5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevil@84

“A lot of people have that dream, so you’re not only doing it for you; you’re doing it for a lot of people that you might not even know, but there are a lot of people who had the dream of playing for their local team when they were young."

Sky: Rashford has dreams. So he will leave Utd to fulfill his dreams.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
‘Game time’.

If Harry Kane’s game time primarily came as wide cameos for Tottenham at the same age rather than as a focal point elsewhere, he wouldn’t be the player he is now. Rashford isn’t technical enough to evolve as a winger; his reputation is built on his lethal finishing and box-movement when he broke into the team, to me he’s like an Andy Cole-type.

Mourinho rightly won’t consistently allow him that central role, at least at this point, so it’d be better for him to do it elsewhere rather than be utilised as an additional fullback.

The move is I’d advocate is to Leicester on a two year loan with Vardy arriving as the vice-Lukaku - it’d be beneficial for all parties. Vardy is immense against big teams with high lines, and would fit into Mourinho’s tactical masterclasses perfectly.
What is this though? :jol:

VJ1762

Did anyone look at the article by neil ashton at the Sun? Don't they have anything other than to speak shit at every turn?

ti vu

Did anyone look at the article by neil ashton at the Sun? Don't they have anything other than to speak shit at every turn?
Please try to avoid reading the Sun and bringing it up so people give it clicks

Deleted member 101472

Is it still the general consensus that we have seen and will continue to see the best of him as a striker?

VJ1762

Is it still the general consensus that we have seen and will continue to see the best of him as a striker?
something about how he has lost sight of playing football and has been involved in too much off the field stuff.
And the mandatory how this would have never happened under SAF.
Looks like proper British journalism is a dying breed. Only daniel taylor and barney ronay look like they put any effort at all

Deleted member 101472

something about how he has lost sight of playing football and has been involved in too much off the field stuff.
Looks like proper British journalism is a dying breed. Only daniel taylor and barney ronay look like they put any effort at all
What?!:lol:

Sterling Archer

Sell him. He just not growing up fast enough. At this point it'll be years until he's in his peak mid twenties.

el3mel

It's like the press found nothing negative to talk about after the derby so they decided to invent something by their own. Mental stuff.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Despite the fact that, more often than not, he seems to make poor final decisions and at times is a bit of a headless chicken as said above, I still think he'll be a fantastic player for us. My enthusiasm pretty much hasn't waned at all since the end of that first season. You can see the talent in him and we all know he has a very determined attitude behind the scenes. As for the possibility of us selling him, can't see it in a million years.

Ashley R1+O

Never stops running, never stops moving. The kids mentally so strong. He'll continue to grow and the WC in the summer will do him great.

Zoo

It was good to see him take that shot on with his left foot. If he can improve on that he could go on to be very special.

Canagel

I don't like him being shoehorned on the right. It's not his position. He should play either up front or on the left.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Yea don't like him on the right so much either but very dependable for working his socks off and bursts of acceleration. The first goal was pretty much down to his hard work.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So much to his game. Hope he can steer clear of injuries and fulfil even half that potential.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just like everyone else, he had an average decent performance. Looked lively though, which is always a good thing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I prefer his version of a RW to that of Matas. If we had given him a run of games there this season I think he'd have been able to forge something for himself.
Yep. He's inconsistent of course, but he's an actual wide option and plays as a right winger and can have moments of class. Martial is definitely more suited to the left compared to Rashford and more one sided, but also offers a bit of width, while Lingard and Mata basically just float inside all the time and leave the right wing empty. Been a problem for us for ages having that lopsided of an attack.

Hope he starts vs Spurs. Loves the big occasions, and we need pace and dribbling in behind and also someone who can stretch the play.

Acole9

Outstanding
I thought he was quality up top, felt a bit sorry for him when he moved out to the right, deserved a goal for his efforts.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Martial, Lukaku, and Rashford upfront, with Pogba or Sanchez behind look so much potential of beautiful attack on paper. Somehow it doesn't really work.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yep. He's inconsistent of course, but he's an actual wide option and plays as a right winger and can have moments of class. Martial is definitely more suited to the left compared to Rashford and more one sided, but also offers a bit of width, while Lingard and Mata basically just float inside all the time and leave the right wing empty. Been a problem for us for ages having that lopsided of an attack.

Hope he starts vs Spurs. Loves the big occasions, and we need pace and dribbling in behind and also someone who can stretch the play.
Well said and fully agree although we would miss Mata being an extra number in the middle at times we definitely need something from the right attacking areas.

RooneyLegend

Sell him for 30, insert a buy back for 50. At this point what we're doing is harming rather than benefiting him. He needs to be starting games up top at the highest level.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Sell him for 30, insert a buy back for 50. At this point what we're doing is harming rather than benefiting him. He needs to be starting games up top at the highest level.
So who and how much do we spend to replace him with?

And how would you be certain that playing up too regularly for Everton would guarantee him to progress better than at United?

AP88

Supports
Man City

And how would you be certain that playing up too regularly for Everton would guarantee him to progress better than at United?
I’m a broken record with this, but I’d sign Vardy and send Rashford to Leicester for a couple of years on loan - both the player and United will benefit from him playing regularly elsewhere long-term.

FlawlessThaw

I’m a broken record with this, but I’d sign Vardy and send Rashford to Leicester for a couple of years on loan - both the player and United will benefit from him playing regularly elsewhere long-term.
How would that benefit Rashford? Also no guarantee that he would start for Leicester up front, in fact I could easily see him go down the path of Iheanacho if the environment isn't friendly. So you're essentially asking a player to go from being in and around the first team at United to in and around the first team at Leicester.

Given it's a 2 year loan, there's no incentive for Leicester to put the players development at the forefront. I imagine they would also buy a new striker as well.

That as well as the fact I'm not 100% convinced playing regularly for a midtable club would add much more value than being in the first team squad at United.

RooneyLegend

Since when do you have to replace a squad player? Players progress more when they play regularly and playing their designated position, that's pretty common sense.
I don't know what this post is.
See Madrid, what they did with Morata.

FlawlessThaw

Since when do you have to replace a squad player? Players progress more when they play regularly and playing their designated position, that's pretty common sense.
Rashford has 31 league appearances for us so far. So he’s getting game time and whether or not you describe him as a squad player, we would have to be replaced if we sold him. So who would replace him then?

Last edited:

T A

His curved pass through Bournemouth’s defensive line to Martial on the left in first half was brilliant. Also his effort to recover the ball and a solo run after that showed both decisiveness and directness that he always contribute to the team everytime he’s on the pitch. I’m still seeing him more a central forward/striker than someone who can maximize all his potential on the wings

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Would start him over Sanchez tomorrow. He'll be great against that high defensive line of Spurs.

Hojoon

His curved pass through Bournemouth’s defensive line to Martial on the left in first half was brilliant. Also his effort to recover the ball and a solo run after that showed both decisiveness and directness that he always contribute to the team everytime he’s on the pitch. I’m still seeing him more a central forward/striker than someone who can maximize all his potential on the wings
Same. He's a tireless worker who constantly harasses defenders and isn't weak in the tackle either. Brings so much off the ball. I rate Lukaku highly but I can see Rashford being our starting striker in the future.

Swift Football

Leicester wouldnot give him regular lone striker role either. If Vardy is to leave, they will bring in a new striker instead and play Rashford as backup or play him in wide forward position.

RooneyLegend

Rashford has 31 league appearances for us so far. So he’s getting game time and whether or not you describe him as a squad player, we would have to be replaced if we sold him. So who would replace him then?
We don't have to replace him, we bought Sanchez in Jan without him really replacing anyone, just distribute his mins between Martial and Ligard. Again, you never have to replace squad players.
Benched him, sold him, bought him back.

Your point @RooneyLegend ?
My point ends there.
Put it like this, Madrid were never getting how much they got for Morata in the end had he not gone on loan, it fast-racked his development somewhat. That's what we need to happen with Rashford. He's too big a talent for us to be throwing around here, there and everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.