5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fridge chutney

Yes, usually at around the age of 24-25 when a player has fully matured in to their role. He's being thrown scrap appearances that are outside of his comfort zone to develop his mentality and ability in a harsh and uncomfortable environment and maintain the momentum due to his positive and adaptable mentality (seemingly according to Jose). So as a 20 year old, I'm quite happy to give him time to develop, people need to relax a bit on our young guys.
Agree completely with this. He does go down too easily though, needs to cut that from his game. Unless he is deliberately trying to emulate Sterling.

Fridge chutney

Maybe there is method to Jose's madness. He was reluctant to play Rashford and Martial together and I can see why.

Perhaps they can play together if one is the #9. But not with both on the wings (yet?).

Tony999

Good & strong young player, but not enough for the starting XI, perfect as a sub or he must go on loan from januari till summer to a good club anywhere in europe to explore his talents, expectations here at Utd are to high and the bottle of patiences are getting filled up because of the disapointing results.

Ashley R1+O

Come on, he’s started 6 out of the last 10 games.
'Come on', what? 'Come on' where? You made a statement and I answered it with what my opinion was. So he has started six out of ten games, he will continue to start as long as Jose feels that his attitude warrants a place in the team - as he is the manager and the one coaching him, we aren't. He's just a kid, he's being thrown appearances here there and everywhere for a particular reason. In my opinion it is his good mentality that Jose feels an affinity with to give him the appearances in other positions. He's not going to get the start up front as long as Lukaku is fit and ready to go (beyond form reasons), when he is fit and doesn't need resting Rashford won't get a chance to lead the line. That is just how it is when you're trying to put together a squad. Now if we bought two left and right wingers/wing forwards and Rashford and Martial went to the bench to deputize for the ST and the W/WF spots, would that change the structure of the team? I think it would. The appearances on the flanks would change from "first choice, first up" to a position where that might suit his current pedigree. 'Young emerging talent'.

I’m not trying to say he’s shit and doesn’t deserve patience, but to say he’s been thrown scrap appearances is a bit farfetched. If he was having long periods in and out of the team that would make more sense. But he’s playing regularly enough, in a variety of hard and easy games, on paper.
No you misunderstand what I mean by scrap appearances, by 'scrap' I mean not up front as the main striker and having the team built around him as the main forward. (Because he is a ST, a 20yo emerging ST.) As in, he is making it into the lineup because there is room for Jose to force him into the lineup for whatever reason he chooses. Like I said above, I think it is because of his mentality. The kid obviously has the right mentality, the dedication to training and the ability to be relentless in his play. If there are holes that he can fill then why not give him the opportunities? (Same goes for Martial) For what it is worth I agree that they both need to improve, maybe their mentality has relaxed slightly over the last month, but as for dropping them or sanctioning them for their play? That is up to Jose, I am not sure what he can do as there aren't many other capable wide players in our squad.

One thing we can say is both he and Martial have been very dry in terms of their output in the last 10 games. I believe it’s something like 4 goals and 3 assists combined. That needs to be improved.
Well I would say that neither of them are wingers, both are being deployed in roles that are much outside their comfort zone. They both definitely need to improve, that doesn't mean the nuances to their game can't be fleshed out and discussed in civil conversations?

They are young and we need to be patient with them, there are holes in this squad. Big ones that their shoes aren't yet big enough to fill and it takes time. Part of the enjoyment of football is being able to appreciate the growth of these players, it doesn't happen overnight.

Loublaze

ATLien
If you dont understand the different roles Rashford and Jesus play for their respective clubs, then I cant help you.
They are both forwards. It doesn't really matter what what roles they play and how much is expected from them by their clubs. You make it seem like im comparing apples to freaking oranges

Leicester 2:2 Man Utd

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
4 players making runs off him around the box: Takes a stupid 25 yard shot that hits a defender.

One-on-one with keeper: Doesn't take the shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
4 players making runs off him around the box: Takes a stupid 25 yard shot that hits a defender.

Gobshite.
Don't know what has happened to him :(

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Awful 20 minutes from him. Made the wrong choices every time. Actually a little pissed off at him, but he'll come good. Just not been a good month for him.

IrishRedDevil

I can't stand him as a player atm. That chance to play Lukaku in and he didn't even attempt it. He is such a greedy player with no form of link up play at all.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
His attitude is rubbish. Deserves the Mikhi treatment for a couple of games.

mewnew11

I blame rashrord for this equaliser. Just a dumb decision not to play a simple ball in to lukaku and put him through.

It's awful to see such a young player not have balls or passion to attack.

BlahRules

He had the chance to put Lukaku through but didn't and tried to waste time. People are making out Martial played bad, need to see his performance!

Castia

What the feck was he doing at the end there???

Running at the defender 2v1 with Lukaku and he starts fecking walking. I’m fecking furious.

Yagami

Good post resistant

Gobshite.
3 attackers vs 1 defender, turns round and passes it back to allow Leicester to get back in shape. He's a terrible at the moment. I've defended him a lot but he deserves all the criticism he gets. It's not just about his lack of ability on the ball - he's become very stroppy and doesn't work as hard in his pressing and whatnot anymore.

lsd

The Oracle
Brainless player has a lot of talent be but if you don't have the brains you will always cost your team with stupid mistakes

Same for Smalling and Herrera we won't win the Premiership with brainless players

PoTMS

How many stupid decisions did he make today? Absolutely indefensible.

Minimalist

I think that performance is a good example of why some forwards are better off without licence to be creative. His decision making is not that of a top player.

acnumber9

No idea why he didn’t just play the pass to Lukaku when he ended up playing a square ball anyway.

King_Cantona07

This guy has no brain and is good only for poacher goals. Don’t deserve first team football. Before many teams identify he has no real football skills must sell off at high value. Mid table player at max. Can’t stand his play and figure on pitch anymore.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
This attitude is horrendous. Is he match fixing? He seems to be doing more for our fecking opposition than us. Should not play again for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.