5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

luke511

It was bizarre how we seemed content for Albrighton to sling over three of the best crosses I’ve seen all season and all three in the last three minutes of injury time !

Having seen the quality of the first one come in you’d have thought a closing down instinct would have kicked in when he had the second opportunity a minute or so later but we just stood and watched.
How good is Albrighton's delivery, that assist was one of the best I've seen this season.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It was bizarre how we seemed content for Albrighton to sling over three of the best crosses I’ve seen all season and all three in the last three minutes of injury time !

Having seen the quality of the first one come in you’d have thought a closing down instinct would have kicked in when he had the second opportunity a minute or so later but we just stood and watched.
It's crazy. He did it once and it was dangerous but looks the players thought it wasn't dangerous enough or something.

diplomat

Rashford seems very frustrated to me in recent games. It could be due to the fact that he gets 0 chances to play up front. He also had at least 4 cracking shots this season that have hit the inside of the post or the bar, so it's fair to say it's also bad luck.

In my opinion, he isn't a winger in the way Jose tries to utilise him, doesn't possess the levels of creativity Martial has. Marcus will thrive playing on the shoulders of defenses and playing one touch football. Whenever I've seen him play on instincts, he has produced the best one touches and quick turns but it hasn't happened for some time now. People are too quick to write our young players off, Rashford is an exceptional talent, with blistering pace, a cracking shot and whip on the ball, many skills under his sleeve, fearless mentality when he is on top of his game and I'm extremely happy that he is one of the many youth players proving themselves in Manchester United's main squad.

Reactions: Raoul

Vilev

I don't think I said he's talentless. I said he's as hell not ready to lead the line or be the striker here
Not all the time, but he is capable do it sometimes. He actually did it successfully. Under LVG and Jose as well.
That selfishness and terrible decision making he has been shown lately has nothing to do with his position. It has nothing to do with anything except himself, and if he can't improve this decision making and finishing then no chance we can afford him a chance to lead the line for us as a striker, because he didn't show he can be trusted here at all.
This terrible decision-making and "selfishness" were nowhere to be seen last year. And a year before that. I do mean season, not calendar "years". Now even at the start of this season he was great at connecting with team-mates. Re-watch West Ham game for example and tell me where was this so-called "selfishness" back then? There was not one. Actually the guy still leads with number of assists in PL, tied with Pogba and Micki if i remember correctly. But the more important thing is, these problems he is having now started after he pitted with Martial for starting spot.
Jose terrible man-management should take a lot of blame for that. And given Rash is 20 y/o probably "all the blame". It's perfectly normal for a forward to become "greedy" when you are pressured, esp since as you said yourself to have a chance as a CF he must score.
We all know Mourinho isn't the youth developing manager, and not Pep also btw, but if you need a manager to tell you to not feck up a counter, or a manager to teach you how to shoot on the goal instead of taking a penalty, then we're under massive problem. These are basics. If we need a manager to teach our players basics then it's easier to buy a new team from the start.
This has little to do with basics. Jose is a very bitter person, it's evident from everything he does. Now i don't mean it in a bad way exclusively. I mean it in a sense of a severe determination, he is a person who will through anyone, anything under the bus if it'll help him has his way. He is also kind of rigorous. It's a known fact that he likes to cultivate an extremely toxic atmosphere in the club, to cultivate the siege mentality. Sometimes it does help, he did won title with Real and Chelsea that way. But that works for older players obviously.
Rashford perfectly knows these basics you talk about, just look at his game when he debuted. His decision-making, his finishing were top-class and that was at 18. Yet any young player needs guidance and coaching. And this ultra-competitive toxic atmosphere Jose creates is exactly the sort of thing that will make the forward more "selfish".

el3mel

Not all the time, but he is capable do it sometimes. He actually did it successfully. Under LVG and Jose as well.
This terrible decision-making and "selfishness" were nowhere to be seen last year. And a year before that. I do mean season, not calendar "years". Now even at the start of this season he was great at connecting with team-mates. Re-watch West Ham game for example and tell me where was this so-called "selfishness" back then? There was not one. Actually the guy still leads with number of assists in PL, tied with Pogba and Micki if i remember correctly. But the more important thing is, these problems he is having now started after he pitted with Martial for starting spot.
Jose terrible man-management should take a lot of blame for that. And given Rash is 20 y/o probably "all the blame". It's perfectly normal for a forward to become "greedy" when you are pressured, esp since as you said yourself to have a chance as a CF he must score.
This has little to do with basics. Jose is a very bitter person, it's evident from everything he does. Now i don't mean it in a bad way exclusively. I mean it in a sense of a severe determination, he is a person who will through anyone, anything under the bus if it'll help him has his way. He is also kind of rigorous. It's a known fact that he likes to cultivate an extremely toxic atmosphere in the club, to cultivate the siege mentality. Sometimes it does help, he did won title with Real and Chelsea that way. But that works for older players obviously.
Rashford perfectly knows these basics you talk about, just look at his game when he debuted. His decision-making, his finishing were top-class and that was at 18. Yet any young player needs guidance and coaching. And this ultra-competitive toxic atmosphere Jose creates is exactly the sort of thing that will make the forward more "selfish".
First no he didn't lead the line " perfectly" last season or the one before. He scored 2 goals only as a striker during the end of last season when he became a striker after Zlatan injury, one of them was from a free kick.

The rest of the post is trying to throw the full blame on the manager for the kid being so selfish recently, exactly like those in Martial thread when they were blaming the manager and left back all the time when Martial do nothing on the pitch, it's not different at all. Always easy to throw the full blame on the manager when a player doesn't perform. We have been doing that continuously after SAF retired, the manager got sacked and the players escape the blame every time just to repeated the same mistakes under the next manager and again never got the blame.

Basically it's anyone's else mistake bar the player.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He's a super talent but he has alot to learn. Personally I'd be looking to buy an established player to play ahead of him for a couple of years.
He's still very raw.

Member 90678

Why do you have to make up this stuff about toxic atmosphere and selfishness?
Rashford is a great young talent and still a kid,surely the most logical explanation for his selfishness is the fact that he believes in his ability to beat a man instead of taking the easier pass?
Some of his decisions are brainless,but to put that down to a fictional toxic atmosphere at united is absurd.
You want your strikers to be selfish and believe they can always score or beat a man but unfortunately with youth comes lack of experience of when to make those decisions and not a toxic atmosphere.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Doesnt really deserve a spot in the team, but due to our lack of options we have to play him despite his poor form.

haram

Rashford's 'bad' form is so over exaggerated :lol:

Some people are really worked up about it.

RedStarUnited

Never said he was playing amazing but some people's outrage like he is the worst player on the planet is funny.
Its the decision making in games that we should win thats what annoying everyone.

But you dont see it that way.

haram

Its the decision making in games that we should win thats what annoying everyone.

But you dont see it that way.
In the last two games? I already agreed he made mistakes so I dont get what your point is. People only read what they want to read when I defend players. Same shit happened with Mata and Lingard.

Man Utd 2:2 Burnley

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Really lacks a brain. There he sprints full pelt at 3 defenders and loses the ball. Should've let Shaw overlap, take the RB away and leaves him 1 v 1 against whoever the other defender was.

Bojan11

The issue is he’s our main winger and doesn’t create anything. Rather put Young there.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Thinks he’s Ronaldo when in fact he’s a less productive Theo Walcott.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Shocking shocking first half, and the worst thing is that he's had this type of performance a few times this season.

Art

Art the artist
I can't for the life of me understand how a footballer can choose the wrong decision in every attacking situation especially when he's been quite mature about it in the previous season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Regardless of what his potential is, he's not good enough to be starting.
So many players aren't.

RedStarUnited

He doesnt look like he knows what he wants to do with the ball. He just runs and them kinda hopes it will work out.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Poor first half but he is better than that.
Other than pace, hes not showing us that he has any other useful attributes. Plus, he strikes you as very unintelligent. Fair enough, he's not a winger, but that doesn't mean you repeat the same brainless mistakes. You're a professional footballer at the end of the day.

haram

Other than pace, hes not showing us that he has any other useful attributes. Plus, he strikes you as very unintelligent. Fair enough, he's not a winger, but that doesn't mean you repeat the same brainless mistakes. You're a professional footballer at the end of the day.
His movement and runs are not unintelligent. He is struggling atm.

Gbenger

Why does he think he can get past defenders just by running in a straight line ?
That’s because he has very limited dribbling skills, if any at all.

Sometimes he goes past defenders by running like that, and other times he fails and that move looks sillier than it is.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Mourinho is known for persisting with under performers. Ivanovich with Chelsea too.. this guy won't get dropped anytime soon

BlahRules

His trying to be the 'it player' and it is not going to be working as he is not that player yet. When he realise that he has to go back to basic is when we would see the Rashford we all thought he would become world class.

I remember when he had amazing link up plays with his flicks and awareness to pass the ball to a player that is open.

All I see now is him trying to always go for the headlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.