Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

superdry

touched by a genius
Marcus Rashford is a typical English young talent - technically poor, make up for said inferior technique by running around madly and conceding niggling fouls, absolutely no control of the ball when dribbling, try pointless dragbacks, flicks and skill moves and still end up running into a blind alley and a lack of composure which leads to poor finishing. I still cannot understand how he was allowed to take corners, set-pieces when his delivery is so crap, isn't Pogba a better free kick taker?

I cannot for the life of me understand how people on here rate Rashford higher than Martial. I was totally against bringing in Perisic, but if Rashford and Lingard are going to be ahead of Martial in the left side, then I pray to god that Woodward pays whatever Inter want for Perisic.
Really don't want to agree with this post...... but I do:(

Fracture90

Quite pleased with his performance vs. Madrid though his finishing and decision making continues to be the lingering issue regarding his game.

He's grown taller, got a bit more muscle and it hasn't affected his pace, now he only needs to work on his finishing and decision making.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Lovely little pass for the goal.
It was definitely a pass to Matic. I'm 100% sure of that.

But he has done well in that first half. He looks to be enjoying a lot more freedom than just a left winger.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Lovely pass for the goal. Would get better once Zabaleta gets tired in the second half.

NinjaFletch

Poor bloke getting written off by some in the match thread. Give him a chance, he's great.
Weird, I think he's had an excellent half.

Drifted in and out of the game a bit, and was slow to come in to it, but a great pass for the goal and causing problems with the ball at his feet.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Started slowly but improved as the game went on. Could have scored as well if Pogba had got that pass away.

automaticflare

Awful start with terrible passing but made a great pass when it counted.
But this is what you want from a winger forward.
Wingers have to try and create chances and the number of times they need to attempt something will lead to a high volume of failures.
If any winger can create 1/2 scoring opportunities per game they are invaluable.
Great little pass would love to see him get a goal now too.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Great assist which made up for a unconvincing start. Hope he can impose himself more in 2nd half as game gets stretched.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Think he has done well so far in this half. A few moments of magic and has grown into the game.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It was definitely a pass to Matic. I'm 100% sure of that.

But he has done well in that first half. He looks to be enjoying a lot more freedom than just a left winger.
Nope, he was quite cleary watching Lukaku's movement.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Difficult start to the game, but it's been a high intensity half, very scrappy, both sides flying in to challenges. Everyone bar Pogba and Matic have struggled to keep the ball at their feet.

Grew in to it and played a great ball for Lukaku. He's been good.

Weird, I think he's had an excellent half.

Drifted in and out of the game a bit, and was slow to come in to it, but a great pass for the goal and causing problems with the ball at his feet.
Took him until the goal to wake up, hes been good since then.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Would like to see Marcus in the channels more. With Mata coming inside, and Mhki letting the game go by, we need more width. I think Rash could ruin Zabaleta if he gets some chalk on his boots.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
I dont care if he misplaces a pass now and again. As long as he's direct, sharp, willing to take people on whenever. testing defenders and generally a threat going forward then he's playing well.

He's an an important player for us. Who else is capable of the doing what he did for our goal?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I think Martial's the bigger talent but can see why Mourinho favours him. Really impressive development.

Missed another one v one. Hart didn't even have to dive for that.

red_devil83

His finishing has become tragically bad. What happened to the lad who was slotting away every chance in his first 6 months?

At this point he doesn't look like he can become a striker any more than Welbeck did

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Love the guy and he s playing great for the most part but his (lack of) offside awareness continues to be frustrating. I'm sure it will get better - I just hope it ll happen this season.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
He's good, especially when there's room to counter. But what's happened to his finishing? It's become as erratic as Welbeck's.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Lacks a little composure which isn't surprising or concerning at his age. When that comes he'll be incredible.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Gotta take the bad with the good with him at this stage of his career. But he can only get better.

Duafc

Village Lemon
If Martial gave this kind of performance people would be over the moon.

I'd love to accommodate them both, one could definitely play on the right or off Lukaku, but at the moment I think it's totally fair that Rashford is slightly ahead in Moutinho's plans.

Prodigal7

Marcus Rashford is a typical English young talent - technically poor, make up for said inferior technique by running around madly and conceding niggling fouls, absolutely no control of the ball when dribbling, try pointless dragbacks, flicks and skill moves and still end up running into a blind alley and a lack of composure which leads to poor finishing. I still cannot understand how he was allowed to take corners, set-pieces when his delivery is so crap, isn't Pogba a better free kick taker?

I cannot for the life of me understand how people on here rate Rashford higher than Martial. I was totally against bringing in Perisic, but if Rashford and Lingard are going to be ahead of Martial in the left side, then I pray to god that Woodward pays whatever Inter want for Perisic.
Perhaps a little harsh but I do agree to an extent. He's decent technically, though needs to improve his first touch. martial is clearly a lot better though and I can only put it down to personal issues as to why Rashford plays over Martial.

Status
Not open for further replies.