Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I lile how half of the game on striker position during his worst form this season is enough to decide he is not good enough as a striker. What do we do about Lukaku's bad performances then?

Treble

Under LVG, when Rashford was still 18 y.o., he was averaging a goal/assist in the league every 120 min.

Now, when he is already 20, he is contributing a goal/assist in the league every 135 min in a team that scores more than under LVG.

Progress.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Does anyone think he’d start scoring tons because we change manager?
Three managers gone and very few players have improved here. We truly lack quality players, far too many average players especially up front. Sentimentality has killed us.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I lile how half of the game on striker position during his worst form this season is enough to decide he is not good enough as a striker. What do we do about Lukaku's bad performances then?
To be fair I also don't think Lukaku is good enough. But rashford right now obviously isn't good enough to be a consistent starter, still very young, but also I don't think he's best a lone striker. Needs a front 2.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Lukaku still creates opportunities for others ? Which is something Rashford never does because he is greedy

Greck

Always felt he'd be the type to figure it out and pull it together in his mid/late 20s. Very very raw prospect right now

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
But rashford right now obviously isn't good enough to be a consistent starter,
Of course, no way we can rely on Rashford as a consinstent starter but he can be pretty good in a counter attacking set up when oppo team actually push bit higher, but he was always going to be shit against a team that is happy to defend 0-0. But people make it sound like Lukaku is prime RvP, even though he is playing worse than RvP in his last season here, which was terrible and he was obviously done back then.

Minimalist

Is he better than Welbeck? Will he ever be better than Welbeck?
I think he is. But I don't rate Welbeck at all.

I do think Rashford is a player you don't give freedom to. He's not Messi. Fecking coach the lad and give him a plan of action.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
What gets me though is that such a talented young player has become such a massive scapegoat. He hasn't been managed correctly from day one. Such young players need to be managed properly so that they don't end up shot with confidence in front of goal, yet at the same time strutting around with self-entitlement.

The fact is, Rashford would be balling under Pep. I agree with people saying he's not as talented as Mbappe but he shouldn't be going backwards.

Bojan11

What gets me though is that such a talented young player has become such a massive scapegoat. He hasn't been managed correctly from day one. Such young players need to be managed properly so that they don't end up shot with confidence in front of goal, yet at the same time strutting around with self-entitlement.

The fact is, Rashford would be balling under Pep. I agree with people saying he's not as talented as Mbappe but he shouldn't be going backwards.
Or he could have ended up like Iheanacho under Pep.

Just because Sterling is in good form doesn’t mean it would work out the same for a Pep. Sterling was always more talented on the ball than Rashford.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Which is something Rashford never does because he is greedy
He has became greedy, and I don't like his attitude lately at all, but him having 5 assists this season surely didn't come by never creating a chance for others. Lukaku isn't some great example of selfless player at all, he had some selfish moments at start of the season you could rarely see anywhere else.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Just because Sterling is in good form doesn’t mean it would work out the same for a Pep. Sterling was always more talented on the ball than Rashford.
True. But just think back to some of the things Rashford has done on the pitch before he even turned 20. Are people seriously now just saying he's not actually that talented? What he's doing now is nothing compared to what we was evenjust a few weeks ago. His slump is down to something and questions have to inevtiably be pointed at the manager when every other fecking attacking player we have is also under-performing

Bojan11

True. But just think back to some of the things Rashford has done on the pitch before he even turned 20. Are people seriously now just saying he's not actually that talented? What he's doing now is nothing compared to what we was evenjust a few weeks ago. His slump is down to something and questions have to inevtiably be pointed at the manager when every other fecking attacking player we have is also under-performing
He wasn’t convincing as striker last season when Ibra got injured for me. Yeah he scored a nice free kick.

I just don’t think he’s good enough or ready to start or rely on to win us games.

I don’t think it’s as simple as a new manager coming in and we going to end up a free scoring team. We need a clear out of the attack regardless of who the manager is.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
At this stage in his development, a coach like LVG actually suits Rash much better. He needs direction. Where the older players got irritated with LVG for spelling out every thing to them - the younger players actually need it.
Perhaps we should have just given LVG a host of young upcoming talented players instead of buying those expensive so called 'established' players. Maybe 2 seasons with that kind of personnel would have seen us better off.

In any case, the coaches need to help him with his game and also help him mentally. He just looks like he's in freefall at the moment..

dichinero

He should to be honest. Whatever you think about LVG, he will always be the right type of manager for the young ones.
He had a point in Rashford needing to learn to stay within the width of the goal posts and relying on his brains rather than his legs and running endlessly and aimlessly.

Bwuk

He's regressed since his debut season.

I don't think him playing on the wings for the last 2 years has helped him at all.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He'll end up on loan at this rate. It was clear to see he was going to eventually bump down back to earth with the inconsistent nature of his technical ability.. there is only so long you can get away with being mediocre technically. Kid needs lots of coaching.. I am afraid he's at the wrong club to receive that.

Jazz

He had a point in Rashford needing to learn to stay within the width of the goal posts and relying on his brains rather than his legs and running endlessly and aimlessly.
Yep. Except all that is gone from the young lad's head...

Our coaches need to help him. I don't see the arrogance as some suggest, but if he's not behaving well then someone needs to have a word.

dichinero

Yep. Except all that is gone from the young lad's head...

Our coaches need to help him. I don't see the arrogance as some suggest, but if he's not behaving well then someone needs to have a word.
What coaches?

ZupZup

Feel a bit sorry for him. Hard for any striker to look good in this team. Such a lack of adventure... our attackers almost always far outnumbered by defenders and we seem to expect them to do something special every match to produce a goal.

dichinero

The ones we have now:lol: I take it you don't rate them?:D
Manager is primarily a fitness coach, Faria is a fitness coach, the other assistant manager is a GK coach. So where are these coaches? Lol

Jazz

Manager is primarily a fitness coach, Faria is a fitness coach, the other assistant manager is a GK coach. So where are these coaches? Lol
Seriously?

Feck me but how can the powers that be at the club not ask Jose to address that??

Greck

I think he is. But I don't rate Welbeck at all.

I do think Rashford is a player you don't give freedom to. He's not Messi. Fecking coach the lad and give him a plan of action.
Yeah dont want it to sound like an attack on the coaching but he needs to be taught attacking play because it definitely doesn't come natural to him

dichinero

Seriously?

Feck me but how can the powers that be at the club not ask Jose to address that??
You know what cracks me up?

We are at the lower part for distance covered yet we always look lethargic. All you can do is laugh

JoaquinJoaquin

Pep doesn't like lazy players so Rashford would of been shipped out.

Fahad Jawaid

He has been hyped and overrated beyond his abilities tbh. He has always been limited technically and has relied on pace to compensate that. His lack of effort is what irks me more than his average ability at the moment. He is not even challenging for the long passes. Whatever i think of Lukaku and him being not a typical Manutd CF is put on back burner for a while. The fact is, Lukaku is the best CF we have, and Rashford does not even come close to him in terms on decision making and hold up play considering Lukaku is not great at it himself its a sad turn of events but that's how it is. we need to bench him and start Martial up top.

Jaybomb

He’s been out of form for a good while now.

At least with Lukakus injury, he can get a proper run up top. He’s useless on the wing. I wish we’d stop playing him there. It accomplishes nothing. He’s a number 9.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Would like to see him on loan and playing CF regularly and learning his craft in what will hopefully be his best position long term.

Will Absolute

Yes. He's got pace, a few tricks and can occasionally strike a cracker from outside the box. That's about it.

He has a lot of work to do to be a good, let alone a top, player.

Backrow Singer

His best and only chance to make it as a 'top' player for me is to be an out and out, consistent number 9 who scores goals. He hasn't shown that yet but for his sake, I hope he starts to soon because that is going to have to be his game.

Never a wide player in a million years. You'll get one good game in four where everyone comes out with "where are the critiques now" or "can't be a winger apparently" but I don't think you'll ever get consistent quality in that position.

He was a big, big problem today though because his touch and positioning was dire. Wasn't particularly isolated but every ball that came into feet ended up 10 yards away, he did nothing with the opportunities he had to get in behind, obviously his finishing has been shocking which for a player like him is a massive issue.

Technically he isn't consistently good enough at best and at the moment he isn't doing anything right, he's in horrendous form. At the minute we can't keep picking him.

Alabaster Codify7

He's always been over-rated, sorry.
Imagine he was playin for one of our rivals. Would we want to sign him or wish we'd produced him, rather than them?

No chance in hell. Good squad player at present, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.