5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanGaalEra

I feel like he’s a bit too greedy at times, that shot in the 8th min was just needless, unwarranted and ridiculous.

We then had a 2 on 1 and all he had to do was slide it to Lukaku and he went off head down dribbling again.

All issues we hope he irons out with maturity.

Godfather

I feel like he’s a bit too greedy at times, that shot in the 8th min was just needless, unwarranted and ridiculous.

We then had a 2 on 1 and all he had to do was slide it to Lukaku and he went off head down dribbling again.

All issues we hope he irons out with maturity.
Tbh his first touch in that situation was so ridiculously bad that he wouldn't have been able to put it through to Lukaku either.

Kostov

Him and Martial were having a contest about who will put a shittier performance. Young players or not they must improve as we heavily depend on them.

superdry

touched by a genius
Other than when he gets put through on goal, he actually slows out attacks down. Still impact sub level for me.

stepic

he's alright, good potential. has a lot of work to do to ever become a star, though, and I have my doubts he has enough to his game to get to that level. hopefully I'm proven wrong.

but we should not be relying so much on him. he's still very much a developing player and he plays way too much.

haram

I have done. I've just said that he can be a decent striker one day. Maybe even a very good one if all goes well.

He's not this 'generational talent' or 'new Ronaldo' like some think he will be though.
That's the most praise you've ever given him :lol:. Absolute joke.

Rashford is his lowest ranked player this season at 4.8 LOL
:lol:

I searched tbeough this thread. This is the only bit of praise.

He's been poor. Good cross though.
:lol::lol::lol:

Why do you not come here and comment when he does play well? Doesn't fit your agenda? You only came in here to point out he had a bad game :lol:. You're a joke.

Last edited:

An Irish Red

Why do you not come here and comment when he does play well? Doesn't fit your agenda? You only came in here to point out he had a bad game :lol:. You're a joke.
I'm a joke because I don't eulogise a footballer like you do, makes sense. That must make you a joke for your constant criticism of Martial then...

There's no agenda. He's poor a lot more often than he's good. The agenda is from the people who keep trying to frame him as the new Ronaldo when he's not in the same league.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Lukaku has more experience, better finishing with his head and possibly his feet, more strength, gets in better positions, is a problem for defenders when he is around, and can deal with pressure better. And you want MU to depend on a 20 year old as striker? Or do you want Rashford to sit on the bench as Lukakus sub?
From getting appearances from the bench and playing centrally, he could surpass Lukaku potentially. Also, Rashford has better finishing and better feet and better of a big game player.

Mcking

Zlatan is the problem. Rashford would have started upfront at Bristol if it wasn't for Zlatan and he makes our players look bad.

Last edited:

haram

I'm a joke because I don't eulogise a footballer like you do, makes sense. That must make you a joke for your constant criticism of Martial then...

There's no agenda. He's poor a lot more often than he's good. The agenda is from the people who keep trying to frame him as the new Ronaldo when he's not in the same league.
Difference is, I offer Martial praise. I post when he has good games. I recognise his talent. I recognise both the good and bad attributes to his game. I look at it from the context of the whole team.

YOU however only post negative things. You do not offer any discussion when Marcus plays well nor do you highlight Rashford's talents. I have always maintained Martial is talented and had great attributes such as his dribbling. Don't try to make this about me. You are a joke for being so negative about one of our players. There is a difference to having balanced criticism and praise and just flat out only posting negative things.

An Irish Red

Difference is, I offer Martial praise. I post when he has good games. I recognise his talent. I recognise both the good and bad attributes to his game. I look at it from the context of the whole team.

YOU however only post negative things. You do not offer any discussion when Marcus plays well nor do you highlight Rashford's talents. I have always maintained Martial is talented and had great attributes such as his dribbling. Don't try to make this about me. You are a joke for being so negative about one of our players. There is a difference to having balanced criticism and praise and just flat out only posting negative things.
When people are claiming that Rashford is the new Ronaldo, and better than players like Mbappe and Martial, it's pretty difficult not to argue with that.

It's not 'being negative' to offer an opinion you believe to be correct. I'm also certain that I could find less than flattering critiques on our players from you if I cared enough to search for them.

haram

When people are claiming that Rashford is the new Ronaldo, and better than players like Mbappe and Martial, it's pretty difficult not to argue with that.

It's not 'being negative' to offer an opinion you believe to be correct. I'm also certain that I could find less than flattering critiques on our players from you if I cared enough to search for them.
That's not the point. All you do is post negative things. How can you not have more praise for a player like Rashford? He plays for your team! Of course I post criticism of players. I also praise them as well. That's the difference. No one is saying rashford is perfect every game and not everyone says he is the same level as Mbappe. Me myself think Mbappe is on another level to Rashford.

IT IS being negative to only post negative things. You can disagree that he is not the new Ronaldo and still praise his good performances.

An Irish Red

That's not the point. All you do is post negative things. How can you not have more praise for a player like Rashford? He plays for your team! Of course I post criticism of players. I also praise them as well. That's the difference. No one is saying rashford is perfect every game and not everyone says he is the same level as Mbappe. Me myself think Mbappe is on another level to Rashford.

IT IS being negative to only post negative things. You can disagree that he is not the new Ronaldo and still praise his good performances.
I haven't posted in the De Gea thread all season, despite the fact that he's our best player. Where's the discussion if everyone just says 'yeah that was great that' over and over again?

Of course Rashford has good qualities but everyone knows that, there's no discussion. The debate is about how good he can be and when rating that you have to look at what will hold him back. That's all.

haram

I haven't posted in the De Gea thread all season, despite the fact that he's our best player. Where's the discussion if everyone just says 'yeah that was great that' over and over again?

Of course Rashford has good qualities but everyone knows that, there's no discussion. The debate is about how good he can be and when rating that you have to look at what will hold him back. That's all.
So you only post negative things across the board then? Is that what you are saying?

An Irish Red

So you only post negative things across the board then? Is that what you are saying?
I explained it clearly in the second line. There's no point if there's no discussion.

Everyone knows De Gea is great in the same way that everyone knows Darmian is not long for this club; no debate to be had. With Rashford the opinions are divided so it's somewhat interesting.

luke511

I think the problem is he doesn't feel threatened enough in terms of losing a position in the team. To me it seems like Rashford has fallen for his own hype a bit and the determination we saw in his first season for us has faded as consequence to his comfort in the starting 11. There's definitely a lack of focus at the moment and it's affecting that consistency we saw in his first 6 months for utd.

manunited1919

From getting appearances from the bench and playing centrally, he could surpass Lukaku potentially. Also, Rashford has better finishing and better feet and better of a big game player.
I think most of us agree he still needs to develop, Rashford is not the finished product. What he most needs is minutes to be able to develop, and he is getting those minutes. If Mourinho were to only play him centrally, he would get half the minutes he is currently getting, and his development will slow down. Won’t it be more difficult to surpass Lukaku by being a bench warmer than by playing many minutes but a bit out of position?

Drainy

This surprises me too, he looks like he's getting a bit big for his boots and ahead of himself. He's a long way to go yet until he can be considered a top player
He has been elbowed and kicked around the park, complained to the referee and go told to shut up all season. Clearly he's had enough- he's 20 and not mature enough to cope with it yet.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I think most of us agree he still needs to develop, Rashford is not the finished product. What he most needs is minutes to be able to develop, and he is getting those minutes. If Mourinho were to only play him centrally, he would get half the minutes he is currently getting, and his development will slow down. Won’t it be more difficult to surpass Lukaku by being a bench warmer than by playing many minutes but a bit out of position?
He needs to develop his game as a striker not a winger. Minutes aren't just minutes.

diplomat

Rashford is my favourite upcoming young player in the team so I really hope his development is handled well. Alongside with Martial, they are the future of this club but unlike the Frenchman, I don't think Marcus can cut it on the wing. He just doesn't possess the needed close control.

However, I believe he can become the perfect striker in a very fluid front three in the way Barcelona had their superstar trio.

Donsangre

He has got speed and good shot. Thats about it. He is not a very good team player. He is way too selfish. Look at Mbappe, same age, playing alongside Neymar and Cavani and looks great. Mbappes field vision is just fantastic. I hate Rash for his tunnel vision when he is running. The guy doesnt see anything except for the goals. Not a bad quality for a striker but he is not playing as a striker currently. I think he could do pretty good up top at some point once he becomes more clinical at scoring.

eat_grass

He misses (last year's) Zlatan: a more mature, world-class leader on the pitch that can shoulder the offensive burden and let Rashford have his few moments of brilliance throughout a game until he develops into the finished product. His potential is real, though.

Ashley R1+O

He’s young...but at 99 apps for the first team there has to come a point where raw isn’t an excuse.
Yes, usually at around the age of 24-25 when a player has fully matured in to their role. He's being thrown scrap appearances that are outside of his comfort zone to develop his mentality and ability in a harsh and uncomfortable environment and maintain the momentum due to his positive and adaptable mentality (seemingly according to Jose). So as a 20 year old, I'm quite happy to give him time to develop, people need to relax a bit on our young guys.

dichinero

Will Rashford ever be as good as Harry Kane? What does he need to develop to that level?
I personally he will be as good as Kane. Not sure the whole wing thing is the best. I think he needs to upfront, he needs to develop that striker instinct that comes with experience

manunited1919

He needs to develop his game as a striker not a winger. Minutes aren't just minutes.
Maybe. But he already has good striker instincts. He is good with his feet when he comes to shooting. He needs to improve at heading the ball and at being a real nuisance and threat to cental defenders. But mostly, he needs to develop his all around play, his ball retention, and making the right decisions when on a break and other teammates are in better positions. The minutes he is getting will help in all those areas.

Treble

His main problem now is his decision making. It is not good enough which is not surprising given his age. A bit like Pogba, he often tends to complicate things in order to show special skills and neglects the simple but more efficient options.

Neuron

He's fine, he'll come back with a really good game soon enough and the praise will be back. Patience.

Ashley R1+O

He's fine, he'll come back with a really good game soon enough and the praise will be back. Patience.
Well said, completely correct. He'll have a good game sometime soon and everyone will be happy again.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Yes, usually at around the age of 24-25 when a player has fully matured in to their role. He's being thrown scrap appearances that are outside of his comfort zone to develop his mentality and ability in a harsh and uncomfortable environment and maintain the momentum due to his positive and adaptable mentality (seemingly according to Jose). So as a 20 year old, I'm quite happy to give him time to develop, people need to relax a bit on our young guys.
Come on, he’s started 6 out of the last 10 games.

I’m not trying to say he’s shit and doesn’t deserve patience, but to say he’s been thrown scrap appearances is a bit farfetched. If he was having long periods in and out of the team that would make more sense. But he’s playing regularly enough, in a variety of hard and easy games, on paper.

One thing we can say is both he and Martial have been very dry in terms of their output in the last 10 games. I believe it’s something like 4 goals and 3 assists combined. That needs to be improved.

AngliaRed

He hasn’t been the same since them pointless England games 2 months ago. He started the season well,very direct and a good end product. Now, like many other United players they spend 1-2sec longer on the ball than usual and the move breaks down.

He’s got bags of potential and strikes a ball better than most people in world football. Just need to get his confidence back.

Status
Not open for further replies.