Not open for further replies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Marcus Rashford
Oct 31, 1997 (19)
Manchester

1.87 m

José Mourinho said:
He's a 19-year-old kid but he's a 19-year-old kid in love with football. He is a kid who finishes a training session and stays half an hour more every day to take free-kicks and to wait for the opportunity.

It's his mentality. He works and works and works. He's very mature. He trains, he practises, he enjoys the extra work.​

Last edited:

VanGaalEra

Looking forward to seeing him progress this season. If he keeps working as hard as everyone says he does, he'll keep getting better.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Think Lukaku is a great example of where Rashford needs to go if he wants to progress, if he had stayed at cheslea sitting on the bench he would never have progressed like he did.
Saddly i think Rashford has to leave united, at least on loan if he wants to fufill his potential, he wont improve making sporadic appearances alot of which will be on the wing.

How many appearances for Rashford make for Utd last season? 45-50?! He doesn't need to go anywhere, he's getting lots of gametime, and he will continue to develop. He's at the right place under the right manager. Lukaku couldn't game a game for Chelsea, so it was right for him to go, completly different to Rashford.

settembrini

No chance Rashford leaves on loan. He played in more league games last season than anyone except De Gea and Mourinho got him out of the Euro u21s this summer because he wants him rested for next season. He loves him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's got a lot of space for improvement, not convinced he'll ever be someone who can be the loan man up top and he isn't a winger. Best chance for him is to form a partnership with Lukaku and be part of a 2 up top thing I think... But Lukaku might be best alone up top. So we'll see what happens to him. Both him and Martial need to step up a lot though. Rashford always gives 100% but his overall game leaves a lot to be desired sometimes, so he needs to improve on that side of things.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
When he is fired up attacking on that left wing, he makes things happen. He has a good future ahead of him.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Lukaku will attract defenders attention which would leave space for others to act. I wonder if Rashford can play just behind the main striker. His pace can be devastating to any defense whose not willing to mark him closely

Yagami

Good post resistant
Lukaku will attract defenders attention which would leave space for others to act. I wonder if Rashford can play just behind the main striker. His pace can be devastating to any defense whose not willing to mark him closely
I like the idea of him there. He works hard off the ball and, when in possession, he likes to come deep to link up play and makes a lot of runs.

When I thought we were getting Griezmann, I was hoping to see them both up front (not that I expected it) like you suggested with them both rotating like how Rooney and Tevez did. I also would've been intrigued to see him with Morata but I'm unsure as to whether it'd work as well with Lukaku. I'd still like to see him given a shot there, though.

James Peril

Will be a very interesting season for Marcus Rashford, but I expect more of the same from last season. In the Premier League we don't really have the chance to rest players anymore, every game is equally important and Lukaku will start every single game if he is fit. I had the impression that Lukaku was often substituted last season due to tiredness, but checking his stats I see that he started and finished the last 34 league games - impressive! Rashford will probably start 8-10 games on the wings and 3-4 up top when Lukaku is rested before the CL or something similar, but he needs to score more goals than he did last year. I would be very happy with 35 league goals between Rashford and Lukaku.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
There's a reason Mourinho loves this kid. It's not the talent or the ability, it's his work ethic. I really like his humble, down-to-earth nature, his maturity and his willingness to dig in and improve. That's so much more important in succeeding than anything else.

I'm looking forward to him seeing more minutes at the striker position, but fully believe his play from the wing will also be improved. Hell, he looked better there as the season went on.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Really does look like he's filled out. I'm not really surprised, his Instagram and twitter were filled with him training in the off-season!

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Really does look like he's filled out. I'm not really surprised, his Instagram and twitter were filled with him training in the off-season!

Looks like Tony V has become his personal trainer.

Mr Smith

Will be a very interesting season for Marcus Rashford, but I expect more of the same from last season. In the Premier League we don't really have the chance to rest players anymore, every game is equally important and Lukaku will start every single game if he is fit. I had the impression that Lukaku was often substituted last season due to tiredness, but checking his stats I see that he started and finished the last 34 league games - impressive! Rashford will probably start 8-10 games on the wings and 3-4 up top when Lukaku is rested before the CL or something similar, but he needs to score more goals than he did last year. I would be very happy with 35 league goals between Rashford and Lukaku.
That would actually be a really good return, given that Rooney and Ronaldo combined for 31 league goals in our 06/07 title winning season.

RedCurry

Looks big.
Big shoulders are great but in football the most important part of the physique is legs and the back. But all those muscles are useless without balance like we saw with Memphis.

But I am just happy that he's serious about working hard and becoming a better player for United. That's the most important takeaway here I think.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
As another poster said he looks like he's filling out and looks like he's been putting time into the gym to improve his strength, very important that he did that, he was bullied too easily at times last season. I expect we'll see far less of that, physically now he looks very impressive. I think we'll see a much stronger season from him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
As another poster said he looks like he's filling out and looks like he's been putting time into the gym to improve his strength, very important that he did that, he was bullied too easily at times last season. I expect we'll see far less of that, physically now he looks very impressive. I think we'll see a much stronger season from him.
My biggest gripe with him is that he never gets stuck in when the ball is in the air. He stands off the player and makes a move for the rebound or to unrealistically get in behind a defender who has virtually no chance of missing the header.

It'd be much better if he challenged the player and threw his weight around a bit.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
My biggest gripe with him is that he never gets stuck in when the ball is in the air. He stands off the player and makes a move for the rebound or to unrealistically get in behind a defender who has virtually no chance of missing the header.

It'd be much better if he challenged the player and threw his weight around a bit.
Agreed. He gambles a bit too often, hopefully that's something that'll go with age.

Mike09

Clinical today and looks very fit, composed, quick and strong than ever.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Hope he can develop physically likewise to Bale and Ronaldo. He's very tall and yet agile, but also very lean already. If he can fill up the muscle mass step by step (so it doesnt really affects his pace and agility like it did to Memphis), he can have an ideal built for a striker in some years time.

For this year I hope he can mainly improve his shooting and finishing. Watched the extended highlights and his two goals were excellently taken. However still sometimes his shooting is quite inconsistent, the one he took with the sidefoot should be executed better, should be closer on target or use his left foot.
Or when he did an excellent body feint just outside the box and took a shot, in a few years time, such a shot with a clear angle on goal should really be on target. And at least the 1 vs 1 but yeah, that one can be missed. A lot of time and keeper positioned himself very well.

But looked very promising, much op for it, linking well with Mata and Lingard, sharp, good runs so some positive signs.

izec

Could have had easily another 2 goals, but he is off to a good start and has improved in the summer fitness wise. Promising

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
A very good first game for him.

wythyred

He's going to step it up a level next year he looks a lot stronger.

Very excited for a Lukaku Rashford Combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.