Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greck

Real question is if he's ever going to be at least competent in the air

Wettergren

How many times have Rashford hit the woodwork this season? Pogba hit it 9 times last season, right?

Devil may care

This is a test for Jose's man management behind the scenes, Rashford is clearly struggling for confidence right now and looks really frustrated, Rashford had the storybook start to his career and this is his first obstacle, he'll need help to get through it. Martial has responded well to Jose after a rocky start so hopefully it will be the same with Rashford.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Nor remotely concerned about his form given the mentality he’s shown to this point in his career.

Where I am a little worried is the style of play he seems to be developing. While he’s been tremendously unlucky with some efforts I don’t particularly like the long shot orientated performance of late – Even when as a striker he seems to be always trying to work his opening rather than just playing a natural game – I think that’s what’s really separating Lingard/Martial from him right now – they just seem to be more fluid in the game.

His ability on the ball really wasn’t his strength when he was coming through – Which is why it’s strange seeing him play this way. Yes he can always beat a man but it was his off the ball running that was exceptional – Whether it was relentless pressure or the bent/diagonal runs. He was a nightmare for players defending him and wouldn’t give defenders a second to rest. He seems to have gotten away from that. I do wonder if being shunted on the wing is having a negative effect – I do wish Jose would have been braver with him and rotated/substituted Lukaku a few times, especially when he was off form.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
According to Mourinho, he's been very good in training and is scoring unbelievable goals there. It's a matter of time when he shows that in the PL. The Leicester game was awful attitude wise but that was just one match and his attitude apart from that has spot on.

He also has taken a particular liking to the post in the recent matches.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
According to Mourinho, he's been very good in training and is scoring unbelievable goals there. It's a matter of time when he shows that in the PL. The Leicester game was awful attitude wise but that was just one match and his attitude apart from that has spot on.

I'm not saying you're wrong that he'll show that, but what happens in training has very little relevance to what happens when the bright lights are on and you're playing in front of a full stadium. Some players are incredible in training and don't turn up when the real games come.

BigCaine

But isn't that an issue, how many strikers do we see scoring unbelievable goals day in day out, when he came on the scene his goals weren't spectacular they were just really good composed finishes, now he seems to be trying to be superstar in the team attempting strikes from ridiculous angles problem is he isn't that good.

KM

I'm not saying you're wrong that he'll show that, but what happens in training has very little relevance to what happens when the bright lights are on and you're playing in front of a full stadium. Some players are incredible in training and don't turn up when the real games come.
What you're saying is true for academy players who hasn't played in such environment before. Rashford has already shown that he's capable of playing in such stadium before.

KM

But isn't that an issue, how many strikers do we see scoring unbelievable goals day in day out, when he came on the scene his goals weren't spectacular they were just really good composed finishes, now he seems to be trying to be superstar in the team attempting strikes from ridiculous angles problem is he isn't that good.
His long range shooting has improved and I think its clear that we've been told to take on more long range shots, it has been evident for the last two games at least.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Here is a question for everyone, if Hypothetically PSG or any other club were to offer us 60 million for us, would you sell?

I would in a heartbeat.

KM

Here is a question for everyone, if Hypothetically PSG or any other club were to offer us 60 million for us, would you sell?

I would in a heartbeat.
Why would they offer 60m for a championship level player though? Or were you spectacularly wrong about it?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

I would in a heartbeat.
I would sell for a million if I get to keep all the money.

DdeGoat

I would in a heartbeat.
What are we in this hypothetical scenario? A top football club or a business interested in making money by selling players?

King.of.Red

Selling him.. Wow..
This kid is still very young and has potential to be very good player for us. Hopefully Rashford can be a superstar for us and I can comment, "I told you so". :devil:

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Why would they offer 60m for a championship level player though? Or were you spectacularly wrong about it?
Potential as per cafe? I just wanted to know what figure would rashford fanboys consider to sell him. I thought that figure is right even for his most loving fans.

buckooo1978

Potential as per cafe? I just wanted to know what figure would rashford fanboys consider to sell him. I thought that figure is right even for his most loving fans.
well if I can speak for the realists why on Earth would we sell Rashford who;

• has fantastic potential
  • has already shown himself to be a very good player
  • despite being in awful form still has 9 goals and 5 assists largely from the left in a team lacking creativity
  • in terms of room for development and potential he is very exciting- why not have a look at Harry Kane's stats at a comparative age for some perspective - think before he turned 20 he had scored 4 times
  • he's a Manchester lad who understands the club and forms part of a young core group of players who will be integral to our future
  • we obviously don't need the money

flappyjay

What's the obsession with having young players playing like players in their prime. Did he is still the same at 23/24 then we can bin him. Right now it's in our best interests to develop him

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

I would in a heartbeat.
I don't think he's highly regarded in France, I tend to think the English media massively overrates their young stars and it doesn't translate for the rest of Europe. With Mbappe and Neymar, they're not looking at Rashford to replace Cavani. Besides France, I can't see any other club in any league offering that kind of money for him just yet. If he manages to snap out of his funk and strings a season or two together being a key player, then I can definitely see it happen.

But above all, I don't think he should be sold. He's an academy product and has the potential to become an important player. It always speaks well on a club when they stick by their academy products and turn them into stars. It'll help recruit the next great potential youth player to want to come and develop like the next Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, or hopefully Rashford someday.

Greck

His long range shooting has improved and I think its clear that we've been told to take on more long range shots, it has been evident for the last two games at least.
He'll come good. No dootabooutit. Those shot attempts that hit the bar tell us he'll soon have a Lingard type run of worldies. His passing iq is still a problem that he should be prioritising over long range shooting. Still hasnt figured out how to use his teammates

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Needs to be less selfish, needs to stop being played out of position and needs to work on rounding his game out a bit more, but he's got the physical traits, personality and talent to be top class.

For me, both him & Martial would be better suited in a 3-5-2, playing as a loose sort of second-striker. Lukaku would be the focal point leading the line and the out-ball for quick transitions, and Martial and Rashford the guy next to him who can make runs off him or split and move in to the channels or half-spaces. I think this is especially true of Rashford as he doesn't have Martial's ability to beat players so I don't see what he's doing out on the wing.

We've seen he's a good finisher in and around the box, not just technically but he has predatory instincts for such a young age that will only increase as he learns and understands the game more, we've also seen him provide some smart assists in and around the 18 yard box (Lukaku v West Ham, Pogba v Newcastle spring to mind), for me this is where he's at his most consistently dangerous, out on the wing he's just a bit of a kick & chase merchant which is easy to defend against most of the time.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I don't think he's highly regarded in France, I tend to think the English media massively overrates their young stars and it doesn't translate for the rest of Europe. With Mbappe and Neymar, they're not looking at Rashford to replace Cavani. Besides France, I can't see any other club in any league offering that kind of money for him just yet. If he manages to snap out of his funk and strings a season or two together being a key player, then I can definitely see it happen.

But above all, I don't think he should be sold. He's an academy product and has the potential to become an important player. It always speaks well on a club when they stick by their academy products and turn them into stars. It'll help recruit the next great potential youth player to want to come and develop like the next Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, or hopefully Rashford someday.
I think he is highly rated in all the leagues. He finished as runner up and in third place for Golden boy award which is voted by mostly foreign journalists.

The prize was established by Italian sports newspaper Tuttosport in 2003. Newspapers that now participate in voting include Bild (Germany), Blick (Switzerland), A Bola (Portugal), l'Équipe (France), France Football(France), Marca (Spain), Mundo Deportivo (Spain), Ta Nea (Greece), Sport Express (Russia), De Telegraaf (Netherlands), and The Times (United Kingdom). Each juror is allowed to nominate five players, the juror will allocate 10 points to the player that they perceive as the most impressive, 7 for second, 5 third, 3 fourth, and 1 point for fifth most impressive.
Considering he finished 2nd and 3rd ahead of Coman and Jesus in last 2 years, it's far to say he is rated highly by others too.

I agree with your point that English media overrated their youngsters, at the same time there is also "Grass is always greener on the other side" is also true. We also tend to overrate other youngsters as we watch their good bits whereas players like Rashford is analysed every min of his play by our fans.

Himannv

I'm surprised that people are on this lad's case. He's had a few bad games as all young players do. He has all the tools required to be a top player for us. He will come good.

CA_vampire

I'm surprised that people are on this lad's case. He's had a few bad games as all young players do. He has all the tools required to be a top player for us. He will come good.
True! Many young players have ups and downs. For a long time, CR7 was a frustrating player to watch and personalty I had given up on him. (Good thing I am not professionally involved in football, haha.)

J_Red 11

I agree. He has been poor recently since December but he's still 20 years old. He's been doing good for his age with us so far. Top class or world class attackers like Griezmann, Lewandowski, Eto'o, & Drogba didn't do much better than what Rashford has done so far when they were teenager.

ReallyUSA

I agree. He has been poor recently since December but he's still 20 years old. He's been doing good for his age with us so far. Top class or world class attackers like Griezmann, Lewandowski, Eto'o, & Drogba didn't do much better than what Rashford has done so far when they were teenager.
The reason is because Mou and MU depended on him to hit above his weight. We all knew he wasn't ready.

eat_grass

I think part of it is the tension between the Martial vs Rashford segments of the fan-base. Rashford was ahead of Martial in the pecking order to start the season, then Martial took the lead after scoring goals in consecutive matches, then back to Rashford. So it was a case of one starts over the other, and even after wins there'd be United fans screaming bloody murder that Martial wasn't getting more minutes.

Hell, it's the reason Mourinho started doing weird substitutions: Rashford on for Mata, and Martial off for Mkhitaryan, even though the positions they took on the pitch were Rashford for Martial, and Mata for Mkhitaryan.

Rashford's doing fine. He's been unlucky the last few weeks. Sure, he's had a couple of poor outings (like most players have), but he has not dipped as low as many are suggesting.

But it can't help his confidence that United fans essentially chant "Rashford off! Martial on!" when they sing Martia's song.

Micky Targaryen

well if I can speak for the realists why on Earth would we sell Rashford who;

• has fantastic potential
  • has already shown himself to be a very good player
  • despite being in awful form still has 9 goals and 5 assists largely from the left in a team lacking creativity
  • in terms of room for development and potential he is very exciting- why not have a look at Harry Kane's stats at a comparative age for some perspective - think before he turned 20 he had scored 4 times
  • he's a Manchester lad who understands the club and forms part of a young core group of players who will be integral to our future
  • we obviously don't need the money
Great post.

Man Utd 3:0 Stoke

Sylar

I dont like seeing him play out wide. I dont think it helps him at all overall. Yes he gets minutes, but id rather see him come on and play up top.
I think hes too selfish right now to play out wide

redIndianDevil

I dont like seeing him play out wide. I dont think it helps him at all overall. Yes he gets minutes, but id rather see him come on and play up top.
No way he plays ahead of Lukaku. He just doesn't have as much impact from the bench as Martial does out wide. Best thing is that we loan him out to a club where he will be a guaranteed starter as a striker. With Sanchez coming on he'd be struggling even more.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's 20. Coming off the bench and starting some game doesn't do him any harm. Don't see how a loan helps. He needs to build his way into a starting XI player as he's clearly not at the moment.

Bojan11

He played up top the other week and did you not see how poor he was.

He’s too selfish non stop. Lukaku is playing as a striker and isn’t being selfish.

Sylar

He played up top the other week and did you not see how poor he was.

He’s too selfish non stop. Lukaku is playing as a striker and isn’t being selfish.
No way he plays ahead of Lukaku. He just doesn't have as much impact from the bench as Martial does out wide. Best thing is that we loan him out to a club where he will be a guaranteed starter as a striker. With Sanchez coming on he'd be struggling even more.
Oh I agree. But im saying, him being selfish out wide is more a detriment to the team than being selfish up top.
I dont think we should loan him though. Think he needs a bit more coaching / man management. He needs to understand assisting somebody will have as big an impact and impression for the manager than always shooting.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I really wonder how the arrival of Sanchez is going to work out for his development.

RedStarUnited

Its Martials fault he isnt scoring tbh. Martial is not running the RB ragged enough for Rashford to come on, take advantage and score. Selfish from Martial really, Marcus was doing it for him game in game out earlier in the season.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Should not be loaning him out under any circumstances. He's in a bad enough period where he's still looked threatening. His confidence in front of goal is not there but given the mentality he's shown to this point I'm not concerned. If Lukaku or Martial get injured we'd need him.

el3mel

Thought he was selfish again in the few moments he got. It's as if he deleted the passing option from his vocabulary. He only looks to shoot now from any position and if he doesn't sort that out he'll get predictable easily.

Also we should stop giving him the corner kicks. He clearly doesn't play them, puts too much power into it waiting for it to hit someone with zero accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.