5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

barmyarmy

Think he's more talented than Martial. Martial has better technique and basis technique, better dribbler and his inside foor finishing and quick link up play in tight spaces is better. Rashford has better understanding of the game generally I feel. Better work off the ball, a bit faster, bigger range of finishing and shooting, a bit better defensively, better crossing too. He seems a more all round forward imo af younger age, whilst Martial can become a phenomenal wide forward I feel.
Rashford is a wonderful talent and i am not derailing him a bit but this bolded part is a bit exaggerated i feel. He needs to work on his finishing so many times being one on one and i haven't seen him lifting the ball over keeper for once

MILLHILLMANC

Rashford was outstanding yesterday and combined well with Lukaku - would still have him up front but he was given more licence to roam yesterday than previously. I'm also proud as a manc that he has come through our youth system and loves the club. This was the key to much of the success under Ferguson.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Also worth pointing out when Rashford sprinted back and covered for Blind and ran the ball out for a goal/corner. That defensive part of his game is just as important for Jose I imagine.
Aye, absolutely, just wanted to focus more on the actually offensive traits that he brings into the table not to hear 'hurr durr jose is a defensive cnut' talk again.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Rashford is a wonderful talent and i am not derailing him a bit but this bolded part is a bit exaggerated i feel. He needs to work on his finishing so many times being one on one and i haven't seen him lifting the ball over keeper for once
It isnt better but I feel he can score more different goals than Martial. From long range to close range, free kicks, inside foot, cross-wise shooting. But indeed, still needs a lot of work.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That second half was rampant. He will be very strong by the time he's about 22 too, and that, in combination with his speed and an improvement in finishing and decision making will see him become a world class talent I feel.

His attitude is brilliant. One of the first things I look for in a young forward is self-belief. It is so important for an attacker to know/feel they are the shit - as they are the ones who need to have the confidence to try things that will win games. Also, after his breakout under Van Gaal, he has been so visibly determined not to rest on his laurels and keep developing himself, at a point where he was being so hyped. Very easy for him to fade last season, but he really wants to be a top player, and doesn't feel that he's finished. THAT is what most reminds me of Ronaldo in him, as I've seen a few people make that comparison. As a footballer, I see a lot of Gareth Bale, and reckon he can get 20 goals from wide like him when he develops more. He, Martial and Lukaku could develop into a trio full of goals over the next 18 months if allowed.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It's the Anelka-Henry situation all over again; Anelka was widely regarded as the better talent of the two in their late teens, but his inablility to match his ability with application and intensity saw him fall way behind Henry, who's determination to maximise what talents he did have and merge gradually established technical brilliance with his natural physical advantages saw him become one of the best in the world for a decade.

Hopefully in this case both manage to attain, and then sustain, elite level careers.
Completely agree. Hope Martial has a very different mentality to Anelka but there are obvious concerns which you can't find in Rashford.

redflair

A frightening, ferocious talent.

We want to shout that we've got Marcus 4Relius on our books - but best to keep it low key for now.

Head down, sprint, score, assist - and twist those defenders round until they beg for mercy.

PoTMS

Second half was beastly, he just needs to learn how to finish. Him and Lukaku seem to have a good understanding. Hopefully it can blossom into another successful #9 and #19 partnership like one we had not too long ago.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
He was very lively and has looked quality all pre-season, plays with no fear, which is so bloody refreshing after years of LvG football.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He was very lively and has looked quality all pre-season, plays with no fear, which is so bloody refreshing after years of LvG football.
Because Rashford wasn't exciting at all under Van Gaal.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Because Rashford wasn't exciting at all under Van Gaal.
Right, right. It's more an indictment of the principal of LvG, setting up the team to be in position at all times and robotically seek out Player A, or, if marked player B, In an efficient manner, don't try to shoot if there's a pass on, don't try to beat a player if theres a greater risk of losing the ball..

With Rashford when he picks it up, you (& the opposition) don't know if he's going to push it past and beat them for speed, do a little technical trick to open up space, take the shot/pass/etc

He's always been an exciting type even in the LvG setup, it feels, at least to me like he's been on the ball more & more since the summer break and preseason games started.
Perhaps it's just me finally losing my skepticism and finally buying into his potential.
Either way i'm currently finding him the most exciting young player at the club since.. maybe Rooney joined?

Loon

:lol:
The fact Lukaku is already talking about a bond between them must be apparent to Mourinho, which is why he'll be encouraging a partnership.

SATA

The great thing is he doesn't hide when things get tough on the pitch, whether it's against himself or the team. He just keeps going and going which is so rare to see in a young player. The Ronaldo comparisons are definitely understandable. Both of them don't shy away from challenges and will keep coming for you

AP88

Supports
Man City
He was very Perisic-like on Sunday. Perhaps he's Mourinho's plan B.

He needs to keep practising. Tighten up that dribbling and finishing. Then he would be the goods!
Agree, but I think he has the attitude to graft. He needs to learn how to decelerate while dribbling, luring in a tackle then burst past rather than just going at people full pelt, almost giving himself no time to think or react to the opponents decisions.

Henry wasn't/didn't feel like a natural finisher at first, and he said that to Wenger, but the combination of practice and improved composure saw him become super-efficient.

His pace will be a huge asset on the counter in Europe.

barmyarmy

He looked good and his dribbling was top notch. It was only zabaleta but he didn't overrun the ball and let the defender challenge it was always under control when running with the ball made some fantastic runs and the ball to Lukaku is something i didn't expect he would do anything of the kind.

Stacks

Right, right. It's more an indictment of the principal of LvG, setting up the team to be in position at all times and robotically seek out Player A, or, if marked player B, In an efficient manner, don't try to shoot if there's a pass on, don't try to beat a player if theres a greater risk of losing the ball..

With Rashford when he picks it up, you (& the opposition) don't know if he's going to push it past and beat them for speed, do a little technical trick to open up space, take the shot/pass/etc

He's always been an exciting type even in the LvG setup, it feels, at least to me like he's been on the ball more & more since the summer break and preseason games started.
Perhaps it's just me finally losing my skepticism and finally buying into his potential.
Either way i'm currently finding him the most exciting young player at the club since.. maybe Rooney joined?
Giuseppe Rossi was the biggest talent, along with Paul Pogba and Ravel Morrison.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Giuseppe Rossi was the biggest talent, along with Paul Pogba and Ravel Morrison.
Maybe he is talking about first team, in which case Rossi, Pogba, Morrison didn't do even 10% of what Rashford did for first team and I'm talking about all of them combined.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That was my loudest cheers for the entire game. Eventhough we scored 4 goals. Woke up few people in the house.

United haven't had players who could do belter shot for a very long time. We used to have Scholes, Rooney, and Ronaldo. Feck. How I miss the 'old' United. Hopefully Rashford can filll that void, United severely lacking.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I also liked his attempt at a Berba-spin. It didn't come off but it was a nice try.

Stacks

Maybe he is talking about first team, in which case Rossi, Pogba, Morrison didn't do even 10% of what Rashford did for first team and I'm talking about all of them combined.
Well he did say most exciting young player at the club since Rooney joined. I believe Ravel generated the most excitement and Pogba was highly talented. Rossi smashed it in the youth teams and could do things on a technical level that separated him from others.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Well he did say most exciting young player at the club since Rooney joined. I believe Ravel generated the most excitement and Pogba was highly talented. Rossi smashed it in the youth teams and could do things on a technical level that separated him from others.
None of them did anything of note for first team, so maybe I'm wrong but it looks obvious what he meant.

LoneStar

Like a lot of people have said, what I like most about him is his perseverance and dedication to get better. Having that kind of attitude at that age will do wonders for him. His physical attributes will develop even more, which is kind of scary to think of! Think him, Martial and Lukaku can be devastating on a counter.

I am not from Manchester or even England, but there's something about a local academy player claiming his case for a starting spot at a huge club like United.

Swansea 0:4 Man Utd

Erics_Collar

Very Jeckyl and Hyde today. Some great pieces of skill and bursts of pace, but giving the ball away a lot and looks to be getting easily wound up by the crowd booing him. He hasn't stopped mouthing since kick off.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
he thinks he's ronaldo, he needs to start passing the fcuking ball.

King_Cantona07

That is where martial aces martial would have never messed up there. Martial is soo composed one on one. Rashford just doesn't know what to do when there is time to think for finish.

Erics_Collar

Should be subbed off for that miss alone. Just put your boot through it FFS, he seems to be more concerned with creating highlights than he is with creating goals.

SER19

That's a sinful miss, not so much that he missed, but the decision making was awful

Kazi

Should be subbed off for that miss alone. Just put your boot through it FFS, he seems to be more concerned with creating highlights than he is with creating goals.
Nah, he's not efficient bit he's the only one on the pitch making stuff happen - must stay on

Scarecrow

Having a week off
That is where martial aces martial would have never messed up there. Martial is soo composed one on one. Rashford just doesn't know what to do when there is time to think for finish.
Martial would probably not have been in that position at all. He doesn't make those runs that Rashford does.

They both have their strength and weaknesses. Rashford will get a lot of flack for that miss, and rightfully so, but nobody would've said anything if he didn't make that run, or miscontrolled the first ball.

Drainy

Not no protection from the ref here. Been kicked, held and stamped on and the ref seems to be blaming him.

No wonder he's getting pissed off

Status
Not open for further replies.