5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

haram

How about you try reading the thread form todays game and then have a think about whether I'm just talking about people saying he played poorly today.
Yeah there is nothing wrong with criticising him today. People are choosing to forget everything because of the past few games.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Needs to be dropped for a while and made to work on his technique etc in the reserves. Said it before but his lower level is extremely poor and resembles championship level which is not acceptable for a United level forward. As for comparisons with Mbappe @noodlehair I said they were laughable then and they always will be - even when he does return to form his level just will never ever match what we expect from an Mbappe whose on another planet technically and iq wise. His bottom level is worse than guys like Gray or Redmond at times but his optimal level is special.. but all great players have a solid bottom level because they know they can't rely on being at the races every game and that is what Marcus needs to work on. Having a solid 7/10 performance in his locker every game. It will come with good technical coaching and maturity but there is no guarantee it will definitely happen as there is a lot of disparity between his upper and lower level. This wasn't a problem in guys like Ronaldo whose bottom level was that he always looked the most technically gifted player on the pitch abit like Martial but that his decision making could be really poor and things didn't quite come off for him in those younger years. It was not a regular occurrence to see him miscontrol balls, run out of play or just look so one dimensional when running with the ball.

We need to keep faith with the lad but we need to protect him and nurture him too.. worst thing is to just feed the ego, make it out like he's guaranteed to make it and he doesn't put the effort in to really study his game and put in the necessary improvements. He's very raw and people forget that because of the blistering start he made to his career.. we don't want him ending up like a Walcott.

BigCaine

How about you try reading the thread form todays game and then have a think about whether I'm just talking about people saying he played poorly today.
He has been rubbish for last few games, he has been selfish, playing like he has no functional brain, criticism even if over the top is not unfair.

AndyJ1985

Rubbish again. But he shouldn't be a starter every week. If he were a squad player who came on late in a game he'd be class. It's our lack of quality in attack that forces us to be so reliant on him.

Devil may care

Headless chicken today, not sure our coach is going to help him refine his game though as our attack looks barely coached in general.

haram

He has been rubbish for last few games, he has been selfish, playing like he has no functional brain, criticism even if over the top is not unfair.
Claims like we should sell him and that he is rubbish period are unfair. No one would even think about saying such things during our good start to the season. He is a kid and is struggling atm.

redom

He needs some time out but we don't have any other options so we've just got to hope he can rekindle some sort of form because he's going to get plenty of game time.

Shocking today and has been for a while now. I just don't see it with him. He doesn't have any standout area other than pace.

BigCaine

Claims like we should sell him and that he is rubbish period are unfair. No one would even think about saying such things during our good start to the season. He is a kid and is struggling atm.
Isn't struggling for a period also mean he has rubbish for that period. How is that unfair, people praised him during his great start comparing him to likes of mbappe and now performances go down he is called average how is it unfair.

el3mel

Oh, and don't forget. He should stop taking those FKs and corners. How many of them we had to see to realize he's rubbish in them ?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Offers nothing at this moment. Need a rest couple of games, to clear a head or something like that.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
"Local lad" will buy him 2 more years of this type of performance before the majority begin to agree.

He's up there with some of the most stupid players I've seen recently.
This is when I think not being from Manchester or not going to every game helps. You can take a colder, more calculated view and don't get clouded by the local lad nonsense. Right now, he's nowhere near the level required nor does he really show any moments of great potential. Some nice things here and there, but most professional players do the same.

Darkhorsez

I think he's struggling out wide now teams have gotten used to him as he's very reliant on his base pace to cause problems for FB's.
Could be. But something is not quite right over the past month or so. He really needs to get going and not waste the potential he has.

haram

Isn't struggling for a period also mean he has rubbish for that period. How is that unfair, people praised him during his great start comparing him to likes of mbappe and now performances go down he is called average how is it unfair.
No, people are saying he is a rubbish player period. Also, I dont know why people are shocked he is has lost some form. It happens to every young player. It's not some bizarre mystery.

marktan

He's a striker for me, not a winger. He's one of many Strikers ala Welbeck that don't quite have enough to be the lone man upfront and so get shafted onto the wing. At this point to be honest I'd play Rashford up top and Lukaku on the right wing.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
IMO he’s not going to make it. If he’s still as bad as this come the end of the season should be shown the door.

Rake

Striker or not this is not an excuse IMO. I`m a fan of Marcus but he is in utterly terrible form recently.

NinjaFletch

The over the top criticism is the antithesis of what fans should be doing as ACTUAL FANS though. Yes he's having a tough time of it, but thats when you need to actually fecking do some supporting. This race to the bottom to say the most outrageously over the top thing the second things get a little bit tough for a player or our team are exactly why our fanbase is so goddamn toxic.

You'd think after a game where a 'local lad Championship player waste of space' according to a lot of this forum over the past two seasons just saved our bacon people would have a shred of self-awareness, but oh no it seems instead we're going to recycle all of those insults and fling them at Rashford instead now.

I'm fecking sick of a huge portion of our so-called fans.

BigCaine

No, people are saying he is a rubbish player period.
Don't agree with that, he a decent player, for me not as good as martial and not in a million years anywhere near likes of mbappe. But a decent player nonetheless.

haram

IMO he’s not going to make it. If he’s still as bad as this come the end of the season should be shown the door.
What if he is as good as he was at the start? Thank God some of you are not in charge. His good run of form was longer than this current bad form.

Don't agree with that, he a decent player, for me not as good as martial and not in a million years anywhere near likes of mbappe. But a decent player nonetheless.
That's fair enough.

Devil may care

Could be. But something is not quite right over the past month or so. He really needs to get going and not waste the potential he has.
In fairness when you look at his age and you look at how long it took for Sterling to transform into how he's playing now, we need to be patient, the problem is we are managed by a guy who isn't great with attacking players, that's why he likes the finished article so he can just leave them to their own devices, plus Rashford probably shouldn't be playing as often as he is, we used to blood young players like him in to ease the scrutiny.

ti vu

Can understand the inconsistency as a young player, but something went wrong with him suddenly become much more selfish for a while now (IIRC since Stoke game. Such coincidence). Playing like crossing, passing is second thought after he initially failed to to d ibbling into good area/ had angle to shoot

haram

The over the top criticism is the antithesis of what fans should be doing as ACTUAL FANS though. Yes he's having a tough time of it, but thats when you need to actually fecking do some supporting. This race to the bottom to say the most outrageously over the top thing the second things get a little bit tough for a player or our team are exactly why our fanbase is so goddamn toxic.

You'd think after a game where a 'local lad Championship player waste of space' according to a lot of this forum over the past two seasons just saved our bacon people would have a shred of self-awareness, but oh no it seems instead we're going to recycle all of those insults and fling them at Rashford instead now.

Good post.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
What if he is as good as he was at the start? Thank God some of you are not in charge. His good run of form was longer than this current bad form.
Give him longer but we can’t accept mediocrity anymore. We’re supposed to be challenging for the PL. Form is one thing but this is going beyond form now. IMO he’s just not ever going to be good enough on a consistent basis.

OL29

He's been rubbish recently but it's ridiculous to write him off. this is only his third season for us, of course he's going to be inconsistent.

BigCaine

The over the top criticism is the antithesis of what fans should be doing as ACTUAL FANS though. Yes he's having a tough time of it, but thats when you need to actually fecking do some supporting. This race to the bottom to say the most outrageously over the top thing the second things get a little bit tough for a player or a team are exactly why our fanbase is so goddamn toxic.

You take the bad with the good when he plays well he gets compared to likes of mbappe it's conversely opposite when things aren't going his way, can't disagree with one side alone.

haram

Can understand the inconsistency as a young player, but something went wrong with him suddenly become much more selfish for a while now (IIRC since Stoke game. Such coincidence). Playing like crossing, passing is second thought after he initially failed to to d ibbling into good area/ had angle to shoot
Don't see how he was selfish today. His crosses were just poor. Besides, he is a striker so it's part of his instinct to find angles to get a goal.

klayton88

"Local lad" will buy him 2 more years of this type of performance before the majority begin to agree.

He's up there with some of the most stupid players I've seen recently.
That freekick though that had the linesman ducking for cover.

Darkhorsez

In fairness when you look at his age and you look at how long it took for Sterling to transform into how he's playing now, we need to be patient, the problem is we are managed by a guy who isn't great with attacking players, that's why he likes the finished article so he can just leave them to their own devices, plus Rashford probably shouldn't be playing as often as he is, we used to blood young players like him in to ease the scrutiny.
Yeah especially the blood young players in the past part. Fergie was so good at that. Perhaps our expectations should be toned down a bit. But I am finding that we are in similar position with a few of our players and we’ve been at it for a number of years now. I really like him and hopefully we will see better times ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.