Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Glad it's been mentioned that Rashford hardly player on the right. In fact in the first half he played more on the left than the right. He outlying played centrally and on the left.

In the second half he exclusively went centrally and a switched with Mata.

RedCurry

I think we’re missing a big trick here with Rashford. He should be playing right winger regardless of who starts on left. He needs to learn to hug the touchline and make runs instead of trying to dribble and cut in from left. Watching Sterling and Sané play really highlights the importance of width and players who don’t always look to cut in.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I wish he were more arrogant and assholish. That's the difference between very good and great as a striker.

Charlie Foley

Last season, 30 starts, 23 substitute appearances and he got 11 goals and 7 assists.

This season so far, 12 starts, 7 substitute appearances and 7 goals and 6 assists.

Paul_Scholes18

His assist was so pleasing to watch. Such a clever header that made it so easy for Pogba. Highlight of the game for me. He struggled with his dribbling at times, but overall he is such a good player and another good game from him. People talk about spending big, but is our own and arguably our best player so far this season overall together with Matic.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Didn't like him in the first half, he was clogging up the left side. Was much better in the 2nd half when he was a second striker with Lukaku. He seemed a bit lost in the first half.

Litch

And some member mentioned,"Starting to think he believes he's better than what he actually is."

Football fans, i tell you
I agree....there is something about fans that will see the best in other teams players but only see the worst in theirs. For me ever season you see something else in his development towards a world class footballer. He could easily be one of those young players that's just about being fast and direct but he's much more than that. We've seen dimensions to his game like taking free kicks and his creativity in his passing is underrated. The pass to Kane a few England games ago was outstanding. For me yesterday was the awareness in creating the goal. Hopefully, when all these pieces come together when he's 24/25, you are taking about maybe one of the best players in the world....

Andersons Dietician

His assist was so pleasing to watch. Such a clever header that made it so easy for Pogba. Highlight of the game for me. He struggled with his dribbling at times, but overall he is such a good player and another good game from him. People talk about spending big, but is our own and arguably our best player so far this season overall together with Matic.
There was another great header before that as well. The run for it was top level and then the little flick to try and get it in the path of Lukaku. That is great play and something he needs to do more often. Clearly he has the ability and awareness to bring others in like that flick to Lingard. He just too often seems to shut himself off from these thing and put his head down and run at folk.

He’s obviously still developing but more of that and he’ll be a top drawer player.

OldTrevil

Beautiful assist, he has great awareness and is underrated creatively, that errant pass with Martial open notwithstanding. Those two are serious all round footballers. Our front three should be them two plus one, against high quality opposition you play a proper midfield 3 behind them and against low quality bus parkers you add an additional attacker with a midfield two.

el3mel

Did nothing today, played on the right when he was subbed on then switched to left when Zlatan entered, but did nothing significant.

Acole9

Outstanding
He looked really sluggish, anonymous on the right and then went out on the left and looked as though he wasn't really up for it.

redIndianDevil

He looked really sluggish, anonymous on the right and then went out on the left and looked as though he wasn't really up for it.
He played about 2 minutes on the right and then Martial switched with him and then moved back to the left. He really should be playing centrally, he doesn't have the trickery in him to continue to play wide.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
That's what disappointed me the most, his attitude. Didnt want to make a difference at all

BenjaminP

Rashford's strongest asset is his attitude. But today he showed none.
With him showing this kind of attitude, Martial is always way ahead of him in technical sense.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’ve long felt that he has nothing to his game that suggests his best position is as a left winger. He has shown the most real world class potential as a centre forward for me. It now appears that route is blocked for him going forward, but Martial is definitely more suited to the left.

Part of the reason I have long been in the ‘play them both’ group is because in my opinion, his actual skill-set is better suited to the right than the left anyway.
He doesn’t have the range and finesse of dribbling that Martial has, but his raw speed makes him more suited to going outside than inside for me. He is also a brilliant crosser of the ball. He has a lot more similarities from a wing perspective to Valencia (at his prime), or perhaps Ryan Giggs, to be more kind, than Hazard or Neymar. He’d be better either as a central striker (reminds me of Arsenal’s Anelka) or an outside winger.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I’ve long felt that he has nothing to his game that suggests his best position is as a left winger. He has shown the most real world class potential as a centre forward for me. It now appears that route is blocked for him going forward, but Martial is definitely more suited to the left.

Part of the reason I have long been in the ‘play them both’ group is because in my opinion, his actual skill-set is better suited to the right than the left anyway.
He doesn’t have the range and finesse of dribbling that Martial has, but his raw speed makes him more suited to going outside than inside for me. He is also a brilliant crosser of the ball. He has a lot more similarities from a wing perspective to Valencia (at his prime), or perhaps Ryan Giggs, to be more kind, than Hazard or Neymar. He’d be better either as a central striker (reminds me of Arsenal’s Anelka) or an outside winger.
I tend to agree with this.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Doesn't even look arsed. Worst I've ever seen him play.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Unfortunately I had to work so missed his performance. He was playing from the right wing wasn't he? Can the poor performance be put down to that? We know him and Martial both prefer the left.

kundalini

There were a few moments of quality, in amongst tons of crosses that either got blocked or were cleared by the front post defender. There are too many players in our side who do nothing with the ball, that we need a few who at least try something.

el3mel

Clearly not a right winger and the talk about him playing in this position should stop once and for all after this game. He's not comfortable and doesn't play his normal game there at all.

Very good striker and LW but average RW.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Clearly not a right winger and the talk about him playing in this position should stop once and for all after this game. He's not comfortable and doesn't play his normal game there at all.

Very good striker and LW but average RW.
Very few strikers can play as traditional wingers. Strikers are developed to move towards the goal, that means that if they play on the wing they must play as an inverted winger so they can cut inside onto their strong foot.

el3mel

Very few strikers can play as traditional wingers. Strikers are developed to move towards the goal, that means that if they play on the wing they must play as an inverted winger so they can cut inside onto their strong foot.
That's exactly why I have been pointing out that he can't play as a RW.

Minimalist

Like today, most times I watch Rashford I think 'fancy stuff but ineffectual'. For me he's only a few clicks better than Miki despite the latter getting pelters.

haram

People need to stop saying he should play on the right just because he is quick and right footed. That's not how it works.

redIndianDevil

utter crap today. He really needs to learn how to pass and move, don't know why our players are intent on doing it all alone. He played on the right, through the middle and on the left today and was crap in all three positions.

Devil may care

He struggled on the right wing and doesn't seem to be able to do a lot out there bar run it and cross, which is not his natural game.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's just knackered. Between them Southgate and Mourinho have run him into the ground already. Needs a few days off before the Christmas period.

Mike09

I thought he did well compare to the other our attackers. His crossings today were very good and generate a lot of pace which are difficult for any defenders to clear them away. But I'm disappointed that Jose decided to swap his position as a striker with Mata in the middle of first half. I still think we should play him up front not a right winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.