That's all he is. I rather see him play no.9 over Ibrahimovic and sometimes maybe with Lukaku.

Under Mourinho Rashford's game has regressed because of our style of play and the fact he is used out of position.
He is better on the left and has got better under Mourinho, what on earth are you talking about?

Jig1234

He is better on the left and has got better under Mourinho, what on earth are you talking about?
He's not better at all. He has gone backwards. He is better on the right. Nothing natural about him having to check back onto his right foot everytime, those few seconds make all the difference. Ideally you want someone two footed or someone left footed to put in a cross first time.

All of this is not the major issue. The main problem is that Mourinho has recruited poorly, or not enough. He should've invested in actual wingers. Instead of sticking a striker on the wing.

We'd be better off using Rashford as a striker, rotate with Lukaku or play with him. He isn't consist on the wing.

Bojan11

People forgetting Rashford played striker many times last season and was atrocious.

Instead of blaming the manager. Just admit he’s not ready to lead the line and he is best used as a impact sub against tiring defences.

An Irish Red

He has 9 goals, 7 assists at 20 years old for Manchester United, playing in every game under a demanding manager like Mourinho. If you cant see his potential you're just blind.
He has four league goals in eighteen games so using those stats to bolster your argument is misleading.

I just don't think he's that talented. He's a 'kick and run' player and I don't think he has the ability to be much more than that. If he played elsewhere I think a lot more people would agree with me.

ash_86

We should not play him in the wings or as a wide forward. We should rotate Rashford with Lukaku or not play him at all. I know he is getting game time which looks important, but playing in the wrong position will make him end up without knowing his preferred position. That's not exactly a good thing, ask Blind.

haram

He has four league goals in eighteen games so using those stats to bolster your argument is misleading.

I just don't think he's that talented. He's a 'kick and run' player and I don't think he has the ability to be much more than that. If he played elsewhere I think a lot more people would agree with me.
Yeah and he doesn't play up front. He just turned 20. I dont know what you're expecting from a kid. He's more than just kick and run. Do some of you even watch him play? If he played elsewhere we would say he's great just like all other opposition fans do.

He's not better at all. He has gone backwards. He is better on the right. Nothing natural about him having to check back onto his right foot everytime, those few seconds make all the difference. Ideally you want someone two footed or someone left footed to put in a cross first time.

All of this is not the major issue. The main problem is that Mourinho has recruited poorly, or not enough. He should've invested in actual wingers. Instead of sticking a striker on the wing.

We'd be better off using Rashford as a striker, rotate with Lukaku or play with him. He isn't consist on the wing.
Better on the right based off what? Based off him being right footed? What about his actual performances? You're talking nonsense.

haram

In fact, I just did a search. This 'An Irish Red' fella has nothing good to say about Rashford. You just dont like the guy. He's done a lot of good this year and you cant even praise him once.

You have a clear agenda.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
If he had the mentality of a young Rooney, he'd be something else. Unfortunately he seems weak minded and when he comes up against a defender wanting a battle, he shys out of it.

Said it countless times when people called for it to happen but he should never start on the RW, it didn't work last season and it hasn't worked this season.

We'll 100% go for a RW in January as our attack is severely unbalanced as it is.
That's actually not his problem. His mentality is more than fine imo and he doesn't shy away from the challenge at all. He is just often too predictable with his dribbling as it boils down to him kicking the ball and beating the player by pure pace. As teams frequently sit deep against us that space in which he thrives is even more limited.

Overall, he is doing well considering his age.

An Irish Red

In fact, I just did a search. This 'An Irish Red' fella has nothing good to say about Rashford. You just dont like the guy. He's done a lot of good this year and you cant even praise him once.

You have a clear agenda.
I think he could end up as a decent striker. I don't think he's good enough to be first choice for us though and I don't think he'll ever be. It's nothing to do with disliking him.

Not rating somebody highly isn't an agenda any more than someone rating him highly is. It's just an opinion, I have nothing to gain from it.

haram

I think he could end up as a decent striker. I don't think he's good enough to be first choice for us though and I don't think he'll ever be. It's nothing to do with disliking him.

Not rating somebody highly isn't an agenda any more than someone rating him highly is. It's just an opinion, I have nothing to gain from it.
Why do you never post anything positive about him then?

PepsiCola

He is a striker, not a winger. His best play came under LvG as a forward. Lukaku isn't the striker to bring the best out of Rashford either.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He is a striker, not a winger. His best play came under LvG as a forward. Lukaku isn't the striker to bring the best out of Rashford either.
Yep. Think he plays best in a front 2 with someone like a prime Rooney behind him. A creative, more physical deep lying forward, as Rashford is a poacher. Lukaku is also a poacher. Playing 2 poachers together doesn't work at all. Don't think he's particular suited to being a lone striker either, but maybe that'll come with time. Incidentally I think Martial is also best playing as that deeper striker, free role type player in a front 2, so theoretically both Rashford and Martial could turn into a very good strike partnership. Problem is of course Lukaku being there for the foreseeable future, meaning I don't think either will really be at quite their best. Or at least not Rashford, as his best role is exactly Lukaku's while Martial can play off of either.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
It's not just Rashford. To me, both him and Martial are central players that have no business on the wings. It is very frustrating because I think Rashford could even surpass Lukaku if we give him a proper run in the middle.

RooneyLegend

This him being wide experiment is doing no one any favours. Cant even get a start up top in a second rate competition.

manunited1919

He would be in a the bench a lot. He just isn’t ready to lead the line.

manunited1919

Sometimes I wonder if he will develop into a great player or not. So many times at crucial times he doesn’t see other players in better positions than him; or if he does see them, he sends an errant pass. It is a bit frustrating to watch. But of course, he is only 20.

manunited1919

It's not just Rashford. To me, both him and Martial are central players that have no business on the wings. It is very frustrating because I think Rashford could even surpass Lukaku if we give him a proper run in the middle.
Lukaku has more experience, better finishing with his head and possibly his feet, more strength, gets in better positions, is a problem for defenders when he is around, and can deal with pressure better. And you want MU to depend on a 20 year old as striker? Or do you want Rashford to sit on the bench as Lukakus sub?

Hawks2008

Was very greedy today but he doesn't work on the right wing. I reckon he should have started up top tbh, but he'll never be a 9 under Mourinho so lets just keep sticking him on the wing I guess...

Ashley R1+O

Was not expecting the emotional meltdowns from some in here. He's young and raw and will continue to develop.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
He is a 'moments' player. He isn't the type of player who will keep affecting the game throughout the 90 minutes. The problem is, when those moments don't come, he looks pretty poor

King_Cantona07

Rashford playing wing is not a problem most young striker gets game time on wing because centre forward is a tactically important position and need good awareness which rashford clearly lacks at this point. He can mature by playing wings and brining in awareness into game. Which most established took successfully into stride but in rashford’s case he seem to sulk at it and try to go out of tatctical position and prove everybody wrong which is an issue. A tactical oriented manager like mourinho may not like this for long. If mourinho stays rashford should be worried. already can see slight preference towards martial when going with 2 forward setup. Time to be mature and step under rashford

RedStarUnited

He really lacks awareness and this wasnt the first time I am noticing it. The goal he assisted over the weekend was rare because he never wants to cross normally. Mbappe is playing just fine on the right wing after breaking through as a striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.