5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Improve, sure. But I don't think he's a bad finisher, not at all. I also think 1v1 is a difficult skill for young players to learn. A lot of what goes into a great striker in 1v1's is having the know how and quick thinking to outwit a goalkeeper. Something I think he'll learn in time.
I didn't say he's a bad finisher. I said he's inconsistent at the moment though. Hopefully it improves over time. Still young and plenty of time to work on this.

Nick7

I didn't say he's a bad finisher. I said he's inconsistent at the moment though. Hopefully it improves over time. Still young and plenty of time to work on this.
Ah, didn't mean to come across like you said that. Just quantifying my thoughts. Agreed on the second part.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
There’s an interesting debate on talksport at the moment. Basically they are saying that his lack of games could put his World Cup place in jeopardy.

god_of_football

There’s an interesting debate on talksport at the moment. Basically they are saying that his lack of games could put his World Cup place in jeopardy.
Reason why England will not win anything at the world cup. I think him not playing much now is good for him and England as in he will not be burnt out when the finals start. Definitely he is going to get back playing from this month onwards. And I think it is good management from Jose at least for Rashford and England.

Return of the Manc

I miss my boy Rashford upfront.

A shame he is not playing. Has the ability to become our number 9 & was hoping for that to be the case.

Comparing Gabriel Jesus to Rashford when he was being supported by his previous manager- I could not see much difference between the two other than one having a tad more experience in his game & position. I look back at a year like this where we are near double figure points difference to the title leaders - I dont see why we have halted Rashford's rise to be our number 9 by replacing him with a striker who was bought due to him being more suited to leading our line if we wanted to win a title.

That has clearly not happened & Mctomminay or not- Jose has been awful for Rashford who has been practising shots further & further away from the penalty box as time goes on. Hope he can hold it on here a couple more months here and stay strong in the head whilst the last bit of the Mourinho era finishes.

Fairy tale or not- I expect the likes of Angel gomes, Chong, TFM, Tuenzebeb etc all be breaking through thereafter in a season or two with them to be led/ given a helping hand by Rashford & Lingard.

AshRK

The boy will be fine. If I were Jose I would play him as a right forward just wish lukaku at centre and martial at left . Sanchez can be behind those three. 4-2-1-3. I won't mind if Jose tries that

Antonedwin

Till he fix his decision making , i am not gonna rate him , i don't care how fast or how skilled he is it doesn't matter .
He got into good position often only to feck it up with his decisions.
I hope he is learning from the bench nowadays

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Till he fix his decision making , i am not gonna rate him , i don't care how fast or how skilled he is it doesn't matter .
He got into good position often only to feck it up with his decisions.
I hope he is learning from the bench nowadays
That’s the problem though, he’s not going to learn anything from the bench. He needs game time to develop and improve and he’s been a peripheral figure in the team.

Foxbatt

He has been given the chance to start as the CF a few times this season in the Cup games and he has not produced. Lukaku is a much better CF right now that Rashford. We simply cannot afford to take that chance and drop Lukaku for Rashford.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He has been given the chance to start as the CF a few times this season in the Cup games and he has not produced. Lukaku is a much better CF right now that Rashford. We simply cannot afford to take that chance and drop Lukaku for Rashford.
Couldn't agree with this more, his biggest issue right now is that he's over-complicating every thing he does, it's a confidence issue but we can't help him get his confidence back because he's not presenting himself as a good enough option when he does play, it's a tricky situation we find ourselves in. What Rashford can do between now and the end of the season when he does get the chance is play it simple, that's one of the best things you can do when you're out of form IMO.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Well, he said himself he prefers not to think about finishing. Says his best goal was the one against West Ham in the FA cup where simply shot based on instincts.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Loan him out to Leicester for 2 years, as part of a move for Vardy; everyone’s a winner in that deal.

Vardy’s the perfect forward for Mourinho’s top 6 tactical masterplans; his record proves that. Lukaku can bully the cannon fodder, but in the big games there’s nobody better in England than Vardy; City and Spurs’ high lines would be there for the taking with him in the team.

Rashford isn’t where he should be in terms of trajectory and needs regular football as a forward somewhere while he learns without pressure.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
He's fine where he is, he started the season well, had a downturn in form then got injured. He could come back with a very good last half of the season and is good enough currently to play for United whilst learning on the job. I really don't understand the need to loan him anywhere, he's just fine where he is now.

Return of the Manc

Couldn't agree with this more, his biggest issue right now is that he's over-complicating every thing he does, it's a confidence issue but we can't help him get his confidence back because he's not presenting himself as a good enough option when he does play, it's a tricky situation we find ourselves in. What Rashford can do between now and the end of the season when he does get the chance is play it simple, that's one of the best things you can do when you're out of form IMO.
Well thats the thing- it's not as simple as Rashford has not produced when given the chance.

You cant just pick games saying Rashford has not produced in cup games when given the chance when Lukaku had months where he did not produced & never got dropped; not even subbed for Rashford to have games as a striker. The fact that this happened shows that Mourinho does not have the tactics to get the best out of a striker like Rashford; otherwise, He would have used Rashford as a striker even as a sub in a game. That never happened and he has continued with Lukaku irrespective of form; a level of favouritism that has been shown to that type of striker through out Jose's career history.

So saying that Rashford has not produced in the carling cup when given the chance is not technically correct; if Jose knew how to get the best out of him - he would have used him more throughout the season. Instead what we get is a half hybrid winger/forward who now shoots the ball like he is going to cross due to very poor management of a relatively promising player.

On the other hand- Lingard was always a CAM who broke through to the team as a right sided midfielder - he has been given the trust & the right position to play the football that gets the best out of him. Also looking at Jose's histories of such players- he has had a good history with utilising these players in the right position- similair players with similair outputs like oscar who play behind the striker as a CAM running in to CF spaces.

Reiliano

How many games has he played up front? I seem to remember him scoring in the cup up front more than once.

Last edited by a moderator:

el3mel

Much much better than last games. He needs to stop putting much power in crossing though but he didn't look selfish at all.

spiriticon

We certainly looked a different team when he came on, but I don't know if that was down to him or the rest of the team thinking 'feck, we are actually going to lose this match'

Reddevildans

Gave us a different dimension on the left. Opened the game up a bit. Still very rash though. Has some serious brainfarts during games. What was that free kick all about that went straight for a goal kick! Credit for Jose for taking mctominay off at half time and putting him straight in.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He should start ahead of Jesse. Lingard is devastating as a sub.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Changed the game without actually being good himself. Immediately came on and showed urgency and quick tempo and ran at their defenders. Opened space and quickened the game overall. Good impact while personally being a bit sloppy.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The worst thing about this forum during the recent wave of negativity has been the way the likes of Rashford have been treated. The guy is no more than a kid and still has 10 goals this season yet people practically abuse him rather than showing any understanding when his form dips a little.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
He should start ahead of Jesse. Lingard is devastating as a sub.
Both should be starting if you asked me, both have the desire to do things, the next home game hopefully rashford starts form the left, Lings in the middle and Sanchez from the right in a Mata role.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Both should be starting if you asked me, both have the desire to do things, the next home game hopefully rashford starts form the left, Lings in the middle and Sanchez from the right in a Mata role.
I think Martial should start ahead of jesse

Walters_19_MuFc

Decent half from Rashford.

Yes, his running with the ball and off it troubled Palace. I think what troubled them more; however, was the position he had taken up. He kept the width, and stretched Palace. Didn't always get the ball, but opened up space for others.

Would start him vs Liverpool.

binary bot
One of him or Martial need to be regular fixtures in the team. Their ability to beat a man from a standing start is key for us.

Someone needs to tell him not to go near free kicks.

Web of Bissaka

Did as his role as needed, to stretch our play, and exploit that left wing, while Lukaku did at the other end.

Constant threats early second half, but eventually faded as no one can spot his good runs.

Still, his presence alone there is threatening.

Last edited:

Handré1990

Thought he made a big difference today, along with Mata’s ability to keep the ball going deep into CP’s half, Rashford threatening their fullback was a big reason we managed to pin them back so effectively

Greck

Didn't think he was anything special or did anything like changing the game but we need players that can take on their man even if they lose it repeatedly, especially since we don't really excel at the kind of crisp passing that can break down teams parking the bus

Devil may care

While he didn't create anything as such, he added much needed dynamism and energy into the attack.

STYLOISRED

I was really happy with his performance today. Gave us much needed width and his movement and decision making looked to have improved. Can't wait for him to return to full form

RedCurry

He was absolutely vital today for us in building up that momentum during the second half.

I loved how he was sticking to his wide position instead of coming in too narrow like all our other attackers.

Phil

Appreciated how he stayed wide and ran at them, opened up a bit for him. Good to see.

AR87

This was a good performance. He was tactically disciplined and didn't do alot of dumb and overly complicated things in attack. When you're struggling it can help to play within yourself and he did that today. The run he made as soon as he came on, it's too bad he didn't get the chance to finish it because that would have done his confidence worlds of good.

Status
Not open for further replies.