Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
He’s a kid who’s struggling against the current at the moment. He’ll be fine, albeit I’d agree that he could do with a couple of weeks off to recharge mentally.

Kag

He's certainly out of form, however, I wouldn't be in such a rush to curb the supposed greed.

Yes, he needs to pick his moments but being a bit too greedy is definitely preferable to just not having the ballsack to try and take responsibility for the outcome of our matches.

Too many players at United have passed the buck in recent years, expecting somebody else to score for us. Young and Valencia used to do it when on the wing, Lingard has been this way. Mata, too. I've got no time for cowardice.

I wouldn't be too hard on him for this because it's for all the right reasons. He'll learn.

AshRK

it's very important Jose starts him against yeovil and hope he bangs a goal or two. He clearly looks like he wants to score and prove that he is equally good. I feel lingard's and martial''s recent great form has affected him with him not making equal contribution. Let us not forget since his debut he has always been a sort of main man and scoring some lovely goals till last month or so. His form is very crucial for us to succeed as him coming of bench with top form will mean we can always get a goal or two. Jose must spend more time with him. We cannot afford him to lose him.

OL29

Lots of responses from the rest to that.
He's a funny one Neville, he was complaining on Monday Night Football about Twitter trolls who act comepetely different online than they would face to face. Well the way he carries himself on Twitter isn't much better, he comes across like a child imo. Why not debate the point instead of throwing your toys out of the pram?

Greck

Another way to look at it is that he simply holds on to the ball for too long because he has no confidence in making simple passes?
This. He messes it up when he tries and he stops trying.

He came up the ranks playing with his head down and seems to have an undeveloped passing ability

OL29

This. He messes it up when he tries and he stops trying.

He came up the ranks playing with his head down and seems to have an undeveloped passing ability
I disagree, he's shown this season when on form that he's capable of putting others in through on goal with clever passing. Once he regains his form I expect we'll see it again, he just needs to revert to doing the basics right instead of trying to do everything himself.

Foxbatt

It is not his form that is the issue. It is his decision making. When you are out of form then it is best to try the simple things. Like passing to a team mate in a goal scoring position instead of you trying to score a goal from a worse position.

Lj82

I definitely understand and agree with that. I'm just wondering if his confidence is that low (Martial outperforming him and now the arrival of Sanchez), shouldn't he try less complicated shit and focus on the basics of passing and sharing the ball ?
Agree. But sometimes to a young player, what seems obvious may not actually be that obvious. I feel that he is trying to force things through. We have seen the same with many other players before too.

The coaching team probably needs to talk to him and help him rebuild his confidence, and to straighten his mind out

Brightonian

He's got some beautiful passing football in his locker, which we've seen this season as well as throughout his short career with us.

He is literally just out of form. When someone else stutters, he'll get another couple of chances and will no doubt find his form to fill the void. Our attackers have been doing that beautifully this season.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Agree. But sometimes to a young player, what seems obvious may not actually be that obvious. I feel that he is trying to force things through. We have seen the same with many other players before too.

The coaching team probably needs to talk to him and help him rebuild his confidence, and to straighten his mind out
Yeah, he's so young. He needs to be guided and made to realize that you never force things that he doesn't need to worry about "impressing" because he'll get there eventually. He just needs to relax and keep it simple.

Icemav

Yeah no biggie as long as he keeps trying and developing. He has obviously had a dip recently not helped by hitting the post with some great efforts. If a couple of those had gone in things would be more than fine for a player if his age.

KYcinco

Why are people claiming " it' a confidence issue ".

He has no problem running at his defenders, taking them on or doing a skill to get past them or even taking a shot from all angles.

The only issue I see is that he now knows Martial has secured that left side so he has decided to play for himself, he is young, but this greedy trait he has developed over the last year can really harm us when we need to finish off a game.

He will become a good 15( goals)/10 ( assist)player in the future, I just hope he starts to see the bigger picture soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Niall

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Rashford has never been a good Sub TBH, he struggles to get into a game unless he starts. I noticed that Martial when subbed on usually does something positive, but I can't remember many times Rashford came on and changed the game or effected it positively.

He just needs a bit of time to adjust and settle into a position, he's got a lot of competition right now. Genuinely wouldn't be against a loan at the moment.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

Feels as if Rashford is a victim of variance as much as anything. Been very unfortunate in recent months to have had the low output that he has had. Lukaku is our only player whose expected goal and assist output has been higher, Pogba is just below Rashford. I've asked for Martial's figures as he is short of 1200 minutes. Sanchez is a cut above anyone else we have got.

E-mal

Feels as if Rashford is a victim of variance as much as anything. Been very unfortunate in recent months to have had the low output that he has had. Lukaku is our only player whose expected goal and assist output has been higher, Pogba is just below Rashford. I've asked for Martial's figures as he is short of 1200 minutes. Sanchez is a cut above anyone else we have got.
I think Martial's stats are more superior to Sanchezs'. He has score a total 9 goals+ 4 assists against Sanchez 7+3 in a fewer minutes.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Rashford has never been a good Sub TBH, he struggles to get into a game unless he starts. I noticed that Martial when subbed on usually does something positive, but I can't remember many times Rashford came on and changed the game or effected it positively.

He just needs a bit of time to adjust and settle into a position, he's got a lot of competition right now. Genuinely wouldn't be against a loan at the moment.
Newcastle would be ideal IMO, or Leicester for 18 months as part of a deal for Vardy (who’d be a decent back up across the frontline)

He needs to mature, and being rotated all over the pitch isn’t allowing him the continuity to grow or develop into the player he potentially can be. He’s still a baby in footballing terms, and has the potential to compete with or even replace Lukaku in a few years.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Newcastle would be ideal IMO, or Leicester for 18 months as part of a deal for Vardy (who’d be a decent back up across the frontline)

He needs to mature, and being rotated all over the pitch isn’t allowing him the continuity to grow or develop into the player he potentially can be. He’s still a baby in footballing terms, and has the potential to compete with or even replace Lukaku in a few years.
Yeah, while minutes on the pitch is nice he's not really learning his trade. He was looking good up top in his first season all though obviously green, but since then he's been moved about and doesn't really look comfortable in any of the positions. His talent is clear to see, he just needs to really knuckle down and learn a position.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Forget the cost of Vardy. Assuming we get him for a fair price, do you really think Leicester will be okay in taking as Rashford as their main striker ?

This is a club who spent 50m on 2 forwards and still rejected them as they couldn't produce the form they were expecting.

Greck

I disagree, he's shown this season when on form that he's capable of putting others in through on goal with clever passing. Once he regains his form I expect we'll see it again, he just needs to revert to doing the basics right instead of trying to do everything himself.
You can disagree with the opinion about his passing ability but can't disagree with the part about coming up playing with his head down. He was still playing with his head down well into last season.

This season he's ironed out that aspect. Plays with his head up and sees what's happening ahead of him but struggles to execute the passes. The next step is to iron out the flaws in executing these passes

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

I think Martial's stats are more superior to Sanchezs'. He has score a total 9 goals+ 4 assists against Sanchez 7+3 in a fewer minutes.
Martial is right between Son and Lacazette, so he's doing brilliantly. Surprised Morata is so high, though I guess his problem has been atrocious finishing.

But yeah, Rashford has lost form the last few months but he still has moments. He went multiple games of getting close to scoring, hit the post loads of times, had shots cleared off the line, narrow misses and things like that, even though he wasn't playing too well. That's a good sign as it shows he's still getting in the chances and eventually that will turn around and turn into more goals and assists rather then hitting the post or being cleared off the line.

NoPace

My reading of this chart is that Doucoure must be having a great season

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Love seeing a goal like that. What he was always good for. Never giving up.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Proper tenacity will reward him with more goals and confidence.

Sanchez seems to trust him in that buildup and Rash definitely got someone to learn from now.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Really not a fan right now. He’s still so young so there’s plenty time but he’s not developing so far as I’d hoped.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
The biggest difference between Rashford and Martial is their ability to convert. Martial is clinical. When he's in front of goal you expect him to score in the same way you expected Ruud to score (well not quite, yet). Rashford has immense talent and one of the best mentalities I've ever seen from a player that age. He will make it, but he's learning and perhaps not as naturally gifted as Martial. He's also younger which means his form will naturally be more patchy with more lulls and peaks.

If Rashford can consistently convert in front of goal then he's a 20 goal a season striker. He gets himself into goal-scoring positions so often. He just needs to find that clinical ability to convert in front of goal and improve on his decision making.

Really think its time for him to go on loan and start games regularly and play in one position.
Sending him out on loan (unless to Dortmund or a club like that) makes no sense. Anything other than a squad position would be a demotion which he might not recover from. Best to keep him here and give him games as his performances merit over the next few years. Let him learn on the trade. He's played a part in every game this season and been excellent, good, or bad, but is constantly learning and getting the experience he needs (here). So loaning him out makes no sense to me. He'll get games.

10 goals and 8 assists is a great return for a player his age. So people also need to retain perspective.

ZupZup

Really think its time for him to go on loan and start games regularly and play in one position.
Why on earth would we send him on loan? He plays in almost every match...

A couple of injuries to our attacking players and we would instantly regret it.

L1nk

I really hope he doesn't just turn into a speed merchant and that's it.

el3mel

He became much better second half when he was turned to the left after Sanchez left the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.