Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
He's young and needs coaching. He's got bag fulls of potential and has shown it.

He's not a winger.
What is he do you think? I don't think his finishing is consistent enough for a centre forward. He has all the attributes of a winger to me. He's still developing though.

simplyared

Frustrating seeing him at present. He's not firing on all cylinders and the reason is phsycological imv. He's nowhere near performing to his capabilities. Painfull to see such a young talented player's form decline, when he should be developing and taking his game to other levels and going in the other direction.

Minimalist

What is he do you think? I don't think his finishing is consistent enough for a centre forward. He has all the attributes of a winger to me. He's still developing though.
I think you're right but I don't see it as a massive problem right now. He shouldn't be a starter anyway, whether it's out-wide or up top. He needs to learn the game, bide his time and become a good/great United-level striker.

There's lots of forwards who could do a job on the left or right wing but I don't think that means you shoe-horn them in there.

Jericholyte2

Maybe I'm far too old school for this but all I ever keep hearing is that Rashford is unhappy at being a squad player.

He's 20 years old for Christ sake! Yes, he got two goals against Liverpool and that was great but when was his last great, impactful contribution when he has either started or come on as sub?

Look at Lingard, didn't start a game for ages at the start of the season, but then took his chances, scored goals, made assists and was then given consistent chances in the first team. People will go one about how Jose only does it cause he doesn't trust young players, but from what I've seen Rahsford simply isn't justifying his selection. He not doing what Jose needs of him.

Just look at the Brighton game. Starts the game, had that shocking moment when Martial was free in the box but he selfishly tried to get the goal himself and the made not telling contribution for the rest of them game. All week all I've heard in the media is how Jose apparently blew up at him, letting him know how bad the performance was....DAMN RIGHT!!!

If a 20 year old doesn't have the mentality to accept he isn't justifying a place in the first team (of one of the biggest clubs in the world too!), isn't willing to push himself to do better in order to justify said place, and can't take completely appropriate criticism from his manager when he plays shit, the frankly he has no future at the club.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The papers especially the Mirror have been banging on, that Rashford is unhappy. I'm am slowly starting to have doubts after dismissing it our of hand .

AndyJ1985

Not everyone will admit it because he's an academy lad. But he's not that good if we're being brutally honest. He actually seems to have got worse since his breakthrough season

ash_86

Definitely needs a loan to bring him to ground. Would actually do him more good than bad

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Not everyone will admit it because he's an academy lad. But he's not that good if we're being brutally honest. He actually seems to have got worse since his breakthrough season
I agree with this .Seems to have regressed.

champp1nho

I hope this was the last game for us. Brainless and not good enough. Hope he leaves permanently.

SATA

I'm starting to think he's deliberately not passing to teammates who play in the same position as him as he do not want them to overshadowed him in scoring the goals and thus taking his place in the team. See Martial last time out and Sanchez a few times today. Sanchez even gave up complaining after that when it happened again in the 85th minute during that counter attack

dove

Every single decision he makes is wrong... We should loan him and have Sanchez/Martial fight for LW position next season.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Rashford confuses but I guess he’s still just a kid. He went through a similar rough patch in the middle of last season, it seems to have come a little later this season. When he relies on his instincts he’s very good. When he has to make his mind up about stuff it’s not quite as good...

slacker38

how and why does he think he can play as Centre Forward ?
Can't pass, can't hold, can't build up play, always slowing things down when we countering, passing backwards and once he sees the goal, shoots into the crowd.
Playing him on the wing is also pretty useless these days as he seems to have lost the ability to beat his man.

Yes he is still young but he hasn't improved one bit since his debut season. He really thinks he has made it, hasn't he?

Art

Art the artist
13 goals and 9 assists is a very respectable tally for a 20 year old. We need to be patient with him. He'll figure it out.

Luke1995

I don't have any doubt he's a top talent. Some players just reach world class form later. We didn't know how good Torres was until he was 23. Be patient with Marcus.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'm starting to think he's deliberately not passing to teammates who play in the same position as him as he do not want them to overshadowed him in scoring the goals and thus taking his place in the team. See Martial last time out and Sanchez a few times today. Sanchez even gave up complaining after that when it happened again in the 85th minute during that counter attack
I didn't watch the match. Sad to hear he's done this again after what happened when he didn't pass to Martial.

I reckon he probably started believing a bit what's being said in the press... he's 20, and prone to have his head turned a bit. Let's hope someone has a good talk with him.

Reddevildans

That was one of the worst individual performances I've seen from a player who's scored in the game. Hes over complicating things and making very bad decisions. I think the club and player will both benefit if he's goes on loan next season but I can't see it happening. Great talent no doubt, but I don't think he possesses a great amount of football intelligence and this shows sometimes.

Silas

Not much of a team player these days. Seems obsessed with knocking the ball to his right then whacking it. Loaning him would have been a good idea if we didn't have to worry about Martial leaving.

van Nistelrooy

Why does he balloon virtually every shot/free kick from outside the area.

One of his shots from today is still rising! Needs a season on loan at another Premier League club.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
He is 20, people often forget that, but I also think the expectations were set too high, to begin with. There was a thread him or Mbappe a year ago. He will still come good I feel, but never some key or indispensable player.

Him starting not to shoot from every single position would help for a start.

FireBlade

He needs to be benched, He clearly does not want to pass to people who play the same position.

If he keeps that up he can leave as Big Rom is 3 times the striker right now and even Rom has a better first touch.

I rely hope this is not down to arrogance as he can still bounce back and progress.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He is 20, people often forget that, but I also think the expectations were set too high, to begin with. There was a thread him or Mbappe a year ago. He will still come good I feel, but never some key or indispensable player.

Him starting not to shoot from every single position would help for a start.
Love your last sentence. Specially when it concerns FKs from long range

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He needs to be benched, He clearly does not want to pass to people who play the same position.

If he keeps that up he can leave as Big Rom is 3 times the striker right now and even Rom has a better first touch.

I rely hope this is not down to arrogance as he can still bounce back and progress.
Don't think we really had a choice today, Lukaku and Martial were both out injured.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Love your last sentence. Specially when it concerns FKs from long range
Yeah, don't know why he is on the freekicks to begin. But, it is annoying altogether tbh. And its got to the stage where I fully expect he will shot every time he gets the ball.

izzydiggler

He's 20 years old and has time on his side - he's talented and his pace/willingness to run at defenders, regardless of success rate can be exciting (and equally infuriating) and it's something that we don't have much of, so he has many uses, even as a developing talent.

But I just don't see him as a regular future starter for a 'top' team (whether it's here or elsewhere) and am yet to be convinced he's the 'real deal' ...he was never really touted as a 'star prospect', he got thrown in due to injuries and scored a few goals, which catapulted him into the limelight, including earning many England caps.

His record is decent but weighted heavily towards his first 10 games or so and has been woeful in many games.

This is all perfectly normal for an inexperienced player, especially a 20 year old - I feel his glut of goals at the beginning as raised expectations to a level that he can't possibly achieve (at least at this stage of his career) and we should all revise them from 'world class wonderkid' to a talented player that needs time and even then, may not be good enough for us.

I mean, you have professional pundits saying he should leave because at the age of 20 he isn't starting every game for a historically successful team that has just finished 2nd in a top league...it's insane - let the kid develop and see. It would be great to see him improve into a great player but he's got a long way to go and I think everyone, including himself, needs to calm down a bit.

I also think Mourinho has to share some of the blame here too - his constant public criticism of players must be partly why they (the likes of Pogba, Shaw, Martial) try to do too much and go for personal glory, when a team mate is in a better position. He doesn't seem to reward good games and we've seen it many times where good performances result in being benched for weeks after - it's no wonder they think they have to score every time they get the ball.

Alabaster Codify7

Solid squad player, nothing more.

Lacks the creativity and flair to be a proper winger and lacks the presence to be an out-and-out striker. Doesn't seem happy at all at being displaced by a much, much better player in Alexis Sanchez.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Decision-making development will be a massive step for him. If he can improve on that he will be a very good player for us or whoever he happens to play for. But right now I'm not entirely sure what picture his brain is painting during games - and in fairness i'm not sure Picasso is painting in any player's head as things stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.