5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr PG

He's been shite lately. Really needed a performance. Hoepfully can kick on again from here. Would love him and martial to cement their places
Sometimes people just take literally what the coach says. Martial was just better for a while then Sanchez being tried on the left back...doesn't mean Rashford was necessarily that poor.

People have been getting on JM about playing 3 in midfield and in the crystal palace game he saw how much we suffered without width. Martial would probably have played if fit (Mou admitted it wa sa toss up between the two and I suspect the 3 man midfield is shelved for a while.

Web of Bissaka

The two goals are ridiculously similar. :drool:

Few of the similarities between them is how both of them can be called training freaks. Ronaldo loves to train a lot on all-around skills listening to coaches in training drills, and many reported that Rashford's attitude and performances in training is very very good training on a lot of drills. They trained hard and naturally their football and playstyle kept on sharpening and evolving. Bet Rashford would gradually turn into a complete top class all-around attacker, no problem playing as striker or winger in any roles.

Rashford's play is a lot more composed and balance this season, and his shooting skills and style is more convincing/threatening.
*Hit the goalposts too much right?

Still waiting for his Ronaldo-esque free kicks, in his own style. :drool:

Acole9

Outstanding
That Ronaldo chop for the first goal was a beauty, a real disciplined performance and he made a right mug out of that Alexander Arnold. Wise move taking him off though, I was a bit concerned about him possibly getting sent off.

Bwuk

Fancy him vs Sevilla. Apparently they are having issues with right backs for the game.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
More nonsense, from the BBC this time:

Rashford and Lingard can't stick around a moment longer, guys... :rolleyes:
That is sickening. Makes me so mad to read such obvious bullshit. People trying to effect these young guys to offset the team so Mourinho gets the fans on his back and gets fired, absolutely hate when media is used like that. It has to be such a hassle to deal with all the narratives coming his way, its a hard job to be the manager of Man Utd. You can't just be a good football man you need to have some sort of power to deal with all the non football matters

Sorry for going offtopic but you can see why Mourinho is such an asshole sometimes, he has to be. Fans should appreciate that fact, as long as he is our man he want's our best and that is the most important part. The thought of our own fans reading that article and buying into the narrative because of ignorance makes me sick, but its the way these things work. They plant a seed, then shit grows and down the line it all contributes to the downfall. We as fans should play our part and be united to go against hurtful shit like that, not entertain any of it.

Mourinho has been self-conscious in his handling of Rashford since his arrival, and has been making sure Rashford has gotten a lot of minutes even when he haven't performed, sort of to protect himself from something. I didn't get that at first as i didn't understand why anyone would disagree with a young player not playing for Man Utd if not in good form, as that isn't the way its been at this club. But i see now that something is going on here

Last edited:
Man Utd 1:2 Sevilla

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Looked better when on the left side but his corners and especially freekicks were horrendous (seriously take him him off setpieces). End product also wasn’t so good, few wild crosses from him but I’ll give him some credit for having the balls to take players on. A better manager would know all of this by now.

Devil may care

Gets no blame from me, worked hard but he's clearly not comfortable on the right but had to be shoved out there so we can pander to Sanchez.

binary bot
He was decent.

Still don’t understand why he’s smashing free kicks from 30 yards every time he’s on the pitch. Must be scoring them in training.

Utdstar01

How are people saying he was decent?! Not faulting his effort but it's worrying if any fan thinks any players other than Lukaku were decent tonight.

Bojan11

I thought he was atrocious.

He showed a lot of effort. But his crosses and set pieces were Bebesque.

van Nistelrooy

Showed glimpses of the wonderkid we believe he is and tried hard at times, but running at the opposition and producing nothing at the end of it it gets frustrating.

I find it astonishing that we allow Rashford to take free-kicks with no one else even challenging him. Surely Alexis would be capable?

Velvet Revolver

His decision making while trying to assist is what lets him down. Usually when through on goal or attempting to score his shots are on target or he scores 6/10 times. But when playing as a winger and trying to assist it goes down to 2/10 attempts. Clearly, he is a striker/forward and needs to play there, not gonna happen anytime soon though.

Vilev

Actually his delivery is okay, more times good than not. I think actually forwards, Lukaku and Lingard should anticipate his actions better. For example when he made that fast low cross just a yard from goal, i was sure he would do it even as he started dribbling in the area. I don't know why Lukaku thought it's a good idea to wait for a gentle pull back.
And his corners are good, they have spin, the are usually in the danger area. Though Rashford himself is a menace in the box, so i would rather Mata, Young, Alexis, others to take corners. Rashford is quite strong and not a short guy either, his heading is okay. Just seems a waste to not have him in the box.

Djemba-Djemba

I thought he tried hard, which at least puts him above the likes of Pogba, but I dont think he played well.

Needs to be taken off free kicks.

AP88

Supports
Man City
I’ve said it so many times - he’s a superb talent within the width of the penalty box because he’s instinctive and decisive; beat the man, then shoot. He’s clueless on the wing, just kicks and runs. He could even play as a Kaka-esque mobile #10, but he’s NOT a wide player in a system that sees him receive the call 50 yards away.

Either play him centrally, or loan him out to somewhere he can until a mananger arrives who will, or he matures sufficiently for Mourinho to trust him there.

Shoehorning him in isn’t helping his development.

Sylar

For free kicks he thinks he's Ronaldo

Well he does waste them like Ronaldo nowadays so there's that

Also said it previously but I'm more convinced now, he should be used as a striker and not out wide cos he's fast

Yes he scored two goals against Liverpool but first was him as the furthest man forward in a one on one and the other was a strike from inside the box

Acole9

Outstanding
He had some decent moments but also some really poor ones. I hope he doesn't take anymore free kicks, still dining out on the one he scored last season.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Wasn't great today, but first half he was the only one that looked like there might be any spark.

superdry

touched by a genius
One or two good things, but loads of really poor things, looked clueless in a couple of situations.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
He is not as good as he thinks he is, still think a loan spell is his best option. Even if he can excite the fans a bit by running fast, he makes wrong decisions time after time. He may become a good player, i even said it against Liverpool, he is like two players, Rashford and rashbeck and sadly rashbeck makes more appearances than rashford.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Jesus the lad is infuriating. How can you be so inconsistent. Doesn't seem to have too much between the ears when asked to really think to unlock a defence. On instinct, like at Liverpool, it's all very good. Zaha level at the moment for me, needs to be much better if he want's to be first team.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's just not very good on the right.
Him being shite on the right comes as a surprise only to Jose.
I agree. Shifting him to the right because of Sanchez is criminal.

He just destroyed Liverpool FFS not so long ago from the left.
Have all of you completely forgotten the spell of rotten form that preceded him being dropped, when he was exclusively playing on the left?

He’s an inconsistent young player who’s been struggling for form. A few good moments against Liverpool’s rookie RB doesn’t mean he’d have been much better last night if only he was played on the left.

haram

Have all of you completely forgotten the spell of rotten form that preceded him being dropped, when he was exclusively playing on the left?

He’s an inconsistent young player who’s been struggling for form. A few good moments against Liverpool’s rookie RB doesn’t mean he’d have been much better last night if only he was played on the left.
Difference is he actually has looked good on the left and prefers playing on the left for a reason.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

The worrying thing is you can say that about the majority of our attacking players.

I agree with you though, its always the position that people like to mention, play on the RW, or the LW or through the middle. Hes just struggling at present, but to be fair he is not the only one which worries me a lot

Varun

Staff

Yes, I've not suggested that anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.